Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't get it.

Please don't reply if your offended by what I'm about to say.

I know I'm not the only person who followed their post op diet to a perfect T. I don't understand why someone would cheat post op and risk their lives for a piece of food. Maybe it's because I don't see food as a crutch? The majority of my life I've only see carbs, fats and Protein. I'm not addicted to it, and it irks the hell out of me when people use that as their excuse. I know I snapped at a newbie on her post a few weeks ago, but I really had the best intentions. My husband, who is a slim guy and very health conscious about food, would chew me out if I even so much as looked at something I'm not supposed to have. He only has the best intentions for my success. I believe everyone going through surgery should have that sort of jerk to keep them in line. Which brings me to my second issue, why would you consult with a forum first, instead of your surgeon about your screw up? Knowing how people are on the Internet and how harsh and rude they can be, wouldn't you rather be reemed by the person who did your surgery and make you feel guilty, rather than a group of strangers? All of our post op diet plans are different, mine for example: Clear liquids for a week, full liquids for a week, my puree stage is 4 weeks long, then I move on to soft foods for 2 weeks after that. Then it's all maintenance from there. I've seen some people where they only need to puree for 1 week. So of course someone like me would have a heart attack thinking about someone eating solids during purees. People don't use their brains, and don't have any self control. And that's what bugs me the most. Our surgeons should make sure someone is mentally competent to handle the diet before the surgery to make sure they don't put their lives at stake over a sandwich, or a pork chop.

Sorry, I really needed to vent that. I'm just so tired of seeing the same posts over and over again :(

Well said. I'm so going to follow my nutritionist and surgeon's advise on what I need to do . I'm having my surgery on Jan 30th. I start my 2 week liquid diet on Jan 16th. I'm not messing up with all I have done these 5 months thus far. I know what is in store which I know it will not be easy but I'm so determined and focused that I know i will be okay plus it helps that I have an amazing support system of family, friends , my work and church families.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

Good to hear that. Just remember mind over matter. food is just an energy source and you'll do amazing!

I'm not offended nor am I a food addict, but some people are. Thats just the way it is. For some it isn't an excuse. It's a struggle for everyone it's not the same. I ate like I was supposed to. Straws on the other hand I used one by accident and panicked because surgeon said don't do it but didn't say why. Called my dr but until they called back I asked others. Only to be told by the dr office, oh some people have issues with straws but if you don't it's ok. Not everyone has a "jerk" to keep them in line either. Just a thought if your tired of seeing the same post over and over why bother to waste time reading them or precious time venting a post.

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

AMEN!!!! You are so right. And then u hear they're human they made a mistake. There is such a difference between being human and making a mistake, and MAKING A BAD CHOICE!!!! We obviously all had some sort of food issue or wldnt be here but some of us made good choices and some of us made bad choices. And some people need to hear the hard truth from someone.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm not offended nor am I a food addict, but some people are. Thats just the way it is. For some it isn't an excuse. It's a struggle for everyone it's not the same. I ate like I was supposed to. Straws on the other hand I used one by accident and panicked because surgeon said don't do it but didn't say why. Called my dr but until they called back I asked others. Only to be told by the dr office, oh some people have issues with straws but if you don't it's ok. Not everyone has a "jerk" to keep them in line either. Just a thought if your tired of seeing the same post over and over why bother to waste time reading them or precious time venting a post.

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

The point of my raving was to express my frustration with people who were knowingly making terrible decisions and getting input from like minded individuals who feel as frustrated as I do.

AMEN!!!! You are so right. And then u hear they're human they made a mistake. There is such a difference between being human and making a mistake, and MAKING A BAD CHOICE!!!! We obviously all had some sort of food issue or wldnt be here but some of us made good choices and some of us made bad choices. And some people need to hear the hard truth from someone.

I almost wish I had a problem with food, it might make me a little more empathetic towards said people.

Do you really think this is a place to vent people go here to get positive ideas not to hear bt wht u believe is bad, seriously

Sent from my VS835 using the BariatricPal App

there is actually a section in this forum that states rants and raves!! So yes you can vent on here. Some people need to hear the hard truth. And everyone is entitle to an opinion.

Just wait until you are 3.5 years out, maintaining beautifully, and are called all sorts of fun names for giving well thought out, sincere advice. It's actually quite funny.

And then when the story changes to justify the behavior and it's all you can do not to bust out into mad giggles. My favorites are the people who eat more than I can at at my stage 4 or 5 days post op, say they are too afraid to tell their surgeon when urged to, and then come back and say that they DID tell their surgeon he was OK with it. Uhm, Ok. ;)

Another favorite is the people who say they can "feel" that they are healed a week or two post op. They feel great, they know they should "listen to their bodies" and have at the chips, the ice cream and the pizza. Unless they were given some sort of internal camera and a medical degree at discharge, they can't know that they are healed in the inside. As far as listening to your body? Listening to your body most likely got you to this weight in the first place.

But let me stop...

Do you really think this is a place to vent people go here to get positive ideas not to hear bt wht u believe is bad, seriously

Scroll to the top of the thread. This area is called Rants and Raves. The description of the forum reads as follows:

Want debate? Get it here. Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave. Enter at your own risk!

Scroll to the top of the thread. This area is called Rants and Raves. The description of the forum reads as follows:

Want debate? Get it here. Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave. Enter at your own risk!

I love ur posts!! I love that u tell it like it is and u don't surgar coat things. Some people need to hear the truth.

I think that your post is a bit judgmental. We all have/had our relationship with food or neither of us would be on this site nor would we have had weight loss surgery if we didn’t this is including yourself. If it wasn’t for your husband support you wouldn’t be ranting and raving some people do not have the support that you do. Also, for you to assume that people use food as a crutch is an insult. It’s a fact that food IS and addiction just like any other drug, this is why insurance companies are covering these surgeries. Other people are self-pay with is why these forums exist. Doctors now a day will charge just to complete paper work. Like you said people on the internet can be a little harsh which is why you requested the offended not to respond. I am not offended but I will stand up for those that can’t and are. And as for self-control, you wouldn’t be in this position if you had some yourself.