Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do so many people like "my 600 pound life" ?

I wasn't so sad watching it. It shows eating disorders many overweight people have. It shows how unhealthy a person can get when they constantly eat the wrong things. It's a piece of every fat person inside each individual on that show....It's the realiest "reality" show I've seen thus far.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

If I wake up in the middle of the night when nothing else is on, I'll watch it. But I agree with amf1025, its really horrible. I dislike Dr. Now so much. And the patients are not your average person that there is no way I can relate to in real life. They all seem to be uneducated and likely on welfare or government assistance. Which pisses me off again. Obviously the taxpayers paying their six drives thru at fast food a day for the patient and typically a family member.

Its just annoying.

Now I really wish the actress on This Is Us would follow through during a break in taping. She was on a talk show the other day and seems to be very happy in her skin. (she looked bigger on the talk show). Yet her on air heavy set love interest who is Toby, in real life is normal size, said he basicallyis wearing a fat suit during to add 150 pounds during his taping on the show. :(

It makes people feel better to see people worse off than they are.

I don't like the Doctor.

I also really don't like watching people that poor. They are almost always in abusive dysfunctional relationships.

I like fat doctor UK better.

The whole thing is sad.

The episode I watched yesterday was a lady got to 750 lbs. Was in bed for a year and her children were giving her sponge baths. First of all I think social services might have gotten involved and there is no way I would have let myself get to that point , which is why I'm getting help now !!!!

Sent from my N9132 using the BariatricPal App

At 450lb i could understand what put them in a position of not wanting to move or leave the house. I also could understand not having enough money to see a dr when they noticed how bad it bad getting. I can also understand being in an unhealthy relationship when you feel no one else will love you. Ive been through all these things at some point of my life. Hell i can even understand eatting to fill the void im sure we all can underatand that. But i hate their dr he is an a*****e. I could NEVER eat as much as they do. And how the hell did they make it pass 600lbs when i thought i was going to die at 450. But i watch it while i excercize because i feel like i can relate to alot of their issues and i know what im fighting for. I started this because of that show. I am fighting to not be them. Because i can understand them.

The Losers Bench

Edited by ThinJenne

I find it sad but motivating. I would be in total denial if I pretended that I got to over 260 pounds without some of the same mental issues that many of the participants have. I watch it and it makes me eat better for the rest of the day.

I find it motivating to see how they overcame obstacles. I really like the doctor - he seems to really care about his patients.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I love Dr. Now! I feel like he is the only person in their life who brings them a good dose of reality. I think most of us realize when we get to a point of no return but these people are a special case. I think they need someone to bring them back down to earth a bit. He's like the "Simon" of the Baristric world.

Edited by panthermomkk

When I watch I can't eat for the rest of the day.. it's Iike when I watch a episode of hoarders I get up and start cleaning everything lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Yes hoarders does that to me too...sometimes I can't make it through the whole show tho..some of those places are scary disgusting...smh

When I watch I can't eat for the rest of the day.. it's Iike when I watch a episode of hoarders I get up and start cleaning everything lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I begin to itch when I watch "Hoarders" and feel like there are bugs crawling on my skin. I usually begin to clean and organize obsessively afterwards.

Some of the ppl are encouraging to me.... To see a person 600 pounds push to lose weight to get a surgery done that I don't have to lose a once for makes me want to work harder! We see them on the show at their lowest points in life and then watch them blossom : ) I normally sit back and say if he/or she can do it I can.... We have ppl here today struggling with the pre op diet imagine doing that at 600 pounds when you know your body has grown accustom to wayyy more calories!

I see them as Goal Diggers ; )