Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious to hear from those about a week post-op

I was sleeved 12/16/16. As of a week post op I really feel like I can drink Water without it being small sips and easily drink 8-12 oz in say 15-20 mins time with no problem. I'm also starting to be hungry with stomach growling daily. I seem to read how people can drink around 4 oz in an hour so I'm curious to hear from those a week out if they have seen in fairly big easing up on liquids going down quicker. I can even eat an entire yogurt cup diluted with milk in about 20 mins with no pain.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 5 weeks out as of tomorrow but as soon as I got out of the hospital I could easily drink all liquids without much restriction at all. I asked my doctor about it and all he said was I'm one of the lucky ones lol so I definitely have counted it as a blessing during the journey. I was so worried about liquids after surgery as I LOVE Water but I have had no problems at all with drinking since the first couple days after surgery

I had no problems getting liquids down at all since surgery. From the beginning, I was getting in over 64 oz a day. I just had to put up with a little bit of heartburn at times when I would drink.

Wow, that's impressive. Are you on anti-inflammatories? My stomach was too swollen to drink that much that soon. It took me at least 3-4 weeks to be able to partially gulp. I'm almost 5 months post-op, so now I'm able to gulp, but I have to belch soon after.

I had my sleeve a week ago and can drink well after the first few days. The blessing is I am not hungry.

I'm 5 days post-op, and I haven't had any trouble drinking either. I am starting to feel some hunger pains (probably because of all the delicious Christmas food around!), but I can usually make it go away by drinking a glass of Water.

I am a few days post op and all I can do is sip. If I start feeling uncomfortable I stop for awhile and resume once I feel better. I can't wait for this stage to be over. I'm not hungry but I want to eat something real. I'm just trying to be patient.

Hi there! I am 3 days post op - 12/22 - and today was very nice to wake up and be able to drink/sip without discomfort. It took me abt 1/2 hr to drink a shake that yesterday took me abt 2.5 just bc the feeling was horrible. I feel each day getting better and better though.