Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 days post op and my stomach is still tender. Hurts to bend and if I sit up a certain way it feels like it's pulling and hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I hope you feel better soon. It hurts when I get up and walk because my stomach feels tender and also feels like it's being pulled. It's such a weird feeling. Makes me hunch over and have to hold my stomach when I walk. I girl a know that had hers the same day I did, went shopping for hours today and then came home and sat in the floor and wrapped Christmas gifts. I'm no where near ready for that I know everyones different but still

I'm 5 days post op and my stomach is still tender. Hurts to bend and if I sit up a certain way it feels like it's pulling and hurts.

I hope you feel better soon. It hurts when I get up and walk because my stomach feels tender and also feels like it's being pulled. It's such a weird feeling. Makes me hunch over and have to hold my stomach when I walk. I girl a know that had hers the same day I did, went shopping for hours today and then came home and sat in the floor and wrapped Christmas gifts. I'm no where near ready for that I know everyones different but still

Wow. That's crazy! I'm seeing a lot of people saying they have no pain. All I'm thinking is, "lucky you!" I went back to work after 6 days. It killed me. I should have taken longer off! Feel better!

Gasx and Codine are my new best friends. I also put a wrapped ice pack on my main incision...much better. We all will heal differently...and I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much love. I will have to try the ice pack technique. How are you feeling? I'll be praying for you! ❤️

Doing better. The ice packs are a constant comfort. Hope all is well with you!

you are not alone. I had mine done on Dec 14th and it feels like someone punched me in the stomach. thanks for starting this feed. its good to see that we aren't alone. i have to go to Dr. s tomorrow and have my list ready on what to ask him. Hope and prayers to you that you feel better soon :-)

Wow. That's crazy! I'm seeing a lot of people saying they have no pain. All I'm thinking is, "lucky you!" I went back to work after 6 days. It killed me. I should have taken longer off! Feel better!

Thank you! I hope you feel better soon too. I know a few people who had theirs the same day as me and they've been grocery shopping, going on walks, shopping ... I can't imagine doing any of that right now. I only get up to walk the house and go to the restroom, all while leaning forward and holding my stomach. It's not unbearable pain, just rly sore. I'm scared to stand up straight. I'm worried it will do something to my inside or outside incisions or mess with my pouch.

Gasx and Codine are my new best friends. I also put a wrapped ice pack on my main incision...much better. We all will heal differently...and I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Thank you so much love. I will have to try the ice pack technique. How are you feeling? I'll be praying for you! ❤️

Doing better. The ice packs are a constant comfort. Hope all is well with you!

I'm doing about the same. Maybe a little better today. So glad to hear you're doing better ❤️

you are not alone. I had mine done on Dec 14th and it feels like someone punched me in the stomach. thanks for starting this feed. its good to see that we aren't alone. i have to go to Dr. s tomorrow and have my list ready on what to ask him. Hope and prayers to you that you feel better soon :-)

If you think about is, please let me know what he says. I don't see my surgeon until Friday so I'll be worried for a while. That's how I feel. Like I've been beaten over and over again in the stomach. I'm so sore and tender. I hold my stomach and lean forward when I want. I carry most of my weight in my stomach which could have something to do with it, but I'm scared to stand up straight. I'm worried it would "break" something lol

Btw, thank you for the prayers. They're helping me get through. I will be praying for you daily as well ❤️

Edited by justabitunique

Thank you! I hope you feel better soon too. I know a few people who had theirs the same day as me and they've been grocery shopping, going on walks, shopping ... I can't imagine doing any of that right now. I only get up to walk the house and go to the restroom, all while leaning forward and holding my stomach. It's not unbearable pain, just rly sore. I'm scared to stand up straight. I'm worried it will do something to my inside or outside incisions or mess with my pouch.

See, I've been shopping and I started back to work Sunday. Wish I would have taken another week off but it's not paid. Lol. Almost day 8 and I'm starting to feel better.

I'm Post Op Day 6 and Gas X strips have become my new best friend! Also the hospital sent me home with an incentive spirometer. The more I used that the less tightness I felt in my chest. Walking helped as well. I hope your surgeon is able to give you some answers. Hang in there in the meantime! We're all going to get through this together!

Gas & swelling from surgery itself, im also 4 days post opp & pretty much back to normal, except extreme hunger

The first week is always the worst, I promise you each day is a LOT better than the last! Wednesday I'll be 3 weeks post op. I'm still struggling to a sore tummy, but that's about it.

Thank you! I'm glad you're starting to feel better! Best of luck on your new journey :)

I'm Post Op Day 6 and Gas X strips have become my new best friend! Also the hospital sent me home with an incentive spirometer. The more I used that the less tightness I felt in my chest. Walking helped as well. I hope your surgeon is able to give you some answers. Hang in there in the meantime! We're all going to get through this together!

Thank you! I've been using both of those as well :) you feeling better overall?

