Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Sleevers -- Let's Do This Together

I took and am taking my pain meds. I'm a real wimp. If I can avoid pain I do. So I'm a real wimp. I had my surgery 2/9. I took pain medication regularly while in hospital. So I wasn't in pain. But my tummy was and is tender. I was released from hospital yesterday. The nurse recommend having some pain med before leaving. Which I did. I tried not taking any after that. I'm worried about Constipation. Was released from hospital around 11:00 by 6 pm I had to take pain med. So my plan is to continue to take it today and try not to take it tomorrow. I was also on anti nausea meds while in hospital and I didn't experience any nausea. If you can tolerate medication I would highly recommend it. Why suffer if you don't have too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

Starting pre-op diet today for surgery on the 22nd in Mexico. Prepped all my food last night. Had some vivid food dreams that freaked me out and made me believe I had cheated before I even began the diet! It's going to be a long 10 days of that keeps happening!

What dr. In mexico ,I am searching for my 19 year old daughter who weighs 330 and has been seeing a surgeon for the past 5 months but now I have no insurance and looking for her to have it in.Mexico and nervous about it ,but its her only chance right now . Stay strong on your pre op you can do this :)

What dr. In Mexico ,I am searching for my 19 year old daughter who weighs 330 and has been seeing a surgeon for the past 5 months but now I have no insurance and looking for her to have it in.Mexico and nervous about it ,but its her only chance right now . Stay strong on your pre op you can do this [/img]

My surgeon is Dr. Alvarez of Endobariatric. He has successfully operated on over 10,500 people including teenagers (and his own mom!). He's twice as expensive as other Mexican surgeons but worth every dollar. Every patient loves him and he knows what he's doing. His complication rate is less than half a percent over 10,000 patients. That's unheard of! The only way I'm not totally losing my cool about my impending surgery is because I trust him 100%. He and his staff have been extremely transparent throughout the entire process leading up to my surgery and provided me with every resource including names and emails of post-op patients in my state willing to talk to me about their surgery and post-op lifestyle. Hearing firsthand from people that they have literally nothing but great things to say about Dr. A makes me confident I picked the best surgeon. Best of luck to you as you help your daughter make a decision!

My date is Feb. 23rd. Going to Mexico. Excited and somewhat nervous at the same time.

I'll be in Mexico for a surgery the same date!

Hi! I just need some support [emoji20] I'm a week away from surgery (February 21st), and I just got a call about the surgery getting posted because I haven't proved I'm ready. I can't stop crying. This is so frustrating. I am fully committed and I'm by the end of my first week of liquid diet. It feels like now I'm not sure what's going to happen. I really want and need this surgery, and I'm doing all I can to prove it. I gained some weight over the past six months, and that's what the doctor is concerned about. With only a week from surgery, I feel very sad and frustrated. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks for your support, I really need it

2 hours ago, anina said:

Hi! I just need some support emoji20.png I'm a week away from surgery (February 21st), and I just got a call about the surgery getting posted because I haven't proved I'm ready. I can't stop crying. This is so frustrating. I am fully committed and I'm by the end of my first week of liquid diet. It feels like now I'm not sure what's going to happen. I really want and need this surgery, and I'm doing all I can to prove it. I gained some weight over the past six months, and that's what the doctor is concerned about. With only a week from surgery, I feel very sad and frustrated. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks for your support, I really need it

That's so frustrating! I can't believe they postponed it after you'd already started your pre-op diet!!! The only reason I could see to do that is if you had told them you had cheated quite badly -- then it's a safety issue because your liver won't be healthy enough to move out of the way for the operation. Otherwise, if you're sticking to the pre-op diet -- which frankly is more difficult than healthy eating post-op -- they should be able to see you have the discipline and mindset it takes to be successful after surgery! Rhetorical question: What hoops have you had to jump through to get to this point? They obviously thought you were ready because they gave you a surgery date. As I was reading your post, I couldn't help but think the surgeon had a competing appointment (professional or personal) come up on his calendar for that day and he didn't want to tell you, so he made it all about you instead. There is no way some weight re-gain is the reason for postponing (and not canceling) your surgery. Surgeons understand that obese people have problems with their weight yo-yoing and that's exactly why we get this surgery in the first place! I am outraged with and for you, and while that may not be the type of support and comfort you need, please know I am here for you if you want to bitch and moan. Hopefully they will reschedule your surgery for sometime within a week of your original date if you are still on the liquid diet...and if you've already eaten solid food, I hope they schedule it really soon! Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you!