Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love GENEPRO! I mix it in crystal light. If you don't believe it has the 30 gram double up. If it makes you feel better. I love it because all the other Proteins make me nauseous . This mixes in and has no taste at all.

@scipuobabe - I really like the unjury chicken broth but I the unflavored is terrible! It clumps up and tastes very strongly of whey to me. Sounds like people are liking GENEPRO unflavored? (Despite how many grams of Protein it may or may not have). Any other unflavored favorites?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

"What makes GENEPRO so unique is that we are able to reduce the Protein molecule to half the size of normal Protein through a process called Electrophoresis. This is a reverse electrical polarity method of extracting pure protein. In essence we take protein molecules that, for reference, are the size of a baseball. We push these baseball sized protein molecules through a Polyacrylamide gel (the gel stays below 87 degrees F) and introduce electricity through the gel. This process removes hydrogen ions, allergens and any fillers or binders so we are able to then bind the protein with a strand of six amino acids called a Hexapeptide which stabilizes the molecular structure. This hexapeptide increases shelf life of the protein as well as balancing the bitter taste that is present with the protein after electrophoresis and actually gives the protein a slightly sweet undertone. The protein is pushed through a filtration system and into a centrifuge which results in a pure protein molecule that is now the size of a golf ball (for reference). You may not be able to fit 30 baseballs into a shoe box but you can fit 30 golf balls. Thus giving us the ability to get 30grams of protein in a 1TBS serving size."

I've read the same stuff.

They're not claiming that it's the same chemical structure. They're trying to explain in layman's terms how they're changing the chemical structure. They're describing stripping out everything but the protein chain and then binding the protein chain to less stuff but still stabilizing the protein chain and in the process making it more bioavailable. In trying to make it understandable to non scientists they've actually made their description not scientifically accurate. My scientist dad used to get driven crazy by this, he called it "simplification to the point of error".

I've read some other documents by the company, and it appears to me they're claiming that their process of refining the Proteins reduces allergens and makes more of the protein bioavailable and that's what they're basing the claim on. I've also read the outcomes from the clinical trial. While I think there are some basic flaws in the study design, my conclusion based on the raw data from the study (available at clinical trials dot gov) is that GENEPRO is as good as any other Protein powder. I have found it to be easier to mix in more foods at more temperatures than other brands, so I'll stick with it.

For me, it's like the question of which is better, a .380 or a 9mm? The answer is the one you'll actually carry. My 9mm is a much better weapon, but it's not concealable. My .380 is, so it's the one I'm more likely to actually have at hand. If another Protein Powder is better, but I won't use it because it's gritty or changes the texture too much, or won't dissolve well in hot liquids, is it really better?

"What makes GENEPRO so unique is that we are able to reduce the Protein molecule to half the size of normal Protein through a process called Electrophoresis. This is a reverse electrical polarity method of extracting pure protein. In essence we take protein molecules that, for reference, are the size of a baseball. We push these baseball sized protein molecules through a Polyacrylamide gel (the gel stays below 87 degrees F) and introduce electricity through the gel. This process removes hydrogen ions, allergens and any fillers or binders so we are able to then bind the protein with a strand of six amino acids called a Hexapeptide which stabilizes the molecular structure. This hexapeptide increases shelf life of the protein as well as balancing the bitter taste that is present with the protein after electrophoresis and actually gives the protein a slightly sweet undertone. The protein is pushed through a filtration system and into a centrifuge which results in a pure protein molecule that is now the size of a golf ball (for reference). You may not be able to fit 30 baseballs into a shoe box but you can fit 30 golf balls. Thus giving us the ability to get 30grams of protein in a 1TBS serving size."

They're not claiming that it's the same chemical structure. They're trying to explain in layman's terms how they're changing the chemical structure. They're describing stripping out everything but the protein chain and then binding the protein chain to less stuff but still stabilizing the protein chain and in the process making it more bioavailable. In trying to make it understandable to non scientists they've actually made their description not scientifically accurate. My scientist dad used to get driven crazy by this, he called it "simplification to the point of error".

I've read some other documents by the company, and it appears to me they're claiming that their process of refining the Proteins reduces allergens and makes more of the protein bioavailable and that's what they're basing the claim on. I've also read the outcomes from the clinical trial. While I think there are some basic flaws in the study design, my conclusion based on the raw data from the study (available at clinical trials dot gov) is that GENEPRO is as good as any other protein powder. I have found it to be easier to mix in more foods at more temperatures than other brands, so I'll stick with it.

For me, it's like the question of which is better, a .380 or a 9mm? The answer is the one you'll actually carry. My 9mm is a much better weapon, but it's not concealable. My .380 is, so it's the one I'm more likely to actually have at hand. If another protein powder is better, but I won't use it because it's gritty or changes the texture too much, or won't dissolve well in hot liquids, is it really better?

