Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DR. Sherrod, Mark

Anyone have DR. Sherrod From Southwest Bariatrics, Texas?

Yes, he did my sleeve two weeks ago at St Davids. I've had the best experience with him, his staff and the staff at St Davids. He seems to be in a hurry all the time, but had no problem answering all my questions.

I'm scheduled to meet with Dr. Lough next month. The office people seem efficient. I just wish he had more appointments available in Round Rock. Do you see Dr. Sherrod in Austin or Round Rock?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

At the 38th st location in Austin. I'm from SM, and it takes about an hour to get there with the horrid i35 traffic.

At the 38th st location in Austin. I'm from SM, and it takes about an hour to get there with the horrid i35 traffic.

The 35 is horrible! I dread having to drive and park downtown; but I will do what I have to. Based on what you wrote, it looks like going through this group and hospital is worth it!

I will be going to the Austin location.

I'm scheduled to meet with Dr. Lough next month. The office people seem efficient. I just wish he had more appointments available in Round Rock. Do you see Dr. Sherrod in Austin or Round Rock?

The people at the office have been amazing. I have called so many times, they should know me well. LOL

So was the process with Dr. Sherrods office a smooth one? I see that you are self pay, I am insurance. How many visits did you have with him before your surgery? I have to drive about 1.5 hours one way. And t I35 is a terrible drive. I have my psych eval tomorrow, and my consult with him on the 16th of Jan. I just want it all to hurry up and be done. How have you been doing since the surgery?

So was the process with Dr. Sherrods office a smooth one? I see that you are self pay, I am insurance. How many visits did you have with him before your surgery? I have to drive about 1.5 hours one way. And t I35 is a terrible drive. I have my psych eval tomorrow, and my consult with him on the 16th of Jan. I just want it all to hurry up and be done. How have you been doing since the surgery?

Extremely smooth. I had my initial consult with Dr. Sherrod and met with the nutritionist and exercise physiologist at the same time. Long appointment, but knocked it all out in one go. I was then given a list of all my pre-op requirements (psych, blood work, cardiologist) and told once they are complete, call to schedule pre-op appt. with doctor Sherrod. In all I saw Dr. Sherrod twice before surgery then my two week post-op appt. I'm now scheduled to see him in three months. Also know, he's not big on invasive testing and procedures. He doesn't do drains nor does he test for leaks after surgery. He also wants you in and out of the hospital as soon as possible. My surgery was at 9am and I was out by 1pm. That was the plan all along because I'm self pay and he didn't want me to rack up unnecessary hospital bills. If I had any complications or just not doing well after surgery, I would have stayed but luckily, everything went as smoothly as it could have.

No leak tests? Really? Did he say why he didn't do those?

I like the thought of not staying long...My Nurtri/Exec class is that following monday. I

No leak tests? Really? Did he say why he didn't do those?

I like the thought of not staying long...My Nurtri/Exec class is that following monday. I

Studies show that watching for symptoms like fever and tachycardia are better indicators of a leak than a leak test. He said that most patients don't have leaks until they are home from the hospital anyway.

Dr. Sherrod did my gb/RNY April 11,2016.
I'm happy. HE'S happy.
I'm 57,diabetic, lost about 150 lbs and off ALL Rx except occasionally a half of restless leg pill. Which Dr Sherrod didn't expect due to my age, how long I'd been on lantus injections, and on some diabetic Rx for almost 20 years and lifelong fat boy.
GP recommended the sleeve, Dr Sherrod recommended the GB/RNY. that's what I had.
I live about 100 miles west and north of the hospital (St David's, where I was born).
Only complaint is i woke up from the surgery and my tailbone/butt hurt. Still does if i sit long. They put pillows under me, but it's 54 weeks later and still hurts. I don't want to dwell on that.
My belly itched for a couple of months.
Does anyone remember WHY we're not supposed to drink 5 minutes before and 30-45 minutes after a meal?
I asked the nurse once and she said to avoid dumping syndrome, which I've never had... If anything I'm plugged up.
I'm happy with Dr Sherrod.

BigBuc,

You're not suppose to drink so close to before eating because the fluids fill you up and you won't be able to eat as much. After eating, the Fluid will wash solid food into your intestines too quickly.

I'm doing pretty well especially since I resolved a couple of issues. I was having problems with too much air in my stomach. As soon as I quit taking the acid reducer that stopped happening. I was also having a real problem with daily diarrhea. Low and behold, I'm now lactose intolerant. Cut out my morning half and half and now I'm fine. cheese doesn't seem to bother me. That also helps me to not eat my favorite slider food - ice cream!