Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you replace food with?

Alcohol.. but after hitting rock bottom, I slapped myself around a bit then stopped.

I wish I could have a drink every now and again but I cant.

For me its better that it's never.

Kate

My house is REALLY clean lately.

Sleeve date: 21 Nov 2016

Height: 4'10"

SW:190

GW: 125

I was sleeved 11/22 and started at 183 my goal weight is 125 - we got this!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the BariatricPal App

I'm still cooking just much healthier ????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the BariatricPal App

@@SlimJill - talk to your doctor about this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3697760/ Naltesone seems to help with compulsive behaviors. If you use it for a season to get on stable ground, when you get off of it, try to add in some positive things like sex, exercise etc.

I also suggest this book: https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-First-Aid-Kit-Practical/dp/0976852659/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481661627&sr=8-1&keywords=the+emotional+first+aid. I worked through it before my surgery, but it still works on the other side. The danger is without a positive alternative, it is easy to transfer addictions to something negative. (drugs, alcohol, gambling)

I'm not suggesting the struggle is easy, but the battle is one you can win.

I replaced food with shopping. Somehow in the last 18 months or so, I've managed to buy myself an entirely new wardrobe. When I used to sit at home and eat, now I find that I go shopping. Although it does tend to serve as a stress reliever, it is also a nice reinforcement for me in that fitting into clothing in the size I wear makes all of the difficulty of the process that got me to that point worthwhile. While I imagine there were more budget-friendly ways to replace food, I suppose we all spend money on something, and for me that is what I have found to be the result.

Everybody's got to have a hobby, right? You're gonna wear Mrs. LittleBill out :)

Everyone's response to this question is so positive and uplifting. Come on...someone had to replace the food with smoking, gambling or drinking. Just kidding (sort of.)

I used to smoke. I quit and promptly gained 70 pounds. I just replaced one addiction with another. Getting sleeved January 17 and so hopeful that I won't find another addiction to replace this one. I get what you are going through. It's tough.

When I started out, the doc said I had to quit smoking (my pipe and cigars), quit drinking (bourbon), and quit eating (food). I asked, "What's left!?!" So now I spend more time chasing Mrs. LittleBill around. Hey, at least it's exercise.

Edited by RunningWithScissors

Green tea. I used to enjoy green tea with chocolates before too so now I just have it with dry dates or raisins. It takes care of the sweet tooth as well as the Fiber intake situation..

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App