Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite snacks ?

I'm not necessarily saying my faves are the best choices, but some things I enjoy on the go are a handful of cashews or almonds, a Quest bar (half of one), a slice of cheese, and sometimes a Premier Protein shake.< /p>

Good question. I kind of think my Snacks and meals cross over. I eat when I'm hungry, but since I don't eat large amounts, each "meal" could also be the same as what I eat for a snack. I just keep the portions reasonable. I find that preparing ahead of time and freezing some items, like crustless quiche is very helpful. I pack my lunch every day and will take string cheese, nuts, yogurt, cottage cheese, sliced organic apple with peanutbutter, bean salad, Protein shake (coffee or Peanut Butter are my favorites).

I agree. I consider Snacks the same as meals and vice versa. I'm just getting bored and want to get more creative. I eat nuts yogurt cheeses lunch meats. As a grab and go thing but I'm just so over it. I wanna make a meal and then eat it multiple times. I've tried the quiche or the egg muffins and after eating it more than once it makes me weird nauseous! But it always has so it's not a sleeve thing

I make a big pan of meatballs and package 2 or 3 (depending on size). Spoon a little low sugar marinara sauce on and top with mozzarella. I usually prepackage 2 or 3 servings and store the rest in sauce so my family can use it for spaghetti. I do the same thing with meatloaf or I'll dry brine a roasting chicken or turkey breast.

I agree. I consider Snacks the same as meals and vice versa. I'm just getting bored and want to get more creative. I eat nuts yogurt cheeses lunch meats. As a grab and go thing but I'm just so over it. I wanna make a meal and then eat it multiple times. I've tried the quiche or the egg muffins and after eating it more than once it makes me weird nauseous! But it always has so it's not a sleeve thing

@@NurseBec

On the go..Somedays its hard to sit down. I eat on the run.

I keep beef Jerky for a quick Protein snack. Some days I find myself eating it in my car on the way home from work.

It's not everyone's taste.I like Quest chips. I melt mozzarella on top of them in the microwave and dip them in salsa.

Google some bariatric friendly recipe sites for meal ideas. Here are a few.

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/bariatric-recipes/

http://insidekarenskitchen.com/bariatric-friendly-recipes/

I like to make some of the main course muffins from Emily bites. They aren't really muffins, they just use muffin tins to make small portions! I can usually eat 1/2-1 of a muffin and it keeps it interesting and easy to grab and low calorie. My favorites are the Thai peanut or Rueben.

http://www.emilybites.com/category/main-course-muffinscupcakes

I also like some flavors of the Quest chips, Quest or think thin Protein bars, premier Protein shakes, siggis yogurt, or Jerky.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Dashofpixiedust8

Jerky.< /p>

Hard boiled eggs.

Dill pickles.

100 calorie packs of nuts.

Baggie full of fresh kale. I kid you not....stuff tastes like butter.....and it probably freaks people out at stoplights looking over at my big arse stuffing a paw full of kale into my mouth and chewing until after the light turns green.

Jerky, cheese, Sonoma Creamery cheese "crackers" (it's baked cheese/quinoa thingie, 10 grams of Protein per serving, nice crunch), nuts, KIND bars (smoked Jalapeño my fave), cucumbers and hummus, tuna salad, turkey or ham smeared with mustard and rolled around cheese... new favorite is Premier vanilla blended with half a banana and powdered Peanut Butter. Delish.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App