Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Week pre-op diet

I have my 2 week pre-opt diet starting on this Monday the 12th, and i would like some advise to what you all ate and did. Thanks!

I think you'll find a lot of variation - and some people aren't required to do a pre-op diet at all! I had to do two weeks of just Protein shakes (I think 4-5 a day) plus unlimited no- (or very low) calorie Clear Liquids. Water, Crystal Light, broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello

Yes, I think that it will definitely vary from person to person, because some people's pre-op diet consists of liquids only, some are allowed to eat food.

On my 2 week pre-op diet, I was allowed to eat food. I had to have smaller portions of everything that I ate, no starches at all, only chicken or fish and it was always a smaller portion (2-3 oz). No fats and also had to wean myself off of caffeine and carbonation.

I usually wound up doing fat free/sugar free oatmeal for Breakfast, a salad for lunch with chicken on it (about 1 cup salad) and 2-3 oz chicken. A no-fat Salad Dressing. For dinner I usually did a 2-3 oz fish or chicken portion, with 1 cup of cooked non-starchy vegetables. I was also allowed a little bit of fruit.< /p>

So that was my 2 week pre op diet. But then the day before surgery, it was a clear liquid diet only.

As was said before everyone's Surgeon has their own guidelines to follow. My Preop diet was 2 weeks of Protein drinks and my Postop was 4 weeks of Protein Drinks.

Thank you so much guys!!!

When I had my band I had to follow the sugar busters plan. It was a high Protein low carb diet but food was allowed. Now that I'm getting ready for a revision to a DS I'm on one week of two shakes a day, two snack bars a day, and one lean Protein with veggies meal per day. Next week is five shakes per day. Total of two week pre-op diet.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Been just over one week in on this and lost 20lbs already, did per-op yesterday at the hospital.....one week to go folks!!!!!!

I'm on my pre-op diet and I can have shakes and one small meal a day of lean Protein and veggies. Today I had grilled chicken on a salad with salsa as my dressing. Yesterday I had chicken meatballs with roasted peppers and onions, let's see I also did a taco Soup with ground turkey, tomatoes, onions and Beans. Basically I have taken my typical dinners and reduced the portions and cut out the carbs and fats as much as I can. Good luck with your last week

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

DS

Mike, keep us posted. Mine will be on january! Good luck! ;-)

Will do, thanks!!