Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calling all December 19th sleevers

Hi! How are ya doing on full liquids? What does your daily menu entail? I was excited yesterday I finally met my liquid and Protein intake but I feel like I maybe doing too much. Mind you when I drink my shake it takes over an hour before I finish the whole thing. I find myself with a Water bottle at all times. I am just curious what everyone is eating. 10 days post op down 11 lbs since surgery.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

My daily menu is nothing exciting. I usually have a Protein Shake and a half, and then something of the Soup variety for dinner. I've been digging light creamy Soups, because they have a lot of flavor. I don't think I've been doing 64 g and 64 ounces, but I've been doing about 50. That's what my doctor suggested. I have my 10 day postop tomorrow, and I'm probably going to be cleared for soft foods. I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When you have Soup how much do you usually have?

I can drink 8oz of broth now. Been primarily living on premier Protein shakes, broth with Protein added, G2 drink, crystal light. I've had yogurt once, still not something I actually like, and I've had cottage cheese and refried Beans with plain greek yogurt mixed in. On christmas I did have two spoons of mashed potatoes drenched in turkey juice and a shred of turkey that I chewed to death.

I also have chewed some string cheese into mush too. I know these things aren't on my current list, but I'm careful to not swallow anything until it's mush. My doctor said I could have a scrambled egg with cheese on day 10! whoohoo.. and if that goes well I could also try some fish. She seems to be less strict on the stages than I see in other programs.

Hi! How are ya doing on full liquids? What does your daily menu entail? I was excited yesterday I finally met my liquid and Protein intake but I feel like I maybe doing too much. Mind you when I drink my shake it takes over an hour before I finish the whole thing. I find myself with a Water bottle at all times. I am just curious what everyone is eating. 10 days post op down 11 lbs since surgery.

My daily menu is nothing exciting. I usually have a Protein Shake and a half, and then something of the Soup variety for dinner. I've been digging light creamy Soups, because they have a lot of flavor. I don't think I've been doing 64 g and 64 ounces, but I've been doing about 50. That's what my doctor suggested. I have my 10 day postop tomorrow, and I'm probably going to be cleared for soft foods. I can't wait!

When you have soup how much do you usually have?

I can drink 8oz of broth now. Been primarily living on Premier Protein shakes, broth with Protein added, G2 drink, crystal light. I've had yogurt once, still not something I actually like, and I've had cottage cheese and refried Beans with plain greek yogurt mixed in. On christmas I did have two spoons of mashed potatoes drenched in turkey juice and a shred of turkey that I chewed to death.

I also have chewed some string cheese into mush too. I know these things aren't on my current list, but I'm careful to not swallow anything until it's mush. My doctor said I could have a scrambled egg with cheese on day 10! whoohoo.. and if that goes well I could also try some fish. She seems to be less strict on the stages than I see in other programs.

My doctor seems to be a little less strict too, and I'm pretty excited about it. Supposed to get the OK tomorrow to move onto soft foods. I'm glad you didn't have any problems with those foods, makes me excited for tomorrow! Enjoy your scrambled egg!

I'm still having a hard time hitting 60+ grams of Protein per day. I seem to get to 50 okay, but the extra 10 is a challenge. Are you getting in all your protein and how much were you told to have per day?

good luck tomorrow baileymedlin24-keep me posted!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

You got it!

I'm still having a hard time hitting 60+ grams of Protein per day. I seem to get to 50 okay, but the extra 10 is a challenge. Are you getting in all your Protein and how much were you told to have per day?

I definitely have not been getting in 60 grams a day. My doctor said if I hit between 45 and 50 I'll be good. 64 is the "month" goal for me. I usually drink a protein shake and a half and that's it as far as protein.

I'm still having a hard time hitting 60+ grams of Protein per day. I seem to get to 50 okay, but the extra 10 is a challenge. Are you getting in all your protein and how much were you told to have per day?

