Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance Question, BCBSIL

I'm from St. Louis area. My insurance paperwork was sent on December 6th. Have had all pre-testing, psychological, dietician class, letters from physicians stating necessity, had EGD Scope on 12/15. Curious, how long does it take for approval from insurance company ? My BMI is 63. Have been on this roller coaster for too long. I'm a paramedic and need this to save myself. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I live in Kansas City and have BCBS, it only took a week and a half. My BMI is 48 and I have no other ailments other then sleep apnea which I found out through this process. Surgery is January 9th!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No I would give them a call but they could be backed up with it being the end of the year and all. Don't worry I'm sure you will get you approval! I'll say a prayer for ya!

I don't know if it matters, im in Illinois, just other side of st. Louis. The insurance company, has already paid or processed claim submitted by dietician, psychologist evaluation, the surgeons visit, the ekg and xrays and dietary class..

Thank you so much

I'm sure it's because their busy with the end of the year and people needing to get things done but I'd give them a call. My Bariatric center actually called me before the BCBS nurse did to tell me I was approved.

I have Bcbs IL and submitted a little before you and found out it was denied, did the whole repeal process and am having surgery today. They said they weren't expediting any cases, but they only had till the 27th (14 business days). I would call them!!

I have Bcbs IL and submitted a little before you and found out it was denied, did the whole repeal process and am having surgery today. They said they weren't expediting any cases, but they only had till the 27th (14 business days). I would call them!!

I did call today, found out when lady at drs office submitted paperwork. She, put attention -- pre approval dept, apparently cause it was mislabeled it went back to drs office. According to representative at BCBSIL, it should've initially went to the pre-determination department initially, but never went there cause in the heading said pre-approval. The drs office gave me a reference number. The drs office submitted a twenty page report, in my original paperwork on 12/6, Now, since i called it's been routed to the pre-determination department, which now could take up to another thirty days.

Not necessarily dr office fault. My office put how many pages there were on the cover sheet and they denied it because there was no psych eval. Well it's also 12 pages short. Sounds like the fax room there is a hot mess.

I just hope, it doesn't take thirty days to review it.. the last thing I had done was EGD Scope on 12/15. All other screening and test have been done . Thanks for your responses. Just ready to get this new chapter started, in my life.

Mine approval was very quick. Probably less than a week. I had absolutely no issues with BCBSIL.