Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Week Post Op Stall

Did any of you get the 2 Week Post op stall? How long did it last?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I did. Mine lasted a whole week, then the next week I lost 5 pounds. Then the following week, I stalled again. It has been that way pretty much since the 2nd week.... one week I will stall, the next I will lose. I am 7 weeks post op now.

I did not stall until after two months, and then I was in one spot for three weeks. It just broke for me this week, and I lost four pounds in four days.

Hi all I'm post op sleeve 1 week. It's may be two early to discuss stall, but wonder for those of you who experienced the "stall" did you all change eating habits, increase activity, Fluid intake?

SW 304 CW 294. I'm happy with the amount I have lost now, but struggling to eat at each meal. I mange to get my Protein shake down, but other than tuna don't have much of an appetite. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@newimage2017 The biggest change I made was to cut back on Protein bars, and work harder on getting my Protein from regular food. I do a lot of driving about the countryside right now for several reasons, and had gotten into the habit of eating Protein Bars while on the road. I switched back to regular food, packing things like beef Jerky, peanuts, etc, and that is when I noticed the resumption of weight loss. Of course, this is anecdotal. It has only happened once to me so far, so I cannot say with certainty this is anything more than a correlation.

I stalled after 2 weeks. It lasted about 2 weeks. Then I carried on losing. I have had occasional stalls since then (lasting up to 3 weeks). I'm now 7 months post op and still losing but not too far off where I want to be in the long term. I don't do anything different when I stall. Just carry on trying to eat sensibly (ie enough Protein, good variety of foods including vegetables and fruit, taking Vitamins etc). Just accept that it's a part of this process, don't panic and eat the right things. Hope all goes well.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Me too, I stalled at 13 days. Weird because calories were between 600-800. But today....22 days post op, dropped 3!! Trying to just concentrate on the spring, thinking of where I will be! Good luck, keep us posted!

I'm 17 days out and have had no change in the last 5 days. It's making me crazy, but apparently it's not uncommon.

I'm 17 days out and have had no change in the last 5 days. It's making me crazy, but apparently it's not uncommon.

Hang in there, the stalls are common. Continue good eating habits and excerise and the stall will break. I know it's frustrating right now. I have the same issue, I was on a stall for two weeks, all of the sudden I lost 6 pounds. Stay positive

Newimage2017 ❤️️

I'm 3 months post op and stalled repeatedly. I'd increase my calories and get another drop. The body is just catching up and reregulating. Check your choices, follow your plan, get enough rest and just keep swimming.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App