Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to eat ?

Ok im down 112 pounds had surgery in july, i ask my nutritionist what i should wat and all she tells me is i can eat what i want i hate to sound dumb but idk what that means im scared to mess up and i fear gaining all that weight back.

Sent from my LGMS330 using the BariatricPal App

I think most WLS patients have to watch what they eat for the rest of their lives. Do you track calories, carbs, Protein, fat, etc? Most people track on their phones and keep under a certain calorie/carb level.

Other than that you have to play with it. Some people can eat all things in moderation. Others eat almost no carbs. If you track you will be able to see which foods help you keep the weight off and which ones don't.

You have to kind of figure it out for yourself, because everyone is different. However you nutritionist should be able to give you a meal plan. If you are paying them, fire them, they are useless.

Most long term successful people eat low carb. I eat Keto. I use a calculator to set my macro requirements. I eat foods I like that fit my macros and the keto way of eating.

Once you are healed how you eat is up to you.

Still your nutritionist really makes me angry. They should be able to give you real suggestions. That is their job

Your nutritionist should give you some clear guidelines for maintenance. If they haven't ask.

Maintenance is not that much different from weight loss. I stick to my original diet and up my calories a few hundred by adding whole grains, more fresh fruit and veggies.

I still have a high Protein, lower carb fully balanced diet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches