Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Dr. Fitzer at Virginia Bariatric?

38 minutes ago, obxshell89 said:

I am sure you will do just fine just remember to walk but also rest when you need it .

A lot of being uncomfortable is just from the gas that they fill you up with . The incisions really don't her but she will be bruised I had six incisions. Here is a before and after picture as well

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

WOW!!!!!! You look incredible!!!!! That is so motivating!!! And to know that you only take Vitamins now, instead of your other medicine- AMAZING!

Thanks so much! When people say this is the "easy way out" it is not in the least. You still have to eat right and exercise.

Make sure you take those Vitamins everyday. Your labs will show if your not. I've never missed a day. Its a part of healing I truly believe. They will also have you on 3 months of stomach meds to insure you don't get an ulcer. Finish all that. It's important.

I'm happy to stay in touch and help with whatever. my email is: obxshell89@gmail.com

1 hour ago, obxshell89 said:

Thanks so much! When people say this is the "easy way out" it is not in the least. You still have to eat right and exercise.

Make sure you take those Vitamins everyday. Your labs will show if your not. I've never missed a day. Its a part of healing I truly believe. They will also have you on 3 months of stomach meds to insure you don't get an ulcer. Finish all that. It's important.

I'm happy to stay in touch and help with whatever. my email is: obxshell89@gmail.com

I think it's awesome that you're so willing to share your journey, and I would love to have a "veteran" to talk through during my process! I'm sending you an email now just so you have my contact info! Thank you thank you thank you!

Hi everyone,

Im scheduled for surgery with Dr. Fitzer, I know im pulling up this thread from a while ago, but i was wondering if he required any one of you to do an endoscopy or sonogram before surgery? I am a self pay patient.

I feel lucky with my insurance too- only 3 months supervised diet (ended up being 5 sessions), psych eval, and EKG- 100% covered.

The only thing I'm super anxious about is the time immediately after the procedure. I don't have a high pain tolerance and I don't do well with anesthesia - BUT it'll totally be worth it!
My stats- 240 lbs, 5'6" hoping to be about 140 in 18 months [emoji4]

What insurance do you have that only requires 3 months? I have Capital BlueCross which I think is 3 months also.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone,

Im scheduled for surgery with Dr. Fitzer, I know im pulling up this thread from a while ago, but i was wondering if he required any one of you to do an endoscopy or sonogram before surgery? I am a self pay patient.

I have my first consultation with him Oct 6. Super excited. How has be been so far?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

It was pretty straight forward.. I already watched his pre-consult video and had very few questions....

I was just wondering if it was normal not to be required to do a sonogram or gastric endoscopy as he is not requiring it for me. Wondering if his previous patients have to do that.

Nope. I have insurance. My insurance co only required a psych exam. Dr Fitzer required an EKG. I had a 3 day pre op liquid diet and you have a 7 week post op diet to follow. Dr Fitzer will send u home with NO pain meds so be prepared. But after the 1st 10 days it gets better. Just walk walk walk and sip sip sip!! My stats: 240lbs 5’3

surgery was 3/21 - 6 mos ago. Im down 85 lbs and at my goal weight of 150lbs

Awesome. Thanks for the info obxshell!

How long did u take off total for re-cooperating? I was thinking of taking off a week and hoping thats enough....but since that he doesnt give pain meds im wondering if i should extend that... Im scheduled for the 18th.

I work from home so it wasnt bad for me but I think you will be fine with a week off. Not having pain meds is actually better. Keep moving and follow the green sheet and you will recover faster!