Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not a doctor, but... (post-op diet progression)

I can imagine that you have saved someone's life with your post. Thank you for this.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for posting this! I 100% trust my surgeon and his instructions but I was starting to think he was just very conservative with his post op instructions. I have had my post op instructions in a binder since my first appointment. I knew exactly what was expected of me and I knew exactly how I was going to phase in sold food from liquids. I'm very happy to be under the care of a very capable, detail oriented physician. I guess that's why their practice is the only one I my insurance will use in the entire state.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm glad you posted this but it is an absolute waste.

It is like walking into a heroine den and talking to people about being clean. The people that are food addicts are lost causes, nothing is going to stop them from self harm.

It is like walking into a heroine den and talking to people about being clean. The people that are food addicts are lost causes, nothing is going to stop them from self harm.

I like to think there are people who just read and absorb, and don't get into the fray. I'm writing mostly for them. And from now on when this kind of post gets made, I'll link back to this one as my only comment and move along. LOL.

sent from mobile device

This post should be pinned somewhere and be a required must read for all pre surgery people. Well done.

Its worth it even if only one person listens.

Oh and worth posting everytime someone posts, 'I ate pizza after 3 days', 'I ate a hog roast on the way home from hospital;, 'I ate 5 packets of chips (crisps in the uk) on day 2 because I couldnt stand another day without chewing anything' types of posts.

Thanks to the OP :D

Excellent explanation. Hopefully it will prevent some people from risking their lives/health and a great guideline for those who don't seem to understand the protocol. It is not worth the risk.

-kate- are u serious? ppl are eating those foods few days after post op? that is dangerous!

Sent from my iPhone

Indeed.

@@theantichick

I really wish I could reach through my IPad and hug you!!!! I swear I could not stop shaking my head yes yes yes.....what she said!

Thank YOU so much for taking the time. It would be great if we copy and paste this everytime someone does something crazy their first few days, weeks post op.

I appreciate that you get it and are helping others!

@@theantichick A girl in my surgery group uses the baby analogy. I think it's perfec (as is every word you wrote). We are relearning our eating habits in our brains and our bodies are relearning how to deal with food. Thanks for posting. If you help one person, it's worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App