You've been paying attention to all my posts, haven't you? ;-) If given a choice between 9mm and .380, I always go with .45 ACP. :P Seriously, I appreciate the way you have laid it out. To continue the analogy, if this is the way they are going about it, they are really shooting themselves in the foot. I am not a scientist, but I am fairly well educated, and I know enough about chemistry and physics that when someone says they are shrinking molecules...

I am working real hard at getting my protein from natural food. I realize there will be some Protein shakes and bars in my life, but I am reducing them as much as possible, just because of some of the, uhhh, side effects (especially the bars). I don't gain or lose anything in the Genepro discussion, and that makes it easy to keep an open mind. Thank you.

@@LittleBill, I've loved all of your posts! The only .45 I've shot kicked like a beast, and I have weak wrists with arthritis, so I didn't enjoy it. I have a lovely 9mm Ruger that I love and is smooth as butter to fire, but it's only really concealable for a large guy with a shoulder rig and a jacket. I grew up in Alaska and live down in the hellfire that is Texas, so I'm pretty comfortable with guns and such. LOL.

And yes, I thought that the shrinking molecules was pretty crazy when I first read about it, but when you realize they're trying to explain a complicated chemical process on a 4th grade level, it tends to come across pretty Marvel-comic-like. LOL. Since they haven't been named in any of the Protein spiking lawsuits, they likely have some decent evidence that their stuff is on the level.

I've read some other documents by the company, and it appears to me they're claiming that their process of refining the Proteins reduces allergens and makes more of the protein bioavailable and that's what they're basing the claim on. I've also read the outcomes from the clinical trial. While I think there are some basic flaws in the study design, my conclusion based on the raw data from the study (available at clinical trials dot gov) is that GENEPRO is as good as any other Protein powder. I have found it to be easier to mix in more foods at more temperatures than other brands, so I'll stick with it.

For me, it's like the question of which is better, a .380 or a 9mm? The answer is the one you'll actually carry. My 9mm is a much better weapon, but it's not concealable. My .380 is, so it's the one I'm more likely to actually have at hand. If another protein powder is better, but I won't use it because it's gritty or changes the texture too much, or won't dissolve well in hot liquids, is it really better?

Exactly. I agree. That's why I use it too... Until I hear otherwise, I'm not changing. My blood work is perfect this past year so that's another reason. Also, I'm pretty sure they don't want to give out too much of their process details, not just to break it down in laymen's terms but also so other companies won't copy it. Maybe it's just simply denatured protein with the addition of Prohydrolase hehe. So even if they break the peptide bonds, and do change the structure, it still contains all the amino acids which our bodies still benefits nutritionally from (both through absorption and digestion).

P.S. That's so cool your dad is a scientist. My dad was a surgeon before he passed away, and I tried that route but ended up as a scientist instead. I kept passing out watching his surgeries :P.

@@theantichick @@Sai Okay, you two ladies have given me a lot to think about, and add to what I have learned. I am not above saying I was wrong about something if it turns out I was, and I am always willing to listen to new information.

As to that other thing, my problems tend in the other direction. There isn't a .380 out there where I can hit the broad side of a barn - from the inside. My paw is so enormous I carry an N frame revolver when I can, so a .45 is just a natural for me. :D Mrs. LittleBill has a very nice Kahr 9mm. It conceals very nicely for her. But you can't really go wrong with a Ruger.

I use GENEPRO because it works for me. I can't smell it or taste it and my labs have been fabulous so far. I only need my subset of 1 to be successful, so in my study, it's 100% effective :)

I use GENEPRO for the most unscientific and unsophisticated reason: I can waltz right in to GNC near my house and buy it. I don't have to wait for it in the mail. ;) I put it in EVERYTHING. Thank you very much for contributing to the conversation, @Sai. Wow, we've got an amazing array of peeps here on the forum. AND WOW, look at this conversation....people disagreeing in a civil and adult manner here on the BP forum. ***High fives all around*** Once again, @@LittleBill for Forum Dad.

I have been using it and I've been at goal for almost 2 years. I didn't like powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. In fact once I found GENEPRO I threw it away it was so bad. I use GENEPRO in my coffee every morning. It's my CYA in case I don't get enough Protein throughout the day. But I do try to always have Protein with every meal. I also add it to my old fashion oatmeal so that I am getting a balance of carbs and protein and I need the oatmeal to keep me regular :) I have also added it to pancake mix as sometimes I crave banana pancakes. So in order to equal out the carbs I mix in the protein and you can't even tell.

Good luck on your journey. I found a lot of useful information from this site along the way.

~LA

At this point I use GENEPRO to goose up my Protein levels if my daily Protein is low. I love it because other Proteins give me horrific digestive ... issues.