Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I needed very little pain medication. I also have no memory of gas pains. I had severe nausea but the doctors and nurses helped manage it. Honestly this was the easiest surgery I have ever had. Sip and walk as much as possible. I am 8 weeks out and down 45 pounds.

I wish you the best!

This was super soothing! Thank you .. good luck with your success!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You'll do great...trust me time will fly past and you'll be posting at one month out! I wish health and peace of mind/spirit!

You'll do great...trust me time will fly past and you'll be posting at one month out! I wish health and peace of mind/spirit!

I had mine yesterday!!

I'm anxious to hear how your surgery went! Mine is scheduled for January 17.

Wow! Reading all this makes me feel a lot better... My surgery is this coming Thursday (12/23). I'm so excited, but starting to get nervous, too.

I had mine yesterday!!

It wasn't as bad as I had imagined! I was having chest pains in recovery when I woke up and they did an ekg and it was fine, was just gas. I honestly don't really remember it though. All of the memories are vague, blurry pictures. I'm still sore, it hurts a bit to sip on anything. You will learn what size sip is perfect for you. Best of luck and keep me updated!

wish you a smooth and speedy recovery! Just remember to walk and sip , walk and sip. That is what they drill into our heads at the classes my Surgeons group offers.

wish you a smooth and speedy recovery! Just remember to walk and sip , walk and sip. That is what they drill into our heads at the classes my Surgeons group offers.

Thank you! That's what I've been doing. It's difficult to walk though. It feels like my stomach is pulling and it's very tender. Plus the gas is still getting to me and hurting my chest. I have to walk hunched over and hold my stomach when I walk.

Thank you! That's what I've been doing. It's difficult to walk though. It feels like my stomach is pulling and it's very tender. Plus the gas is still getting to me and hurting my chest. I have to walk hunched over and hold my stomach when I walk.

Did the hospital give you the Bari bear? its a stuffed animal mine gave us so we can put over our stomach when we cough .. getup.. and even walk .. if not that is a okay.. use a firm pillow!

Did the hospital give you the Bari bear? its a stuffed animal mine gave us so we can put over our stomach when we cough .. getup.. and even walk .. if not that is a okay.. use a firm pillow!

No they didn't, I've just been using a regular pillow for that. That's such a cute idea though! I'm walking every 2-4 hours a few laps around the house. I'm seeing that other people are already out shopping and feel fine again by day 5 and I'm not to that point yet at all so it sort of worried me. I know we all heal differently but...

I had mine yesterday!!

The actual surgery itself went really well. I was apparently in a lot of pain in recovery but I don't remember it much. Since then, the gas pain is getting to me and when I walk, the muscles in my stomach pull and my biggest incision hurts. Overall I'm just very weak and tired. If I'm not walking or sipping, I'm sleeping. Keep me updated on how yours goes!!! Not too far from now :)

I had mine yesterday!!

The actual surgery itself went really well. I was apparently in a lot of pain in recovery but I don't remember it much. Since then, the gas pain is getting to me and when I walk, the muscles in my stomach pull and my biggest incision hurts. Overall I'm just very weak and tired. If I'm not walking or sipping, I'm sleeping. Keep me updated on how yours goes!!! Not too far from now :)

Haha I didn't even realize I already answered this. You can tell I'm loopy lol

No they didn't, I've just been using a regular pillow for that. That's such a cute idea though! I'm walking every 2-4 hours a few laps around the house. I'm seeing that other people are already out shopping and feel fine again by day 5 and I'm not to that point yet at all so it sort of worried me. I know we all heal differently but...

Everyone is different! People i work with came back after 2 weeks and i'm over here thinking.." should i ask the doctor for another week?" I had my surgery on a Monday and went to run errands with my mom on that Saturday.. i was beat halfway through. Just do what you can and you will see this pain will go away.

Everyone is different! People i work with came back after 2 weeks and i'm over here thinking.." should i ask the doctor for another week?" I had my surgery on a Monday and went to run errands with my mom on that Saturday.. i was beat halfway through. Just do what you can and you will see this pain will go away.

I couldn't imagine getting in the car and going somewhere right now. My stomach is way too sensitive. Good luck on your journey!!