I definitely have not been getting in 60 grams a day. My doctor said if I hit between 45 and 50 I'll be good. 64 is the "month" goal for me. I usually drink a Protein Shake and a half and that's it as far as protein.

Me too. I just got some Adkins Lift drinks that have 20g of protein. That has really helped. They have 3 flavors, but I've only tried the berry so far.

Hi all! Joining this thread late but my surgery was also on December 19th. I LOVED my surgeon and the hospital. It went great. Now that I'm home and still dealing with full liquids I'm not doing so great. So very tired of sweet drinks, and I hate Soup, always have. This has not been fun. Really looking forward to purees on the 2nd. Well, okay not really, I have problems with textures and pureed texture is one that makes me gag, but I can have mashed potatoes and unsweetened applesauce, so that'll be nice at least. :)

I'm still having a hard time hitting 60+ grams of Protein per day. I seem to get to 50 okay, but the extra 10 is a challenge. Are you getting in all your Protein and how much were you told to have per day?

I definitely have not been getting in 60 grams a day. My doctor said if I hit between 45 and 50 I'll be good. 64 is the "month" goal for me. I usually drink a protein shake and a half and that's it as far as protein.

Me too. I just got some Adkins Lift drinks that have 20g of protein. That has really helped. They have 3 flavors, but I've only tried the Berry so far.

I'll have to check those out! Thanks!

Hi all! Joining this thread late but my surgery was also on December 19th. I LOVED my surgeon and the hospital. It went great. Now that I'm home and still dealing with full liquids I'm not doing so great. So very tired of sweet drinks, and I hate Soup, always have. This has not been fun. Really looking forward to purees on the 2nd. Well, okay not really, I have problems with textures and pureed texture is one that makes me gag, but I can have mashed potatoes and unsweetened applesauce, so that'll be nice at least. :)

I'm sorry you're not having the easiest time. Hopefully the next few days fly by for you! Full liquids is tough, that's for sure.

Congrats to you all!! The 19th is my wonderful son's birthday and I am sure it's a good sign to have your surgery on such a great day!

Just checking in on everyone. Had my surgery on 12/19/2016. Started out 266, after 3 day clear liquid I lost down to 255 on the day of surgery I was 260. It has been 72 hours later, and I am down 10lbs already. I'm not hurting in any of my incision sites, my pain is my soar throats from the intubation. But I have been gargling with salt and it's just now feeling better. Nervous about getting on the scale to see where I am. I have decided to only weigh in once a week.

QUESTION: is anyone having trouble getting all of this Fluid in each day? I am supposed to start drinking at 8AM AND FINISH BY 8PM, but I get so full and can't consume everything The said to drink on the meal sheet. Any advice???

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1482388678.964117.jpg

Intubation? They stuck a tube fown your throat? I'm sorry i didn't know they had to do that? Is that normal?

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

Just checking in on everyone. Had my surgery on 12/19/2016. Started out 266, after 3 day clear liquid I lost down to 255 on the day of surgery I was 260. It has been 72 hours later, and I am down 10lbs already. I'm not hurting in any of my incision sites, my pain is my soar throats from the intubation. But I have been gargling with salt and it's just now feeling better. Nervous about getting on the scale to see where I am. I have decided to only weigh in once a week.

QUESTION: is anyone having trouble getting all of this Fluid in each day? I am supposed to start drinking at 8AM AND FINISH BY 8PM, but I get so full and can't consume everything The said to drink on the meal sheet. Any advice???

Intubation? They stuck a tube fown your throat? I'm sorry i didn't know they had to do that? Is that normal?

Yeah, completely normal. If you're under general anesthesia, you'll be intubated.

Yeah, completely normal. If you're under general anesthesia, you'll be intubated.

Thanks, i didn't realize that. That's scary. But i guess is necessary

Thanks, i didn't realize that. That's scary. But i guess is necessary

Yeah, it's not bad. You won't even know it was there, but you may have a sore throat for a while.