Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2016-Surgery Date. Where are you now?

I had my surgery on 9/12, so a little earlier.

30 year old male

I started at 285.

Surgery Weight was 230.

Currently at 165.

I'm in my first stall trying to get below 160. I still have a flabby middle, I've lost a ton of muscle mass, and my tailbone is now so prominent that it hurts to sit. But I've actually been running, if only for a few minutes at a time, on a treadmill. Never done that in my life!

2 hours ago, ryan_86 said:

I had my surgery on 9/12, so a little earlier.

30 year old male

I started at 285.

Surgery Weight was 230.

Currently at 165.

I'm in my first stall trying to get below 160. I still have a flabby middle, I've lost a ton of muscle mass, and my tailbone is now so prominent that it hurts to sit. But I've actually been running, if only for a few minutes at a time, on a treadmill. Never done that in my life!

Congrats on your progress! I too am trying to learn to run. It's tough for me, even with weight loss, everything hurts so bad after I run!

Hi October 16 sleevers!

I'm doing well. Really starting to enjoy life. Hiking! Lots of hiking, which makes me very happy to the core. My starting (high) weight in September was 239, and 219 on day of surgery- October 3, 2016.

I am down to 166 lbs (74 lbs gone) so far. From a size 20 pants, 2XL top to a size 10 pants and Medium top currently. My goal is 135 lbs, size 8 pants and size Small top. I believe I will reach my goal by late summer this year.

It is nice to now eat a variety of foods. Still very small portions, (3-4oz at a time) but at least the addition of vegetables, nuts and salads has been wonderful. And a few pieces of fruit now and then too! I'm still very wary of carbs and likely will not eat sugar again even after goal. I have come to discover over these past 5 months that refined sugar really, really, messed with me both physically and mentally, therefore I have pated ways with all things sugar for life.

I'm attaching a before and after pic. Before was just before surgery and after was last weekend hiking!

Untitled-2.jpg

Hi October 16 sleevers!
I'm doing well. Really starting to enjoy life. Hiking! Lots of hiking, which makes me very happy to the core. My starting (high) weight in September was 239, and 219 on day of surgery- October 3, 2016.
I am down to 166 lbs (74 lbs gone) so far. From a size 20 pants, 2XL top to a size 10 pants and Medium top currently. My goal is 135 lbs, size 8 pants and size Small top. I believe I will reach my goal by late summer this year.
It is nice to now eat a variety of foods. Still very small portions, (3-4oz at a time) but at least the addition of vegetables, nuts and salads has been wonderful. And a few pieces of fruit now and then too! I'm still very wary of carbs and likely will not eat sugar again even after goal. I have come to discover over these past 5 months that refined sugar really, really, messed with me both physically and mentally, therefore I have pated ways with all things sugar for life.
I'm attaching a before and after pic. Before was just before surgery and after was last weekend hiking!

Untitled-2.jpg.67daa8f184b5bf38407b20c1c02df0df.jpg

Wow! You look so healthy and wonderful! And a Pats fan to boot!
I can't wait to hike. I live in the mountains near the Appalachian trails and am dying to go explore! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi. Sleeved on 10/28. Down 60 lbs as of today. My stomach can tolerate everything. Nothing really bothers it and some days can eat quite a bit. Which makes me nervous for the future. I am just trying hard lately to be more focused on what I am eating and stick with Protein as much as possible.

I did recently discover that my hormones are completely unbalanced and have caused extreme fatigue. Just started taking hormone replacement injections and already feeling much better.

I am only 5.5 lbs until I am finally out of the 200s. Which is a huge milestone in this journey.

I hear that the first 50-60 lbs are easier to lose and everything else is much harder after that. I am really hoping I can continue this losing trend. I don't really have an amount set for my goal. But 100 pounds would be the best goal right now. That would put me at 166 lbs at 5'5"

Congratulations to all of us for taking control of our health and all the changes we have made. You all look amazing.