Everyone is different. I was sore for the first 2 days (body aches and major fatigue). I honestly felt as if I had been beaten; or close to what the flu feels like, lol. For about 3 weeks, it was very hard to swallow liquid. I couldn't gulp at all, and sometimes even the sips were too much. This happened so often that it was as if I had forgotten what normal felt like. Luckily, I didn't experience any nausea. I'm actually very surprised because I'm so prone to getting nauseous when I have a Migraine. So I thought it was odd that even major surgery couldn't make me feel sick to my stomach, lol. XD

Have you taken your B12 Vitamins yet? I'm not sure how I recovered so instantly... I remember coming home and sleeping in my mom's bed for hours (my room was occupied by a hyper Labrador retriever, and I wasn't in the mood to be jumped on, lol). I woke up a few hours later, and that's when the horrible body aches began. I was so sore and I was nearly convinced that I had a fever (but I didn't). So I sat down for a few minutes, drank some Powerade Zero, took a B12 Vitamin (these are my favorite http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_ec_779673801??hei=64&wid=64&qlt=50), and went back to sleep for another several hours. When I woke back up, the body aches were completely gone. I don't know if the B12 helped, but I was wondering how I could feel so awful, and then feel so much better just from taking a long nap.

I also felt sore in my chest area. I had a hiatal hernia fixed, so I think mine was a mix of swelling and costochondritis.

It could be any of these things: Costochondritis, trapped gas, swelling from the surgery, or a bruise on the muscle. Are you resting enough? You could also be overexerting yourself.

I am two weeks out yesterday, I went to the doctor for checkup today. I still have terrible pain on the left side under my main incision, it hurts when I move basically, when I walk or get in and out of bed, in and out of car etc. I asked the doctor about it and he said it's completely normal. He agreed with me that his higher bmi patients tend to have longer lasting pain from more fat pulling on their stitches in their muscles and explained to me that that's what my pain was, the stitches in the muscular layers still causing me pain. He told me " don't let the small incisions fool you, you had major abdominal surgery and you will be in pain for a while" and he said think of those incisions like you were in a knife fight and you got stabbed very deeply five times, it will take significant time to heal. So rest your fears the pain is normal. As for the people with no pain two days out, they were extremely lucky. But your pain is normal and does not indicate in any way that something is wrong.

Everyone is different. I was sore for the first 2 days (body aches and major fatigue). I honestly felt as if I had been beaten; or close to what the flu feels like, lol. For about 3 weeks, it was very hard to swallow liquid. I couldn't gulp at all, and sometimes even the sips were too much. This happened so often that it was as if I had forgotten what normal felt like. Luckily, I didn't experience any nausea. I'm actually very surprised because I'm so prone to getting nauseous when I have a Migraine. So I thought it was odd that even major surgery couldn't make me feel sick to my stomach, lol. XD

Have you taken your B12 Vitamins yet? I'm not sure how I recovered so instantly... I remember coming home and sleeping in my mom's bed for hours (my room was occupied by a hyper Labrador retriever, and I wasn't in the mood to be jumped on, lol). I woke up a few hours later, and that's when the horrible body aches began. I was so sore and I was nearly convinced that I had a fever (but I didn't). So I sat down for a few minutes, drank some Powerade Zero, took a B12 Vitamin (these are my favorite http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_ec_779673801??hei=64&wid=64&qlt=50), and went back to sleep for another several hours. When I woke back up, the body aches were completely gone. I don't know if the B12 helped, but I was wondering how I could feel so awful, and then feel so much better just from taking a long nap.

I also felt sore in my chest area. I had a hiatal hernia fixed, so I think mine was a mix of swelling and costochondritis.

It could be any of these things: Costochondritis, trapped gas, swelling from the surgery, or a bruise on the muscle. Are you resting enough? You could also be overexerting yourself.

Thank you for such a thorough comment. My body is still very achy as well. My shoulders, sides, back, everything lol. Thank God, I woke up today feeling quite a bit better than yesterday. I'm still sore, but not like I have been. I talked to my surgeon yesterday and he said it's just muscle soreness. I see him on Friday, so I can't wait to see what he has to say. I've been on a recliner since I got home from the hospital which has made it almost impossible to sleep. Last night I was able to lay at an uncomfortable angle on my back in bed lol but I finally got good rest!!

I am two weeks out yesterday, I went to the doctor for checkup today. I still have terrible pain on the left side under my main incision, it hurts when I move basically, when I walk or get in and out of bed, in and out of car etc. I asked the doctor about it and he said it's completely normal. He agreed with me that his higher bmi patients tend to have longer lasting pain from more fat pulling on their stitches in their muscles and explained to me that that's what my pain was, the stitches in the muscular layers still causing me pain. He told me " don't let the small incisions fool you, you had major abdominal surgery and you will be in pain for a while" and he said think of those incisions like you were in a knife fight and you got stabbed very deeply five times, it will take significant time to heal. So rest your fears the pain is normal. As for the people with no pain two days out, they were extremely lucky. But your pain is normal and does not indicate in any way that something is wrong.

I talked to my surgeon yesterday, and he said something similar as well. The day he saw me in the hospital, he said "how do you feel after I legally stabbed you 6 times?" Lol! Which is essentially what they do. I know, from the looks of the incisions, it seems like nothing major was done. I had a very high bmi and carry majority of my weight in my stomach. So it hangs and pulls at the muscles and incisions as well. I pray you feel better soon. ❤️❤️