Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day three at a loss...

Just don't know what to do with myself... restless, uncomfortable... tired but can't sleep mainly because I'm a tummy sleeper so last few days I've just dozed.

Dunno what's normal.

Feeling scared, regretful even.

Arghh...

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

That's pretty much normal. I bought a recliner prior to surgery because I knew I was going to have trouble sleeping since I'm a side sleeper. Even taking my pain meds, I'd only sleep a few hours at a time. Everyday it gets better.

The first week is the hardest. Hang in there!

Immediately after surgery it can be a little hard to sleep. Some people sleep on recliners for the first few days. I tend to sleep on my side. But as the weight dropped off, this became uncomfortable because it was almost bone on bone rubbing. I found that sleeping with a pillow between my legs helped.

Also I had one other problem that most patients do not have. I have slept on a Water bed for the last 40 years. It is comfortable but after surgery it felt like I was tearing my body apart whenever I got out of bed.

Hang tough....it does get better. I am almost 2 years post op and the quality of sleep has never been better!

Thanks for all these .. I have sat dozing all day just wish I felt interested in book or TV. But will find some patience!!!

I wasn't interested in anything much either the first week. I ate, drank, slept. I tried to watch movies, etc but would fall asleep. Your body is trying to recover from major surgery and sleeping is good.

It is absolutely normal to feel like this after major surgery. Try sleeping in a recliner if you have one or use pillows to prop yourself up while in bed.

I honestly dont know what I would have done without my adjustable bed. Now I have major plastics coming up and thankful that I have it yet again.

Things will get better! A lot of the feelings can be hormones as well but having had many major surgeries in my life.....the feeling down can really get overwhelming.

things will get better, give it some time and good luck to you!

Thanks for this. Managed to sleep half on my side and even though it was very busy broken sleep, I feel better for it. Also, being reminded it was major surgery helped: I've only previously had small day surgeries for tooth extraction and a gynae laparoscopy previously so needed to hear that. Significantly better this morning - just need to find time fillers now