Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre or post op, what was or is the hardest for you

The hardest thing for me pre-op was weaning myself off of all of the caffeine.

The hardest thing post-op is not being able to exercise right now, due to other pre-existing surgery health problems. And also the other hard thing.... heartburn! Ouch!!

The hardest thing post-op is not being able to exercise right now, due to other pre-existing surgery health problems. And also the other hard thing.... heartburn! Ouch!!

I'm like you, prop it was the caffeine.

Post op I need a knee replacement and just don't feel up to another surgery so soon. I'm six days out and with my knee simple walking is painful. First of the year I will feel more inclined for the knee surgery and healing and will be at the gym

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

I'm like you, prop it was the caffeine.

Post op I need a knee replacement and just don't feel up to another surgery so soon. I'm six days out and with my knee simple walking is painful. First of the year I will feel more inclined for the knee surgery and healing and will be at the gym

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

I know what you mean.... I need to have surgery for 2 incisional hernias (got those after my colon resection surgery last year). I need to lose 60 more pounds before I can have the hernia surgery. But I may not get it done right away after I lose the weight. All of these surgeries! Good luck with your recovery and your knee troubles too.

So, what is the hardest part for you? I am doing the liquid pre-op diet. I do OK until evening time then I get really hungry. I know I've already lost weight though. Getting sleeved in the 16th.

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

I'm post op 3 months. Drinking Water is still difficult but I chew lots of ice to stay hydrated. I know doing such a drastic diet change is hard. But if you truly want to succeed, you but stay focused on your plan. The one time I tried to eat baked chicken and realized I can no longer tolerate meat. But I'm on a course to say my life! My mentality is this, in order to achieve what you want through this process, you have to do something you have never done before. Its easier for me when I stick to a single goal and never stray from it, sort of like a horse with those blinder things. That works for me because I have an all or nothing type of personality. I also trained myself to belief and accept that there is no single food on this planet that means more to me than being able to be healthy and keep up with my kids... stay strong! You hold the power of your decisions! God bless!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using the BariatricPal App

So, what is the hardest part for you? I am doing the liquid pre-op diet. I do OK until evening time then I get really hungry. I know I've already lost weight though. Getting sleeved in the 16th.

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

Me too! Night hunger and getting sleeved Dec 16th. Next week is all shakes for me. Noooooooooo

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

I too am struggling with night hunger. I'm scheduled for surgery on dec 17. I have not cut out caffeine. coffee was on my list. I've lost weight, but I'll admit I've cheated a little. I've stayed within the caloric and fat parameters. I could use some pep talks on how to overcome this. One week to go to surgery day.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Pre op was easy for me personally. I didn't mind the liquid diet.

Post op has been the hardest part for me.

Besides relearning how to eat, the mental toll of rapid weight loss is substantial.

Sent from my LG-H900 using the BariatricPal App

Post op is harder. Because preop is your choice to make and has no restriction to deviate. So difficulty itself isn't an issue. Post op is when you feel yourself has changed and you need to adapt safely to this not create any complication but also to provide yourself with bare minimum of nutrients and Vitamin to keep functioning well. So it is a lot of hard work afterwards. Ups and downs mainly up is what we hope for. But no one said it will be easy.

I'm day 2 post op. Getting discharged today.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Pre-op was harder; the hunger drove me crazy.

Post-op my stomach is like a house plant... tend to it when I have to, and then leave it the hell alone and let it do its thing.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

Pre-op was the hardest part of my journey.

Preop, postop, liquid diet, diarrhea, struggling to meet goals, stalls, fatigue, hunger, and acid, been there, done it all. Hardest part by far is long term maintenance. Buckle up folks, the worst....and best.....is yet to come! No regrets, not even for a second, but I simply find maintenance the hardest because (in most cases) everything else eventually ends.