Hi. Sleeved on 10/28. Down 60 lbs as of today. My stomach can tolerate everything. Nothing really bothers it and some days can eat quite a bit. Which makes me nervous for the future. I am just trying hard lately to be more focused on what I am eating and stick with Protein as much as possible.

I did recently discover that my hormones are completely unbalanced and have caused extreme fatigue. Just started taking hormone replacement injections and already feeling much better.

I am only 5.5 lbs until I am finally out of the 200s. Which is a huge milestone in this journey.

I hear that the first 50-60 lbs are easier to lose and everything else is much harder after that. I am really hoping I can continue this losing trend. I don't really have an amount set for my goal. But 100 pounds would be the best goal right now. That would put me at 166 lbs at 5'5"

Congratulations to all of us for taking control of our health and all the changes we have made. You all look amazing.

I feel the same way. For some reason, some days I indulge myself more than I should, and there's no restriction at all.

Back to fundamentals!

My surgery is also October 18. Surgery wgt is 234, cw 177. I workout a lot though sometimes I run 10 miles in a day bc I just have that energy and I really enjoy running

I'm stuck at 210ish pounds and have been for 3 weeks now. I'm discouraged and frustrated.

Down 69 pounds since 10/27/16.

RNY Oct 3, 2016 - 66.5lbs gone!

HW and SW - 292
CW -225.5

So happy with results - it just seems to be melting off. Dropped calories Sunday from 1300 to 1200 as was slowing down to 1ish a week and lost 3 this week!

I go to the gym about 3-4 times every two weeks, but I chase a 2 year old every night and all weekend!

Anyone else making bad choices? Or forgetting to eat for hours? I've been really struggling getting everything i need in. Water, Protein, Vitamins. To a sane post op patient it may look like I'm trying to kill myself. But i do eat it just hasn't been the best choices. Not gonna lie had a candy problem this week. Been addicted to Gummy candies for the past week or 2. Good news is im pretty burnt out on junk. This only happens around shark week but i don't need it happening at all. Anyone else having this trouble? I forget i had this surgery until i eat something and instantly remember the choice i made wasnt wise. Good news, im still losing. But i probably could be losing more. I don't know. Im just really in a bad mental space right now.

@Torriluv87 I think that it is our nature to struggle. I have been were you are. What makes the difference is if you let your mind trick you into thinking it's ok to continue on that path. Take 20 minutes literally alone and have a conversation out loud with yourself about where this path will lead you and how you feel if you allow that. Start tracking your food again if you stopped. This is your journey. Your still in it to win it..... for YOU and you sound fantastic and normal. Good luck!

Surgery date 4th Oct
HW - 311
CW - 236
GW - 168
75lbs down which could be more but was on holiday the last 3 months.

Anyone else making bad choices? Or forgetting to eat for hours? I've been really struggling getting everything i need in. Water, Protein, Vitamins. To a sane post op patient it may look like I'm trying to kill myself. But i do eat it just hasn't been the best choices. Not gonna lie had a candy problem this week. Been addicted to Gummy candies for the past week or 2. Good news is im pretty burnt out on junk. This only happens around shark week but i don't need it happening at all. Anyone else having this trouble? I forget i had this surgery until i eat something and instantly remember the choice i made wasnt wise. Good news, im still losing. But i probably could be losing more. I don't know. Im just really in a bad mental space right now.

Made more than my share of bad choices this month, but the surgery is a step on the journey. I used to say I'm a work in progress, and I still am. I think it's more important to worry about what you'll do tomorrow.

I decided to see my nutritionist again. Figured this all started with her, and checking in now and again can only help to make those course corrections.

This week has been a struggle. The last two days I have gained 2.5 lbs and I don't know why. I have kept my calories below 1,000 and have been getting my Protein in etc etc. has this happened to anyone? I mean my weight sometimes fluctuates a pound here and there but never consistently going up. Hopefully this is just temporary. I decided I am going to go Protein Shakes only today and tomorrow to see if that will help push my body into the right direction. Just frustrated.