Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

í hαd mч ѕurgєrч σn 2/8/17σnє wєєk αftєr mч вírthdαч αnd thє fírѕt dαч hσmє í wαѕ fínє mч ѕєcσnd dαч í cσuldn't gєt ríd σf thíѕ σvєrlч full fєєlíng αnd ít wαѕn't вєcαuѕє σf thє líquíd díєt вєcαuѕє í cσuld σnlч cσnѕumє вαrє mínímum вut thє dαч í gσt rєlєαѕєd frσm thє hσѕpítαl thєч tσσk αll thє líquíd fσrm σf pαín, rσutínє mєdѕ, αnd multívítαmín αwαч αnd gαvє mє rєgulαr píllѕ wíthσut tєllíng mє hσw tσ prσpєrlч cσnѕumє αnd í tσσk thєm mínutєѕ αpαrt ѕσ thєч ѕtαчєd ín mч pσuch αnd tσσk fσrєvєr tσ díѕѕσlvє. ѕσ íf чσu'rє σn mєdѕ αlrєαdч вє cαrєful αnd tαkє thєm αn hσur σr hσur αnd α hαlf αpαrt tσdαч í'm fínє cσnѕumíng mч вrσth αnd jєllσ αnd wαtєr αnd crчѕtαl líght. mч mσttσ íѕ σnє dαч αt α tímє í dídn't gєt thíѕ ѕízє σvєrníght αnd ít wσn't gσ αwαч σvєrníght вut í'm rєαdч tσ mαkє mє grєαt αgαín. hσpє thíѕ hєlpѕ ѕσmєσnє.

Day 2 home for me was rough too. That overly full feeling is all of the nitrogen or carbon dioxide gas that they used to inflate our bellies so they could see when doing the procedure. It was the hardest part of recovery. I had minimal pain from the surgery itself. I wasn't prepared for the gas pains.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Surgery (convert Lap Band to RNY) is Feb 14th and starting my 2 day liquid diet today. Going well so far. Thank you all for the updates and comments about day 2 (gas pain) as well as to ensure pills are taken spaced apart etc- to prevent issues!

I am nervous about post op pain and nausea- nausea has been a big issue with me in the past from surgery.... Oddly- the rest I am just crazy excited about!

My Doc is having me use Isopure ready to drink- 2 bottles today and 2 tomorrow in addition to other liquids. I was told they were awful- but honestly- the first one so far has been ok- Tropical Punch or some such flavor. It has that classic - almost bitter or dry or something tongue feel afterward that all Protein Drinks make me feel- but flavor is ok.

Happy days upcoming to all!!

Actually- question for all- and I apologize if this has been addressed my someone else or somewhere else- I am surfing around and havent found it yet....

Does the sodium content of the stuff you consume during a clear liquid diet matter?

I mean- this is for pre-op- do i need to make it all low sodium? (assuming no other reasons Healthwise to stay low sodium)- does normal sodium amount cause an abnormal amount of tissue swelling that would be bad for the operation? Like increase risk for staple line leakage?

The only info I got from my doctor was low sugar or no sugar.... nothing about sodium. Since it is sunday I have called their questions line but no answer yet... wondering if people here have experience with this topic.

Thanks all!

1 hour ago, Karen1961 said:

Feb. 22! One week and 1 day!

Mine is the day after yours!! I am so excited!

I'm a week away from surgery (February 21st), and I got a call today about my surgery getting postponed because I haven't proved I'm ready. I can't stop crying. This is so frustrating. I am fully committed and I'm by the end of my first week of liquid diet. It feels like now I'm not sure what's going to happen. I really want and need this surgery, and I'm doing all I can to prove it. I gained some weight over the past six months, and that's what the doctor is concerned about. With only a week from surgery, I feel very sad and frustrated. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks for your support, I really need it :(

I'm a week away from surgery (February 21st), and I got a call today about my surgery getting postponed because I haven't proved I'm ready. I can't stop crying. This is so frustrating. I am fully committed and I'm by the end of my first week of liquid diet. It feels like now I'm not sure what's going to happen. I really want and need this surgery, and I'm doing all I can to prove it. I gained some weight over the past six months, and that's what the doctor is concerned about. With only a week from surgery, I feel very sad and frustrated. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks for your support, I really need it [emoji20]

I'm sorry to hear that.. where are you having your surgery done at?

Good luck on your surgery..... I am having my surgery on that day too. Enjoy clear liquid day today!

How are u doing with the clear liquid diet? For me it's no problem. The problem I have is this darn bowel prep lol.. just it's annoying lol

I'm sorry to hear that.. where are you having your surgery done at?

I'm having surgery at Bellevue Hospital in NYC

Prayers for you, good luck. You've got this