Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After care from Mx Surgery

Curious for those of you who had your Surgeries in Mx, who do you go to for after care? How do you do your after care? Or any issues arise? If your insurance doesn't cover what do do or who go to after care?

My insurance wouldn't pay so as far as I'm concerned it never happened. They don't need to know. I just go in for check ups and blood work and call it good.

My insurance wouldn't pay so as far as I'm concerned it never happened. They don't need to know. I just go in for check ups and blood work and call it good.

Where do you go for check ups and blood work? Your general practicioner?

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

My insurance has coverage for dietitian and psycologist. My plan is to make appointments with both, around the time I hit the mushy food stage. I would like to learn new coping mechanisms, and how to slowly change the whole family's eating habits.

I saw my PCP prior to surgery and she agreed to do my follow-up blood work orders and such. I saw her shortly after I got back from Mexico, at 2 months post-op, at 4 months post-op, and 8 months post-op, and at 12 months post-op. Now I just do my normal annual physicals.

All of my questions about medication, healing, and nutrition were handled by my surgical staff via email and phone calls. I had my surgery with Ariel Ortiz of Obesity Control Center and they have a full staff of people to offer post-op support. I am under the impression that the surgeons affiliated with BariatricPal offer similar post-op care. So just make sure that the surgeon you are using will be able to answer any and all of your follow-up questions and concerns.

Where do you go for check ups and blood work? Your general practicioner?

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Yes just my regular dr. I didn't tell my dr that I had it done either because I don't want it in my chart notes. None of their dang business.

Post-op Mexico?

I called the surgeon I was going to use in Oklahoma and asked if he would be willing to do my post op care. I told them I was going to Tijuana Mexico, working with BariatricPal Team MX, and having gastric bypass with Dr. Illan. I was told that they need surgeon's operative notes, as well as any other notes. I am already on a referral for him anyway, and they do pre- and post-op care. So after he sees those notes, plus my chest x-rays, pre-surgery blood labs, post-op leak test, and a video of my surgery, I'm confident that he will decide to take me on as a post-op patient. I will also contact my Dr. Illan and Bill and Stacy with any questions I have.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/379423-Post-op-Mexico%3F/page__view__findpost__p__4353692

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My hubby went to Mexico last June for his Sleeve. There are no follow-ups when you leave. They have their money and they are done with us. I had my surgery here in Oregon by a Bariatric Center With an EXCELLENCE Program for them and the Hospital I went too. I kind of FIRED him and started being seen in Portland Oregon at the OHSU Bariatric Center which I may add is an amazing program. Now when I go in for my normal blood work I just have them add the information that our Bariatric Dr wants and it gets faxed to OHSU. Luckily hubby hasn't had need of a Bariatric Dr. He goes thru the VA so they pretty much handle everything there. If he needed a DR for his Sleeve I know he can go to OHSU for follow ups. Most Dr's I have been told doesn't like to clean up after another surgeon but there are good ones out there that do!!!

My hubby went to Mexico last June for his Sleeve. There are no follow-ups when you leave. They have their money and they are done with us. I had my surgery here in Oregon by a Bariatric Center With an EXCELLENCE Program for them and the Hospital I went too. I kind of FIRED him and started being seen in Portland Oregon at the OHSU Bariatric Center which I may add is an amazing program. Now when I go in for my normal blood work I just have them add the information that our Bariatric Dr wants and it gets faxed to OHSU. Luckily hubby hasn't had need of a Bariatric Dr. He goes thru the VA so they pretty much handle everything there. If he needed a DR for his Sleeve I know he can go to OHSU for follow ups. Most Dr's I have been told doesn't like to clean up after another surgeon but there are good ones out there that do!!!

That's not true. It completely depends on which surgeon you use. I had my surgery in TJ, I am over two years post-op, and my surgical team STILL checks in with me regularly and will answer any concerns or questions I have immediately via phone or email.

That's not true. It completely depends on which surgeon you use. I had my surgery in TJ, I am over two years post-op, and my surgical team STILL checks in with me regularly and will answer any concerns or questions I have immediately via phone or email.

Who was your surgeon?

Who was your surgeon?

Ariel Ortiz at Obesity Control Center, but the surgeons affiliated with BariatricPal are supposed to offer a lot of follow-up care as well.

My hubby had Dr. Jose Rodriquez. And they didn't have anything to do with us after his surgery. BELITE did send us a Christmas Card and a magnet of measurements to use to cook with. Like I said it is good he hasn't needed any follow-ups.