Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting close to the mushy foods stage. What was the first you thing ate?! Suggestions?? Thanks!

Countess531

Edited by Countess531

Today is my first day of pureed/soft foods.

Cold ricotta with salt and pepper.

It was effing amazing.

There are some really good posts about this in the food and nutrition section! I found a ton of good recipes for my puréed phase.

Nonfat refried Beans with a little bit of light sour cream. Yum!

I'm not going to lie to you, it was the worst part of this whole experience and I only had to do it for two weeks. Cream of chicken (don't add liquid), non fat yoplait yogurt, and a ricotta bake (lasagna w/o noodles and meat).

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Today was the first day on soft foods for me. I had 1/2 egg (scrambled) for Breakfast and my stomach still feels heavy 8 hours later. I brought a baby food container for lunch but it tasted horrible and I threw it out after one bite. Husband is making a ricotta bake for dinner tonight. He asked if I was sure I wanted it after the egg this morning, but Tomato paste and cheese are my favorite flavors so going to give it a go!

@@computercat

Egg can be very harsh. I am 28 months post op and still they feel like bricks in my stomach. I get sick every single time I try them by themselves. I can eat a tiny and I do mean tiny amount of a hard boiled egg if it is in a salad.

I can pretty much eat everything else but I have found it very common for people to have trouble with eggs. I have also learned that you need to keep trying every couple of weeks or months. I last tried them about 6 weeks ago and I just cannot handle them so I am giving up on eggs.< /p>

Today was my first day on mushy foods and I had egg salad. It sat in my stomach and I had a full feeling for 2 hours after I ate it, so for dinner I had Soup instead of a piece of fish I was planning on.