Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psychologist Exam visit today....cried like an itty bitty baby

Ugh. That's the first word that comes to mind after today. All was fine when I started talking, and then she asked about how my journey started of being overweight....I just broke down. I said I've been overweight since the 5th grade. I didn't have a bad childhood or anything it felt like over summer vacation I suddenly gained weight. But just as I started talking about myself and my struggles and being overweight I just started to cry. Anyone else have this experience?

I had my psych eval last week. I thought i was going to be a blubbering mess, but i was so afraid that they would thinkg I wasnt mentally stable enough to have the surgery that I forced myself to hold it together!

I had to hold back tears in mine. I think it's good to admit things and talk through them- I think looking too perfect can be a red flag in its own. We didn't get to this point by having it all together. Just make sure you have a plan in place on how you're going to handle things pre and post op and communicate that. You've got this :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had to hold back tears in mine. I think it's good to admit things and talk through them- I think looking too perfect can be a red flag in its own. We didn't get to this point by having it all together. Just make sure you have a plan in place on how you're going to handle things pre and post op and communicate that. You've got this :)

Thank you!! It's hard to talk about being overweight. It's the one thing I try to never talk about.

The guy that talked to me asked what I did for a living and when I told him about my business that is all he kept asking me about.

I was never asked any hard questions.

I'm sorry it was so emotional for you.

My eval is next week and I'm nervous. I don't like talking about my weight in general. I am working really hard to get this surgery. I'm going to make sure I state how hard I'm working and hope none of the question's they ask get to me. Sorry you cried. It is hard over all to be over weight!

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

It's hard to talk about being overweight. It's the one thing I try to never talk about.

Crying over something painful is no surprise. If you opened this topic because you thought having cried during the evaluation will hurt you "grade," no way.

I almost didn't pass my evaluation because she said I tried too hard to project a positive image... I am just a happy person generally and had the sleeve to qualify for a kidney transplant being overweight wasn't a bad thing for me

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I'm going the 15th for my eval ! They told me it would last 3 hours !!! 3 hours with a psych office. I'll need help when I leave there ;). I'm nervous as well.

That's crazy! Mine was under an hour. Good luck!

I have my Psych Eval on 12/20. She said it would be 50 mins. I am excited, nervous, ready, wish I had a surgery date!

I have my Psych Eval on 12/20. She said it would be 50 mins. I am excited, nervous, ready, wish I had a surgery date!

I wish I had a date too! I have 1 more NUT appt, then who knows the next step....it all should be coming together soon! :)

Okay! I had my psych eval yesterday. It lasted 45 min's, filled out some papers about my medical history and family history. Then I was asked questions about my life as a child, food, family and what my life is like now with food and family. Does my family have any weight issues? Why I am wanting the surgery and who is there to support me in this journey? I think the evaluation went well, there were no signs to say other wise. I felt good. I got an email from my surgeons office stating that they received my evaluation from the psych Dr. and it is in my file. That is good right. No other information was in the email other than that. I shouldn't be worried right?...lol I don't see the Surgeon until 1/16/17. I am not gonna stress it I feel good about it.