Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm freaking starving.

Can a special forum for Millennials be created so they don't get their feelings hurt here?

DS surgery 12/14/2016

With all the other sub forums here, it should not be hard. It could be called Gastric Sleeve for Millennials who need a Safe Space. :P

...with coloring books and puppies. There are some wonderful, smart and fun millennials out there. And then there are those people. Those people need either Spartan Man Camp or Big Girl Panties Seminar.

Okay... I'll be honest.. not really something I'm proud off but you know... I'm sure most of us been there

My two weeks will be Thurday and on Christmas night I snuck a tiny chicken wing that was part of a tiny oven stuffer lol... I wanted to test the waters and see what the pain might be like... you know to maybe help further deter me even touching solids until it was time for me to

So anyway... I made sure to take tiny tiny bites and to eat very slow let alone the fact that I had to chew for 3 and a half years and for the most part... it went down easy for the most part... stomach was a but hesitant but I had no issues... the amazing thing was that I was full! I took a generic GasX pill after for precaution and everything passed like it should

I planned to fully admit this to my team for my post op surgery appointment tomorrow.. I'm sure they gonna cuss me out

Everyone makes mistakes, but be careful you are half way there to eating solid foods again. Don't risk back tracking :)

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Goldenbarbie you go girl if some of these "bariatricpals " notice quote, unquote were on point with a lot of there supposed to do instructions they wouldn't be on this app asking others what to do I'm not shaming anyone because I am struggling with mine but I'm getting through but like you said most of us just starting out big as a house and trying to down size the best way we know how Dr-Patient has read all of our post hopefully and knows the struggle that we all are facing it's no need to try and be our doctors all the while we have our own and to continue to move to another thread and further more those who clicked like where is the compassion for us big girls see that it was my middle finger flying by yo face... keep it up golden Barbie your beautiful girl and it only gets better if you find something that you can tolerate one or two bites girl as long as it's soft as hell eat it because none of us eat enough to gain anything but possible gas from it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh and golden Barbie honey for Christmas I ate mashed up green Beans broccoli and cheese very soft mashed potatoes and a tiny piece of roasted turkey one bite of each chewed very well and I still lost 2 lbs so I know it sometimes won't hurt and everybody knows we can't do this everyday but he'll you won't know if you don't try no one said eat a half of a chicken lol even though we wouldn't possibly be able too just wont fit

Hey now, don't curse us all just because there's a few undesirable specimens amongst us!

I'm half Gen X, half millennial. The last generation to both play outside in the woods building forts, climbing trees, skinning knees on our BMXs but to also grow up with an NES and SNES in the house. We had the internet in 1994, but there was only like 200 websites on it (199 of which weren't suitable for the well under-18 Hammer_Down).

We learned penmanship as well as typing in school, and I graduated from university without owning a laptop (surely a dying breed when I was 22 in 2006).

My point: I know there's a lot of petty jackasses, but pretty pretty pretty please don't make me sit with them at lunch just because we're closer in age.

Goldenbarbie you go girl if some of these "bariatricpals " notice quote, unquote were on point with a lot of there supposed to do instructions they wouldn't be on this app asking others what to do I'm not shaming anyone because I am struggling with mine but I'm getting through but like you said most of us just starting out big as a house and trying to down size the best way we know how Dr-Patient has read all of our post hopefully and knows the struggle that we all are facing it's no need to try and be our doctors all the while we have our own and to continue to move to another thread and further more those who clicked like where is the compassion for us big girls see that it was my middle finger flying by yo face... keep it up golden Barbie your beautiful girl and it only gets better if you find something that you can tolerate one or two bites girl as long as it's soft as hell eat it because none of us eat enough to gain anything but possible gas from it.

Haha yes girlie thank you it's just a shame that when someone wants genuine help because they are not sure what to do they get put down and shamed instead. We all got these surgeries for different reasons and I found majority of these people's before and after pics..... they damn well know they shouldn't be talking sh*t. At all. Be humble and be kind to others because you never know who you're dealing with. People think it's ok to say things to others because they are behind a computer, cause they know they wouldn't in person. So if I have to be the one to humble them BEST BELIEVE I WILL LOL !

Edited by goldenbarbie

Hahahha thanks for your heart felt paragraphs ;)

Are you always so itchy or just to strangers on the internet who are taking the time to try to help you?

Hahahha thanks for your heart felt paragraphs ;)

Are you always so itchy or just to strangers on the internet who are taking the time to try to help you?

Do you always tolerate disrespect or just from strangers on the internet who ARE NOT being helpful, just rude? Oh ok.

Don't start seriously

I'm about 2 weeks post opp and I'm literally ready to eat. Like I can't take it anymore. Has anyone tried mashed potatoes or very soft mac & cheese in their early stages of being sleeved? I'm about to ask my surgeon what I can eat. Even if it's hummus I'll be pleased. I know it's mind over matter but I'm sick of chicken noodle Soup and applesauce. How did you guys cope with the cravings?

Hang in there... It does get better. If you didn't get a sample eating plan, let me know and I can share mine. There are other options for getting thru this stage. I purchased a lot from Bariatric Choice through Amazon & them directly. They have pre & post surgery approved foods with 15+ grams of Protein.

1 in 4 sleeve patients fail because they push thru the diet too soon. It does get better, but you have to think of it as food being a necessity to live, not fill voids. I don't want to hear that you're one of those failures by advancing your diet too soon. Call up surgeon's office to see if he has tips or a support group to help you get through this time.

By the way, hold off on Mac & Cheese... There are healthier options to get Protein & flavor in.

Original weight 291. Sleeved 11/18. Current weight 248. Goal 175.

Hang in there.

OMG! Me too...I am just ravenous most of the time.I am 4 weeks post op and able to have 2 ounces of Protein 2 x daily and 2 shakes but its in between that I get hungry.

OMG! Me too...I am just ravenous most of the time.I am 4 weeks post op and able to have 2 ounces of Protein 2 x daily and 2 shakes but its in between that I get hungry.

drink Water, brother, crystal light....I have to intake 90-110 oz a day, which means I will be drinking or eating almost all my waking hours. No time to get hungry

Favoredlife - yes please let me know about one of your sample plans or two that would be highly appreciated !

Also I did not even end up having a bite of the mashed potatoes or Mac & cheese not sure why but the smell of it actually made me feel a little sick when I was going to try it

Wow how do you guys get so much fluids in? I really try with the Water and it's hard

Buy the little Water flavor packs... that is the only way I can drink Water without feeling the urge to vomit every time. I'm 3 weeks and like 3 days out so I buy crystal light water flavor packs and I slice up a lemon in my 30 oz container and I definitely on it for hours.... it tastes great and it's refreshing. Try it n let me know.

Favoredlife - yes please let me know about one of your sample plans or two that would be highly appreciated !

Also I did not even end up having a bite of the mashed potatoes or Mac & cheese not sure why but the smell of it actually made me feel a little sick when I was going to try it

Wow how do you guys get so much fluids in? I really try with the water and it's hard

Edited by Dknal2