Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you who did not have "food funerals":

Not at all. What's to regret? I now wear a size 8 jeans, I've been at a healthy weight because of surgery for 3.5 years and have regained my life. I can run, dance all night, climb sand dunes with my family, do mud runs, shop in any store I please, wear high heels without pain...

Why would I stuff my face one last time, only to add to the weight I wanted to turn around and lose? I ate enough food in my 40 years to fill MORE than my lifetime share. Now I can still eat whatever I want, whenever I want, I just eat a small portion and enjoy each bite instead of just shoveling it in mindlessly.

Life is great. No food funeral needed.

I didn't have one, and after the surgery, I really wished I'd had gone out to my favorite restaurant once before the surgery. Nothing excessive, just to eat something I'd enjoy.

However, this is because by the time I had the surgery, I had been losing tons of weight (60 lbs pre-op) so I felt particularly deprived :)

Yep sometimes I do. Seeing what my family eats I sorta wish I had , had a big decent last supper lol..

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Same here I'm really wanting that big dinner.

I didn't have one, and after the surgery, I really wished I'd had gone out to my favorite restaurant once before the surgery. Nothing excessive, just to eat something I'd enjoy.

However, this is because by the time I had the surgery, I had been losing tons of weight (60 lbs pre-op) so I felt particularly deprived :)

Wow! 60lbs?! That's amazing!! I definitely understand the deprived feeling. Haha. Though, I hadn't lost 60lbs unfortunately

Never. I wanted to lose weight so much that the 35 pounds I dropped pre-surgery felt like a lifeline. By not having food funerals, by working really hard, I made my doctor's goal in four months.

I don't feel deprived now, either. I eat anything I want...in moderation and within my calorie limits.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

@lipsticklady High Heels with NO Pain....... Forget food I was SOLD right there! lol I used to always wear heels now I only own one pair : ( That will be my weight loss reward when ever I reach a goal. Thanks

Did you regret it post surgery? Like, now that you can't eat a whole lot at once, do you regret not having that "Last Supper?"

I am having my surgery in May and I had realized that this is the last holidays I will be able to eat like this. So I ate alot of sweet potatoes my favorite and still because of paying more attention to Protein I actually lost a lb. New Years was different because of my love of egg nog and nutmeg. I knew the eggnog would hurt me but I have kinda been making my funeral arrangements one food item at a time. I am so glad the holidays are over for now but I will be interested in seeing how much my eating will change after surgery, this should be interesting!

Sent from my 0PM92 using the BariatricPal App

Did you regret it post surgery? Like, now that you can't eat a whole lot at once, do you regret not having that "Last Supper?"

I am having my surgery in May and I had realized that this is the last holidays I will be able to eat like this. So I ate alot of sweet potatoes my favorite and still because of paying more attention to Protein I actually lost a lb. New Years was different because of my love of egg nog and nutmeg. I knew the eggnog would hurt me but I have kinda been making my funeral arrangements one food item at a time. I am so glad the holidays are over for now but I will be interested in seeing how much my eating will change after surgery, this should be interesting!

Nothing stopping you from changing your eating now.

The goal is to lose weight.....start now....no need to wait around for the surgery to do so. The surgery is not magic.

You will still be able to eat sweet potatoes and drink egg nog and have a bunch of other junk food post op if you choose to do so. It's never to early to put good practices into place.

The goal is to lose weight.....start now....no need to wait around for the surgery to do so. The surgery is not magic.

You will still be able to eat sweet potatoes and drink egg nog and have a bunch of other junk food post op if you choose to do so. It's never to early to put good practices into place.

Totally agree with @Dub - most of the changes I made I made before surgery. It definitely has made the past 5 weeks post-op much simpler, since the habits were already in place.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

Edited by Fredbear

Yes I am putting better food choices but the topic was about giving certain foods a funeral and I thought that's kinda what I did over the holidays this year realizing next year it will be a whole nother ballgame but you're right I am learning how to implement better choices so I can loose before my surgery. Thank you

@lipsticklady High Heels with NO Pain....... Forget food I was SOLD right there! lol I used to always wear heels now I only own one pair : ( That will be my weight loss reward when ever I reach a goal. Thanks

I, too, shall wear heels again!!! lol

There's no point to a food funeral in my opinion. Get on track now, lose the weight, get to goal. Make working out a habit in your life and enjoy delicious food you love AFTER you hit goal. I'm below my goal. I work out 5-7x a week. On New Year's I had a glass of Moet, 6 oysters and a couple bites of truffled lobster Mac n cheese. I finished the night off with 2 dark chocolate truffles. You'll be satisfied completely and won't feel like you're missing out on anything. The next morning I worked it off at the gym and got right back to my usual food program (2 premier Protein shakes, a Quest bar and 2 3 oz meals of a Protein and a cheese). No need for funerals when you're starting a new life!