Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6.5 pounds in 4 days!

I'm only allowe 2 shakes a day and about 2 cups of skim milk. My nurse said to split my premier shakes in half and add a half cup of milk... wasn't making me full so I do a shake for Breakfast and dinner and I either drink a glass of milk with unflavored Protein and lots of Water. I did have my popsicles last night and those so help cause it's like the action of actually eating something cause it is all mental. My stomachs may make a hunger noise and such but I'm not starving

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@crazynae1025 that makes me feel better cause i was told 4 a day but can't do pass 2 so it shouldn't do anything if some other people are only allowed 2 a day

@@OhHeyMarina I was only told to make sure I am getting 70-90 grams of Protein. The way I have been doing it is I just have 3 shakes a day (1 for each of my main meals) and then 1 AM snack and 1 PM snack in between each of those meals of either yogurt or SF pudding. Of course I am drinking LOTS of Water all day as well! I have been using the Syntrax nectar Protein line, and my favorite is the chocolate Truffle Protein powder flavor. I LOVE it. I have tried many different brands before, and this is the one my sister found and stuck with after her surgery over a year ago and is also my favorite. I didn't care for the Premier Protein Shakes honestly, at least not for me.

I tried the broth but the kinds I found at my local grocery stores were NOT good on their own... can't do the broth thing. So I am pretty limited on the variety of things I have in my day but overall I don't feel hungry and I am hitting my protein requirements everyday doing that :) I keep track of it on my fitbit account.

@@kayshabear my 2 shakes are each 30g Protein so thats 60g right there and then my yogurt and 5g and i eat 3 a day so thats 15g and my Jello has 1g lol so i least have 76g a day plus i have been doing broth but my mom homemade it for me so i don't know exact nutrition facts but I'm sure I'm getting least 80 a day but trying to get 4 shakes a day makes me nauseous I'm over the taste after the 2nd one! lol

Edited by OhHeyMarina

@@OhHeyMarina I don't blame you girl! This is definitely not easy. It seems to me you are doing really well with your Protein intake, but I would probably just call over to your nutritionist and ask them about it since every surgeon has the different requirements. I have had to call mine a few times to ask questions in regards to the diet and I am so glad I did! Just keep your eye on the end goal and take it a day at a time :) We are almost there!

@@kayshabear i don't have a nutritionist yet! i was self pay and didn't have to lose any weight prier to surgery so i don't get one till after but tomorrow is my pre op appointment and I'm sure they will ask so i will have to tell them! i believe tomorrow i do take a nutrition class

@@OhHeyMarina Oh ok! Well yes just let them know what you have been doing and see if that is ok! :) It is crazy how different every surgeon and office is with the self pay! I am doing that too but it was required I meet with a Nutritionist as one of my pre-op requirements so that actually has been a blessing for me. At least you are able to still work directly with your Dr. on this until you are able to see one!

@@kayshabear actually i dont meet the surgeon till tomorrow haha ive only met the nurse practitioner lol but i know he is a good surgeon ive had multiply people i know go to him its just how it has to run it cause he is so busy but yes they are all so different!!! i just needed a psych eval and pulmonary and cardiology clearance and i was all good to go

How are you living off 400-500 calories a day?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!

Alot of people do! I only eat 200 calorie Breakfast and lunch (banana, egg then soup) and a 100 calorie evening meal most days.

I try to push more and occasionally hit 700 cals if my granddaughter gives me a chocolate button or two when playing.

But most days, 400 to 500 calories is my outcome. For the first three months it was 100 to 300, last three is 400 to 500, with 600 to 700 exception days.

And you are sick all the time. People that want to live have more calories. Your body can't function on that little.

Starvation is not health.

@@OhHeyMarina

Ahh I missed the yogurts.

What?????

"People that want to live have more calories"!!!

Do you think I choose to eat like this? Do you think I choose to have C Diff? To lose my hair? To "be sick all the time"????

I have worked hard to get up to this calorie a day level, to take all my Vitamins and meds, to move around, to drink my Water requirements.

I make my Soups from scratch using beef bones for the broth to get Protein in. I eat a banana for the potassium.

We agree that starvation is not health which is exactly what I have been saying since day one!

Malnutrition can be an unfortunate side effect of a vsg.

That is not a choice. I am following my plan to the letter. As much Protein as I can push, followed by my Water, then meds and supplements, then veg and fruit.< /p>

@@OhHeyMarina That is really good, mine required ALOT more haha. But overall it looks like everything is good to go, and I have my pre-op appointment on Thursday with my surgeon to go over everything! How crazy!

@@kayshabear im not looking forward to that tomorrow mine is from 7 am - 4 pm!!!!!!

@OhHeyMarina WHHATTTT!!!! What in the world are they doing to you tomorrow? lol

@@kayshabear no clue I'm scared haha

I keep reading everyone's preop diet stuff and get concerned. My dr office has no preop diet. I was required to loose weight before they would submit to insurance and I did (60lbs), which is way more than the required amount. But now I'm trying not to loose weight while I'm waiting for surgery (per my nut) which is driving me crazy. Is my liver going to be fat if I'm not on a weight loss regime going into surgery. And honestly I'm continuing to loose weight now without wanting to. I think I was eating to few calories before so now my body is shedding weight. I don't know how to get the right balance and my nut is no help. He told me to add fruit into my diet, which I did. Anyway, back to my initial concern. Is the fact that I'm not on a strict regime going to make the surgery harder for me? I just want to be in the best shape possible going into surgery.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App