Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 days post op and feel miserable. My stomach is tight and has lots of pressure. My chest hurts (maybe from gas idk) and I'm nauseous. Some people say this is normal because I just had a major surgery but then some say theyre already back to normal by now. So I'm getting scared :(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Call your surgeon, he will be able to answer all your questions and give you peace of mind

I'm 4 days post op as well. I am still sore, but my stomach is not tight. Are you walking? That helps to move the air and gas out. I haven't had any nausea. You may want to contact your surgeon just to be sure

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I'm 4 days post op too. GAS-X, GAS-X, GAS -x strips !!!! I think gas pain is worse that the incision sites. I've been walking as much as I can too. I had some nausea yesterday but that was because I didn't use my suppositories (hope that's not too much TMI). And gas pain can feel like it's everywhere, once you get that managed you might feel better. Of course, call your surgeon if you're scared. Hang in there, we've almost got this first week down! :)

Gas x and walk 5 mins every hour. I feel a discernible difference after walking

I'm 4 days post op as well. I am still sore, but my stomach is not tight. Are you walking? That helps to move the air and gas out. I haven't had any nausea. You may want to contact your surgeon just to be sure

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I just mean tight when I stand up because my stomach hangs so it feel like it's being pulled or tugged at, making it feel right. But yes I am walking quite a bit :)

I'm 4 days post op too. GAS-X, GAS-X, GAS -x strips !!!! I think gas pain is worse that the incision sites. I've been walking as much as I can too. I had some nausea yesterday but that was because I didn't use my suppositories (hope that's not too much TMI). And gas pain can feel like it's everywhere, once you get that managed you might feel better. Of course, call your surgeon if you're scared. Hang in there, we've almost got this first week down! :)

Thank you! I've been using the strips and walking quite a bit :) how much Protein and Water are you able to get in? I don't get nauseous often. I just sometimes get intense nausea out of no where for like 2-3 min and then it's gone. Is your chest sore at all? I have to hunch over when I walk because if I stand up straight, it pulls all the muscles in my stomach which are really sore. This may be what's made my stomach sore. Plus I've been dealing with a remaining cough from a cold I had like a month ago. Thanks for the motivation at the end! That made me smile and realize that we really are so close to a week out :) feel free to message me so that me can keep in touch !

Thank you! I've been using the strips and walking quite a bit :) how much Protein and Water are you able to get in? I don't get nauseous often. I just sometimes get intense nausea out of no where for like 2-3 min and then it's gone. Is your chest sore at all? I have to hunch over when I walk because if I stand up straight, it pulls all the muscles in my stomach which are really sore. This may be what's made my stomach sore. Plus I've been dealing with a remaining cough from a cold I had like a month ago. Thanks for the motivation at the end! That made me smile and realize that we really are so close to a week out :) feel free to message me so that me can keep in touch !

I'm 4 days post op and feel miserable. My stomach is tight and has lots of pressure. My chest hurts (maybe from gas idk) and I'm nauseous. Some people say this is normal because I just had a major surgery but then some say theyre already back to normal by now. So I'm getting scared :(

I felt pain up 3 weeks... never had nauseous maybe twice but were not bad

took me 2 mo to go back to " normal" but keep in mind lot of changes will comeup ...but belive me once you lose all weight symtoms that you have now will be just a bad dream

BariatricMatters

I felt pain up 3 weeks... never had nauseous maybe twice but were not bad

took me 2 mo to go back to " normal" but keep in mind lot of changes will comeup ...but belive me once you lose all weight symtoms that you have now will be just a bad dream

BariatricMatters

Ok thank you for your help. I hope I feel better soon!

I'm 5 days post op and my stomach is still tender. Hurts to bend and if I sit up a certain way it feels like it's pulling and hurts.

I hope you feel better soon. It hurts when I get up and walk because my stomach feels tender and also feels like it's being pulled. It's such a weird feeling. Makes me hunch over and have to hold my stomach when I walk. I girl a know that had hers the same day I did, went shopping for hours today and then came home and sat in the floor and wrapped Christmas gifts. I'm no where near ready for that I know everyones different but still

I'm 5 days post op and my stomach is still tender. Hurts to bend and if I sit up a certain way it feels like it's pulling and hurts.

I hope you feel better soon. It hurts when I get up and walk because my stomach feels tender and also feels like it's being pulled. It's such a weird feeling. Makes me hunch over and have to hold my stomach when I walk. I girl a know that had hers the same day I did, went shopping for hours today and then came home and sat in the floor and wrapped Christmas gifts. I'm no where near ready for that I know everyones different but still

Gasx and Codine are my new best friends. I also put a wrapped ice pack on my main incision...much better. We all will heal differently...and I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Gasx and Codine are my new best friends. I also put a wrapped ice pack on my main incision...much better. We all will heal differently...and I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much love. I will have to try the ice pack technique. How are you feeling? I'll be praying for you! ❤️

I was still fairly miserable with the CO2 and the intestinal gas 5-6 days out.

Sent from my SM-N910G using the BariatricPal App