Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op and confused

I had my sleeve done Wednesday.. I was on a 2 week liquid diet and occasionally lean mean at dinner. I didn't cheat once.. I made it through thanksgiving and all the leftovers without touching anything.

I'm not hungry and I recognize it's just head hunger and cravings but im just so sad because I'm just mourning all my past habits, I suppose. I see foods in tv or commercials and just crave it. I guess you can say I'm in the regret stage of it all. I think once I can move on to at least full liquids and keep progressing I'll feel better. I'm hoping...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You're not alone. I'm 5 weeks post op and had the exact same feelings! I didn't realize how mentally challenging this process was going to be. I knew I was an emotional eater, but I didn't realize how much I associated comfort with taking a big bite of food.

It's starting to get easier now that I can eat real food again. I just keep thinking how in a couple of months we'll be saying "it was the best decision I ever made" like so many other sleevers! Hang in there, it does get better!

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Oh and if it makes you feel better, when I was 4 days out I cried because someone posted a picture of nachos on Facebook. Lol Our bodies are adjusting to a drastic change so I imagine it will take some time for our brains to catch up!

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Every day should be better for you and before you know it you will be having healthy meals, just smaller than you had before. It will seem like forever right now but just hang in there!!

Sick to the plan and drink as much fluids that you can and congratulations on the surgery !!

Keep posting so we know how you are okay :)

This is much more of a mental game than a physical one. The best thing you can do right now is power through. The early days and weeks are the worst. Once you get through the food stages, it gets better, but it is always going to be a mental battle.

Grit and perseverance is what wins this race. Good luck!

@@Ewants2shrink relieved to know this is part of the process. And oh my gosh I totally feel you with the tears my mom came in before and asked if I was okay because I seem down and I'm just like wellll I just went to the grocery stall with all you and it was torture so right now I need to be alone Hahahah excited to have even just an egg!

@-kate_ @@blizair09 thanks so much :) definitely sticking to the plan and power through. I know it'll all fall into place and I'll get into a routine

I'm on the same boat. I was finally discharged last evening. My belly feels worst at home. I even weighed myself and looks I gain 2 pounds. My daughter said it's the Water from the IV. Very painful drinking broth. How's everyone with the weight and the drinking?

It hurts so much but I'm drinking slow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

@@sleeveisa yeah I had to make a deal with myself that I'll only be weighed at the doctors because otherwise I'll obsess over it which ends up sabotaging me every time lol but my surgeon said definitely not to weigh yourself after the hospital because you we most likely weigh more then started because of the fluids.

Thankfully I've had a smooth recovery and no problems getting liquids in... I suggest ice chips. I think it's honestly how I'm keeping so hydrated because I get the chewing sensation and wait for it to melt to swallow and I have like 4 full cups of ice chips a day! Lol so maybe try that out!

Just keep taking it slow:) keep me posted!

I'm just about 3 months out. I teared up and felt very saf at dinners last week and this week. I just want to eat a meal. My stomach is being fickle so I'm taking it easy. I know this temporary and as I heal, I will tolerate more. I know in the long run, I will be better for this life change. I'm going for a radical change in hair style in a few days to perk me up. I love changing up my style so I am looking forward to it!

It gets better soon, I promise! Quit watching regular tv. Watch Netflix or youtube instead. Those commercials are evil! As far as the egg goes... Heaven on earth was an egg with havarti and hot sauce!

Cheddar still doesn't go down easy.

At Thanksgiving 1 week out 2 dinners. Looked at the way people were eating and I reminded myself...I once ate like that. The smell of the food made me nauseous. Self talk and remembering where you came from and the effort required will help you refuse cravings. I test myself everyday looking at foods once ate and how unhealthy they were. I am now 20lbs lighter and have no regrets.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Oh the brain is the strongest muscle we have... It can destroy your goals or fuel them. But YES this journey is as much mental as it's physical.

You are in a mourning stage. It WILL be better... YOUR brain is just realizing the change in lifestyle is serious now.

Keep busy write Christmas cards write a journal... But don't sabotage yourself... Its only hurting you!!you can do this. This is what you have prepared for.

The 3rd day after my surgery my dear brother decided to throw a family Barbecue because several of my loved ones wanted to visit me in the hospital and as custom we Celebrate we eat we cry we eat we lose a loved one we eat so he planned a Mexican Carne Asada... I was so upset... I cried as I poured my broth. I couldn't be outside of my room the smell of the meat on the grill was too much to handle. I asked my mom...why did he do that?? I asked for strength and joined my company outside... As everyone was eating their food I was sipping on bland chicken broth...2 ounces.