Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery is Tuesday 12/27 and I am a bit of a wreck

Hi all. I made my decision back in August, started the process in September and have been confident, prepared, and ready. Until this week that is when I joined another group on Facebook that had some unfortunate stories of complications. It has been a rough week of me second guessing my decision. I unfollowed that group because although I am well aware of the risks, I don't want them in the forefront of my mind a few days before surgery. Did anyone else have last minute concerns?

Good morning. Let me first say you absolutely made the right decision to unfollow that group. Shortly before my surgery (12/14) I started watching YouTube videos from people who had had the sleeve. A few videos started popping up in the playlist from people wth regrets. As curious as you may be, you can't watch them. Guard your head and your heart from any negative thoughts. What did help me was the forum of success stories in this app. I bombarded my mind with those and they gave me that extra little push I needed. I'll be praying for you that everything goes well from admission to the surgery to discharge and recovery. It can get scary if you let those doubts slide in but try your best to smother them with stories of success and joy. Hopefully that'll ease some of your worry. You're making an amazingly positive decision for yourself to get healthy. You're going to be fine!

VSG: 12/14/16; HW: 285; SW: 241; CW: 236

Well, as with reviews, the happiest people usually forget to post because they're are busy having fun. The dissatisfied customers on the other hand, fell the strong urge to voice their greviances when presented with platforms to do so.

Gastric sleeve is a major surgery. A few people go in with the mindset that it is a tonsillectomy.

Your body and mind will need time to adjust to the massive changes. By the time you realise it was worth it, you may also be too busy having fun.. ☺

All the best with your surgery

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

You well be fine enjoy this time and say goodbye to your old life and hello to your new life enjoy this christmas time and come Tuesday you will have a new start. After you heal and build up your energy you well be full of life i am coming up on my 1 year anniversary and do not regret my decision wish i would have done it sooner good luck and merryChristmas

juan phone

OK I'm going to give some survival info..... I was sleeved on 12/20 so I'm 3days post. I watched a million videos and no one talked about how to survive the gas. Go buy your self a self back ruber, the one made of rope with the little balls on it so that you can massage your own back. OMG seriously the gas was the only pain I had and it really wasn't pain it was just this annoying and nagging feeling that I could not cure. I did walk because it helps you feel better to move around, but I kept calling the nurse to come in and rub my back (I'm sure I got on her nerve)

Sent from my 2PYB2 using the BariatricPal App

I am also having my sleeve on 12/27 and refuse to watch anything negative right now. I have done the research, talked to others and made the decision here. we will be just fine.

Last minute concerns? Uhh, yeah. If you didn't have them about permanently modifying your body, then you have not been paying attention. But I knew why I was doing it. After it was done and I was up and walking around the floor of the hospital I have not looked back with regret once. I am fairly certain this would not be the case if I had that tattoo.

You've got this The surgery is short (I'm speaking of the sleeve). There are complications with ANY surgery. Heck, you can have complications from a root canal, botox or taking Tylenol even. give yourself a chance,