Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm freaking starving.

I'm about 2 weeks post opp and I'm literally ready to eat. Like I can't take it anymore. Has anyone tried mashed potatoes or very soft mac & cheese in their early stages of being sleeved? I'm about to ask my surgeon what I can eat. Even if it's hummus I'll be pleased. I know it's mind over matter but I'm sick of chicken noodle Soup and applesauce. How did you guys cope with the cravings?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Are you on a ppi? I didn't advance that fast but once I was on soft foods/mushies versus liquids, they were either low fat and Protein or Protein enhanced, e.g. fat free pudding with dried milk powder added to up the protein content so things like mac and cheese didn't make the list.

To cope with cravings, I made sure I followed the rules, drink at least 64 oz and no eating until at least 15 minutes after drinking and no drinking until at least 30-60 min after eating. That rigid structure took my mind off of things same with walking. I made sure I walked a few times a day, trying to go further each time. I guess the real answer is that I made sure I wasn't bored. In doing that, I realized that cravings weren't real. I mean I experienced them but if I was distracted, I forgot all about them.

Awesome. I'm 5 days out and I want all positive and good advice. I'm not making my Protein or Fluid amounts! 1-2 oz every 15 minutes or I'm in pain. If I get behind I'm never make it. Plus the Protein shakes are so sweet they are making me sick. Help. What else can I do on full liquids?

At 5 days, focus on liquids vs protein. Meaning if you fall short on one but can hit the other pick fluids. Keep at it, as the swells goes down, your capacity will slowly increase. Same with shakes, experiment with the brands, consistency, and temperature. Initially I had to thin shakes out with extra water; they were just too thick.

Awesome. I'm 5 days out and I want all positive and good advice. I'm not making my Protein or Fluid amounts! 1-2 oz every 15 minutes or I'm in pain. If I get behind I'm never make it. Plus the Protein shakes are so sweet they are making me sick. Help. What else can I do on full liquids?

Honestly you need to worry more about getting your liquids in at 5 days, I wish I did. I had to go to ER for dehydration. Try and get your liquids in! :) the tummy is healing so you can't get everything in from day one start slowly but surely you will soon get the liquid and protein amount in. Stay hydrated!!

I have been gone for a couple of days simply popping in and out and missed this rather interesting chain. I almost felt like I was back on my Jr. High School playground with the name calling.

Yes, I am over 50 too......so maybe that is why I found the name calling absolutely ridiculous. Lets hope that part of this post is over. Sometimes people read tone in these posts. I know this because i myself have done it but I have learned that if something really irritates me, that I take a break before responding. I reread the post and try to give the poster the benefit of the doubt. Then other times it is clear that a poster is trying to get some drama going.

At the end of the day this was about someone who was struggling with head hunger, which for me has never gone away. It is important to recognize it, give them advice on what can be done to settle it down and offer them support.

The only thing that works for me in regards to head hunger is distraction and sticking to a high Protein, lower carb, well balanced meal plan. It keeps you full longer and can get your head out of all the stuff that can slow or stop weight loss. I have even learned in the maintenance phase that if i give in to too many carbs, the head hunger really does get worse. Plus honestly eating alot of carbs makes me feel really crappy and I mean physically.

Name calling is absolutely not supportive. Let's not scare people away who need support.

Just my two cents......

You've made it this far, you can do it. How many more days until you are allowed mushies? Have you tried egg drop or miso Soup for a change? How about strained bean soup?

As @@Sai said above, you are still healing. Your good health is worth much more than a few bites of ANYTHING before your body is ready.

Chew some gum, brush your teeth, rinse with Listerine (the nastiest liquid on earth), use those nasty Listerine strips -- nothing tastes good after that. Helped me make it through for sure...

I have been gone for a couple of days simply popping in and out and missed this rather interesting chain. I almost felt like I was back on my Jr. High School playground with the name calling.

Yes, I am over 50 too......so maybe that is why I found the name calling absolutely ridiculous. Lets hope that part of this post is over. Sometimes people read tone in these posts. I know this because i myself have done it but I have learned that if something really irritates me, that I take a break before responding. I reread the post and try to give the poster the benefit of the doubt. Then other times it is clear that a poster is trying to get some drama going.

At the end of the day this was about someone who was struggling with head hunger, which for me has never gone away. It is important to recognize it, give them advice on what can be done to settle it down and offer them support.

The only thing that works for me in regards to head hunger is distraction and sticking to a high Protein, lower carb, well balanced meal plan. It keeps you full longer and can get your head out of all the stuff that can slow or stop weight loss. I have even learned in the maintenance phase that if i give in to too many carbs, the head hunger really does get worse. Plus honestly eating alot of carbs makes me feel really crappy and I mean physically.

Name calling is absolutely not supportive. Let's not scare people away who need support.

Just my two cents......

The very first post my "old ass" made to the OP, for the record. ;)

@@LipstickLady

I know, I read the whole thing. I was referring to the name calling that the OP started with. It is absolutely ridiculous.

The whole thing was just crazy and she would not stop.

@@LipstickLady

If your ass is old......I am not even sure what to call mine. LOL.... old and wrinkly....

post-237953-0-03743400-1482798656_thumb.jpg

Wish I could say it was as cute as these wrinkly little puppies...

@@LipstickLadyIf your ass is old......I am not even sure what to call mine. LOL.... old and wrinkly....attachicon.gifIMG_0644.JPGWish I could say it was as cute as these wrinkly little puppies...

Meh. I say we are pretty awesome for being elderly. I just registered for Zumba certification in January and I can't wait. I will, however, most likely to tie my saggy old tits up around my neck during class.