Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stupid question, but do they strip you nude in surgery?

Ok, so to add another layer to this topic, I have a question. I've had to walk into a surgery room a time or two, and was completely awake and in my right mind as they prepped my body for what's to come. Every single time I was completely terrified. Do they give you medicine in your iv beforehand to relax you before the grand entrance to thy sterile chambers?

I don't remember anything from leaving the pre op area to waking up in recovery. I'm sure they can do that for you if you ask!

Sent from my iPhone

No one clawed their eyes out the day of my surgery so I can be sure that they didn't look...

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

When I was in pre-op I had to strip naked and they supplied me with three packages of antibacterial wipes that I had to wipe EVERY inch of my body with ... and it was sticky! Additionally, then naked with a gown and padded socks on feet. They told me they were giving me something to relax me in my IV while pushing me in the bed down the hall, but I blacked out. Never saw Operation Room. Never moved from bed to operating table. And yes. Woke up with a different colored gown on in recovery.

Just a warning, ask relatives how anesthesia worked on them if you've never had it. I ended up staying 3 extra days bc I was so nauseous I couldn't drink, so I couldn't leave without IV (no use in becoming dehydrated at home and then returning to hospital for that). I was so grateful that they kept me there!

I had no physical pain really ... a little soreness on the incisions, a little gas in shoulders. The nausea was the worst part of my whole recovery process. I barely used pain pump in hospital and didn't take any pain meds at home.

You'll do great. Surgery is the easy part!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When I was in pre-op I had to strip naked and they supplied me with three packages of antibacterial wipes that I had to wipe EVERY inch of my body with ... and it was sticky! Additionally, then naked with a gown and padded socks on feet. They told me they were giving me something to relax me in my IV while pushing me in the bed down the hall, but I blacked out. Never saw Operation Room. Never moved from bed to operating table. And yes. Woke up with a different colored gown on in recovery.

Just a warning, ask relatives how anesthesia worked on them if you've never had it. I ended up staying 3 extra days bc I was so nauseous I couldn't drink, so I couldn't leave without IV (no use in becoming dehydrated at home and then returning to hospital for that). I was so grateful that they kept me there!

I had no physical pain really ... a little soreness on the incisions, a little gas in shoulders. The nausea was the worst part of my whole recovery process. I barely used pain pump in hospital and didn't take any pain meds at home.

You'll do great. Surgery is the easy part!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Haha, I had forgotten about the wipes! I remember now, wiping myself down like I had just crawled out of the sewer. At least no one was around to watch. And I don't remember a thing from the point where they got done shaving my belly to where I woke up all of a sudden thinking something must have gone wrong, with everyone rushing around in the OR. After thinking about it some, I realized I was the last person of the day, and they were just in a hurry to clean up and get out of there.

You strip yourself and put on a hospital gown before they wheel you into surgery.

Wait! You mean the weirdo in the van wasn't supposed to give me free candy then strip me down? Uuuuuummmmmmm, I think I need to make a police report.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Okay, I have a bit of a story to tell. This does not involve the OR, but it does involve post op, and people I had never met before.

One of the side effects of anesthesia is your bladder stops working. I did not learn about this until I was in my hospital room long after my surgery. I felt the urge to pee, and... nothing. I stood there, thinking all the right thoughts, and making all the right motions, but produced exactly nothing. Okay, I thought, I will try again in a little while.

A little while later, I got the exact same results. I called for a nurse. The nurse, a very attractive young lady, came into the room, and I explained my problem. She in turn explained the phenomena of anesthesia on bladders, and promised to return forthwith with an ultrasound machine to determine how full my bladder really was.

A few minutes later, we determined that I had an ENTIRE FREAKING HALF LITER inside my bladder waiting to come out. She said, "I will go get John, so we can insert a catheter."

At this point, I didn't care if she brought in the local "News At 6" team. All i wanted was to be drained, and as quickly as possible.

"Why do we need John!?! Is that so he can hold me down!?!?"

"No! Haha! We just like to have another man in the room."

"I DON'T CARE WHO IS IN THE ROOM RIGHT NOW!!!!! LET"S JUST GET THIS DONE!!!!"

So yeah, I was naked as a jaybird, and John, and the very attractive lady nurse who was young enough to be my daughter handled my winky, and stuck a tube down it in a very painful way. It was the first time since I had been married that another woman saw Little LitteBill not standing at attention. But in the end, I did not care. Relief was way more important than dignity.

Edited by LittleBill

Okay, I have a bit of a story to tell. This does not involve the OR, but it does involve post op, and people I had never met before.

One of the side effects of anesthesia is your bladder stops working. I did not learn about this until I was in my hospital room long after my surgery. I felt the urge to pee, and... nothing. I stood there, thinking all the right thoughts, and making all the right motions, but produced exactly nothing. Okay, I thought, I will try again in a little while.

A little while later, I got the exact same results. I called for a nurse. The nurse, a very attractive young lady, came into the room, and I explained my problem. She in turn explained the phenomena of anesthesia on bladders, and promised to return forthwith with an ultrasound machine to determine how full my bladder really was.

A few minutes later, we determined that I had an ENTIRE FREAKING LITER inside my bladder waiting to come out. She said, "I will go get John, so we can insert a catheter."

At this point, I didn't care if she brought in the local "News At 6" team. All i wanted was to be drained, and as quickly as possible.

So yeah, I was naked as a jaybird, and John, and the very attractive lady nurse who was young enough to be my daughter handled my winky, and stuck a tube down it in a very painful way. It was the first time since I had been married that another woman saw Little LitteBill not standing at attention. But in the end, I did not care. Relief was way more important than dignity.

So, others got to see Little Bill but only standing at attention? Lol.

I'm just giving you shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

A few minutes later, we determined that I had an ENTIRE FREAKING LITER inside my bladder waiting to come out. She said, "I will go get John, so we can insert a catheter."

So, others got to see Little Bill but only standing at attention? Lol.

I'm just giving you ****.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I like her????

...Bill is just crazy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

@@Who'sThere Let's just say that when he was young, and before he got respectable, Little LittleBill got around. Then Mrs LittleBill came along. ;-)

For my colonoscopy I was horrified to find out my gastroenterologist would be doing the procedure. I had assumed it would be an assistant. As a chronic side issue, I had complained to that gastroenterologist that I was waking up in the middle of night hungry and could not go back to sleep. Apparently, assuming I was only concerned about my weight issue he turned to my husband and smiled and said he should lock the bedroom door. (to keep me out of the kitchen). I hated the idea of him seeing me naked.

For my fibroid surgery I accidentally scheduled it on the first day of Aunt Jo's visit (menses). I had to stick a pad between my legs, otherwise naked. My surgeon was a woman but my anesthesiologist was Hollywood gorgeous/ Dr. McDreamy. I wanted to die of embarrassment!

Edited by Bon Appetit

Question how did you guys get so big?? I was 105 and 5'2" tall then got pregnant and got up to 175 but two months after the baby was born I was at 142.5 and then with diet and exercise 115. I have still not reached my goal of being 109 again.