Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else the waiting is killing them?

I barely started my journey and have only completed the first class at kaiser and scheduled the 12th of Jan for my surgery overview class.. I am getting a little discouraged and anxious at the same time and I can't lose any weight cause it could disqualify me for the surgery cause I don't have any other issues like high cholesterol ( but I just started a medication that raises my cholesterol) high blood pressure , diabetes ect .. but my family on both side have everything and a ton more .

So I'm sitting here spinning my wheels can't to anything ..

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Try to think of this time as preparing instead of just waiting. The things you learn in your casses and appointments are tools, just like the surgery. Your chances off success (in ANYTHING) increase significantly when you go into them well educated and prepared.

I think we are just anxious cause we have been waiting our whole life for something that will work for us. If your anything like me cause I seriously have tried all the diets known to mankind. I even went as far to mash up a couple thinking it would work. Lol @@amf1025

My next appointment isn't until the 12th either. It seems like once I made up my mind, I wanted it done yesterday!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

This.

I started looking into WLS probably this time last year but at the time had insurance that would not cover the procedure. I started a new job and was waiting on the new insurance to kick in, once that started I saw it was covered but still wanted to try something else. I did the medical weight loss and $2k+ later I had lost 20lbs and realized the liquid only diet was not sustainable and I was going broke, fast. Since then I've just been gyming and going back to some old eating habits. Now I'm wishing I had just done this a year ago! I have my first surgeon consultation and NUT appointment on the 12th as well. I'm very excited but wish I had gotten this done already.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the BariatricPal App

The closer I'm getting the more excited I am, so just give it some time. I just have a sleep study left and that is scheduled for the 18th. Just try every day to research and start making better food choices-during the last couple months I've had ups and downs, but now I have a good meal plan and exercise routine so I hit my surgery weight and get in better shape for when I recover.

You got this!

I so feel you on that !! I made up my mind about a month ago .. my mom had it done about 3 yrs ago and she still had the binder they gave her and I read it 3 times researched and researched and I know it's what's best for me. So I'm like I'm ready !!! Let's do it now !! Team ready !! Go !! Go !! Go!! Lol

@@clc9

Thanx , positive people make it feel like I do got this ! Congrats you are so close ! It's like a huge accomplishment to get through all the hoops the give you in itself which makes you more motivated and with forums like this and support group in person... no way we can fail.

@@mcg2074

I promise.....it is worth the wait! LOL......I thought I would lose my mind. It took 9 months to the day from the very first class to the day i got into the operating room.

As frustrating as it is, it is absolutely positively worth it!

Best of luck to all of you!

I barely started my journey and have only completed the first class at kaiser and scheduled the 12th of Jan for my surgery overview class.. I am getting a little discouraged and anxious at the same time and I can't lose any weight cause it could disqualify me for the surgery cause I don't have any other issues like high cholesterol ( but I just started a medication that raises my cholesterol) high blood pressure , diabetes ect .. but my family on both side have everything and a ton more .

So I'm sitting here spinning my wheels can't to anything ..

Yes I understand. My surgery won't be untill June. When I come across a lot of situations and things I find myself saying , "just wait until I have my surgery" lol so I understand how waiting sucks. I'm anxious I don't want to b big for 6 more months

Try to think of this time as preparing instead of just waiting. The things you learn in your casses and appointments are tools, just like the surgery. Your chances off success (in ANYTHING) increase significantly when you go into them well educated and prepared.

secretly????sleeving

I see my primary Dr. on the 10 th and I need 6 months of signed weight loss papers signed. Since he recommended the surgery she thinks he might just sign them, but if not that means I can't even finish my paperwork until June :/

Sent from my N9132 using the BariatricPal App

I see my primary Dr. on the 10 th and I need 6 months of signed weight loss papers signed. Since he recommended the surgery she thinks he might just sign them, but if not that means I can't even finish my paperwork until June :/

Sent from my N9132 using the BariatricPal App

I'll have to wait at least 90 days. My insurance does not require that I do the 6 months route, but a 3mo one instead, and that one is slightly different from the signed diet and exercise I believe. I still have to see the specific DRs for things 4 times each, I believe. So my best guess is I'll be having the surgery in April assuming I get the approval.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the BariatricPal App