Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I miss coffee! What's the point of decaf?!

I want coffee and everyone says try Decaf. If there's no caffeine, what's the point of drinking coffee? I think I'm still going through coffee withdrawal lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I must say, I miss the regular coffee a little bit. From what I've read here, it is okay to have about a cup a day after your stomach has healed, but I guess that might be something to check with your nutritionist or doctor.

As for the Decaf, I am drinking it. I just LOVE the flavor of coffee, so even though I had to give up the caffeine (for now anyway), the decaf at least gives me something warm and delicious that I look forward to every morning.

I drank Decaf for the first six weeks post-op because I love the taste of coffee and and morning smells/ritual of making it. I started drinking half-caff at 7 weeks (I'm almost 9 weeks post-op now) and the little bit of caffeine has been great.

I started with regular coffee after 6 weeks. I have one or two a day with no problem.

I'm 6.5 months post op and have 2 cups of regular coffee...(well they are mugs...about 12oz each) everyday......I think it was about 6 weeks before I started back on regular coffee..

Follow your doctor's protocol. Mine had no restrictions on coffee. I started back on regular right away and had no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ha! My nutritionist said no caffeine because it dehydrates you, and if you have trouble getting your liquids in, you will have more. I have had no issues at all getting my requirement and more, and I need the caffeine to boost my blood pressure. I am getting the impression that a lot of the professionals we deal with say whatever comes into their head about why we should or shouldn't do something.

But Decaf is great in the afternoon or evening. That way I can have my coffee and still sleep at night.

My plan doesn't restrict caffeine, but at Day 69 post-op, I haven't had any in 72 days. I'm kind of hesitant to bring it back at this point because I was so ridiculously addicted to it all of my life, and if I can go 72 days without it, I am over that at this point.

But I do miss Diet Coke -- a lot! But I also know that I just can't have the carbonation, so if I can't have that, I'll just live without caffeine. I was never a coffee drinker anyway.

coffee tastes horrible to me. I used to start every morning with a large iced coffee. Tastes horrid now. So I've been off caffeine over 3 months now. All is good.

My plan doesn't restrict caffeine, but at Day 69 post-op, I haven't had any in 72 days. I'm kind of hesitant to bring it back at this point because I was so ridiculously addicted to it all of my life, and if I can go 72 days without it, I am over that at this point.

But I do miss Diet Coke -- a lot! But I also know that I just can't have the carbonation, so if I can't have that, I'll just live without caffeine. I was never a coffee drinker anyway.

Same.