Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Premier Protein question

I finally ordered Premier Protein from Amazon -- it's been impossible to find at the local Walmart. For those of you who are Premier fans, do you use it in coffee or coffee-based drinks? (Like a caramel latte, for example, with the caramel flavor.) Looking for suggestions, thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I enjoy the vanilla. I poured some in my coffe just last week. I was pleasantly suprised. I ordered Caramel extract off Amazon today. Im going to try that with the vanilla PP this week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

I could them also at Sam's but it has been hard to find the Carmel..I ordered from Amazon also for it..do t know about the add to coffee..not a coffee DRI ker.but you are eight..after surgery it has been difficult to drink..ughhhhhh..

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

These are the only shakes I like and for the Protein and low calorie "price", they can't be beat (IMHO). I order them through Amazon. I started with chocolate. Then tried the tri-pack of Vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. Overall I (and most people from what I read) like chocolate the best. When I need a change, I use Vanilla. Not crazy about the strawberry flavor.

Then I saw they added caramel. Tastes more like butterscotch to me but I still like it. Around that time, I read about mixing the flavors for variety. So I started mixing caramel with vanilla, strawberry with chocolate. Still not thrilled with the strawberry. And now I see banana. Haven't tried it yet because I found it post-op (see below for what is going on now.)

Pre-op, I lived on these for Breakfast even before my 2-weeks of liquids. Those two weeks before my surgery, Premier shakes became unch and dinner too. FYI, when it was just Breakfast, I lost about 5 or 6 pounds in two months. When I did the 2-week liquid diet with them (although I cheated a little), I lost 6 pounds in those two weeks. (And I have to add that pre-op I was a very very slow loser every since my teenage years.)

Post-op, I used them at the beginning when I was on liquids and purees. Once I got to soft foods, I drink maybe 1/2 a container a day if that. Time to try mixing them into coffee, blending them together etc, because I am paranoid about getting enough Protein and losing my hair if I don't.

Also, I am back at work but from home. Once I am on the go again, I'll be bringing at least one a day because they are my go-to when I don't have time to eat.

Genius!

I poured half a caramel Premier into a cup of black coffee today. Was delish. Like a caramel latte, sans guilt. I'll give the PB powder a whirl in a chocolate shake tomorrow.

I mixed some powdered Peanut Butter with my vanilla, it tasted like peanut brittle. I was pleasantly surprised

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I've added PB2 to both vanilla and chocolate. My morning fix most days is the chocolate with a shot of Decaf espresso. It is like having a mocha. I have also done the vanilla with some pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and some cream cheese for a pumpkin pie flavour

I ordered Caramel extract off Amazon today. Im going to try that with the vanilla PP this week.

I am anxious to hear which one you ordered and how that is going. I may want to try the same thing. I am so sick of artificial sweeteners and the same shakes so started making my own with a Garden of Life brand, but Im missing the flavor. Thinking of going to a local gourmet store to find some flavors to try too.

I drink them just the way they are. For me I use 1 per day as my Breakfast. chocolate is my favorite and really the only one I buy.

i buy them at costco and about every 3 months or so they go on sale for 5.00 off per case.