Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey need some friends that can relate

I been banded since 2013 and it's been a struggle. I will drop weight the gain it back . I need friends that have had the same surgery so I can talk about and get what they think because people without the band just don't understand

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

i know for me i know when i do gain a few back it's because im eating the wrong things. chips, Cookies, ice cream... etc.

too many carbs.

when was the last time you went to the dr. for a band check up? What size band do you have and how much fill do you currently have in it? when you gain/lose what's going on in your life? Stress? How much do you exercise (be honest)?

I normally can put myself in check when i see im gaining a few. I know im not suppose too... but i weight or try to weight my self every am.

banded 11/10/09

I've had my band for 2 years and I've lost almost 110 lbs. Sometimes I fluxuate, but my weight has steadily, and most of the time slowly, come off. I'd re-evaluate what you are eating and if you are able to eat a full plate of food, you need it tightened.

I cut out white stuff and wheat to prevent regain. Watch out for drinks too...

Good luck,

Heather

Maintenance is never ending. Seems like a few cocktails or dessert will put me up and boy, I have to work for weeks to get it off. All relative ... 5 lbs extra vs almost 100 ten years ago

I was banded in 2013 and have lost 150 lbs. During this journey I've had a few gains. The highest at one point was near 15 pounds. I hate losing the weight over again so that keeps me motivated even if I'm not losing I work hard not to gain. I'm working on this last 20 pounds I want to lose. It's hard work

Same here. Banded in march 2013. Lost 70 in the first year and by now gained 50 back. After first year just stopped following the rules. Now going to try to get back into the groove. Used to be in Essex now in Passaic.

Same here. Banded in march 2013. Lost 70 in the first year and by now gained 50 back. After first year just stopped following the rules. Now going to try to get back into the groove. Used to be in Essex now in Passaic.

Made a mistake I was banded in 2012 not 2013

I have been banded for 10 years. Had the weight off for 8 years and then BAM, retired and last year of work was a nightmare with the boss from hell. I know, that is not an excuse, but here I am again trying to lose this 35-40 pounds gained from stress eating. Getting back on this website has helped me get my resolve to do this again and I hope that this helped you with knowing that we all slip one time or another and we can do this again. I believe that obesity is a disease like alcoholism, the only difference is that you can quit alcohol but you cannot totally give up food. We need to have control at all times and it is definitely HARD TO DO.

I also have gained and need to lose at least 30 lbs. life happens huh .

I been banded since 2013 and it's been a struggle. I will drop weight the gain it back . I need friends that have had the same surgery so I can talk about and get what they think because people without the band just don't understand

I can so relate ! I was banded 2012. I go to a weekly support group at my drs office that is very helpful. Although most have Sleeve now. There are a few banded people. I still get motivation, ideas and support. If you can find a group I highly recommend. This week someone talked about journaling their food. Haven’t done that in ages. I tried yesterday. It was eye opening. Hang in there. You are not alone !.

On 12/19/2016 at 2:58 AM, sharktank said:

Banded in 2011, lost 70 lbs, and that was it, stuck floating between the same +/- 10 lbs for years. Felt like a complete failure, stopped going to my surgeon unless I got really stuck or had major issues. Finally I had enough and decided to revise to the sleeve. I dragged myself in and sat down with my surgeon, but she advised that band to sleeve wasn't something she was comfortable with due to potential issues with the staple line going through the scar line from the band. She said I could go to another doctor, or I could do the bypass. I ended up opting for the bypass and it's the best thing I could have done. I honestly wish I did that from the jump.