Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought I'd check in. Had my year appointment last month and everything went terrific! I'm now down to 247 with a (doctor's) goal of 209.

I'm fixing to be back at work as a teacher, and will be going for my Masters in Counseling as well. I've had way too many life experiences not to be able to help out a few.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/27/2017 at 4:46 PM, Sherrie Scharbrough said:

Thomas and wynellgray, My hubby weighed over 500#'s. Way back 17 years ago. He presued WLS back in 2000. His Surgeon convinced him that he needed the Lap Band. He lost 100#'s but had nothing but problems with it. In Sept 2013 he went in for a revision to the RNY. The band had eroded into his Liver so they removed his band and gallbladder then told him in 3 months after he healed they would do his RNY. He ended up with abcesses and was deathly sick for 9 months. (3 of them he doesn't even remember!! So after that he found out he has Cancer in his Kidney (which Tuesday he goes in for a ebalsion to kill the Cancer. He weighed to much for them to do anything, this was a huge reason that he needed to lose more weight. Fast forward to June of 2016. We went to Mexico and again they gtried to do the RNY not happening!! His total eft side was solid scar tissue!! So he got the Sleeve!! Now he has lost 135#'s. We are so excited!! Like I said earlier he gets his Cancer zapped like popcorn in the microwave. LOL That is what his Dr said. thought it was a great metaphor. Any how I wanted to share some of his walks in the fast lane. Both of you KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!

what a great time and place to randomly launch into the details of your husband's ordeal. unasked, in the middle of Thomas's thread about his amazing success. :1312_thumbsup_tone3:

2 hours ago, Sherrie Scharbrough said:

WOW!!!! What bur climbed under your big boys undies? Have a good day!! I'm sure you don't have much to do but sit around looking for something to put your opinion on.

no, i've just noticed that no matter what or who the particular thread is about, you almost always start talking about either yourself or your husband.

let me ask you then - what about your husband's story has ANYTHING to do with Thomas here? specifically his awesome update?

I am sharing our trials is all. If have offended you with my posts then I am sorry that you feel that way. They both had a higher weight and I was sharing that my husband had pure determination to get WLS. Nothing to offend anyone. But with that beng said isn't this site for sharing and learning? I wasn't trying to under mind Thomas's sucess in any way. So you don't tell about what and where you are in your Journey?