Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody try Mexican food post on?

Even from the pureed stage i was eating mexican style Proteins. Of course NO tortillas just the meat, veggies and cheese only.

the tortillas, even corn will slow down or stall weight loss. At least they did for me.

I am making Barbacoa beef in my instant pot tonight for dinner. Cannot wait!

I've eaten it about once a week since I started on solids. Spicy food doesn't bother me. Unfortunately there are no decent Mexican restaurants where I live so I have to make it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

yes - I eat it a lot. I usually order fajitas and just eat the meat & veggies. I've also ordered tacos without the tortillas - or if they come with tortillas, I just eat the innards. Even in the pureed stage I was eating refried Beans.< /p>

I am almost a year out and still love Mexican in post WLS quantities. Like everything else I minimize the carbs. So is a fajita still fajita without the tortilla? I don't know but trust me it is still delicious!!!

the folks at the Mexican place really know me as I walk in they say yes a taco with no chip and not shells with power lite cheese and sour cream. we get them very cheap on taco tues so I enjoy them weekly. sure hope they don't hurt you either.

Chipotle has become one of my new favorite places. I can get a bowl with no rice or Beans (I hate beans), chicken, peppers and onions, salsa and cheese. Lasts me 2-3 meals. Mmmm. At home I make tacos with lean (93%) ground beef and use baby romaine as the "shell". Add homemade salsa and some cheese and diced jalapenos. Sometimes I'll do it with diced chicken. I get the crunch and spice without all the empty carbs. I have not had any problems with spice. I am thankful for that because I was a real chilihead before the surgery.

Now I'm craving "tacos" and my seasoning from Penzeys is on order so now I have to wait. Boo.

Note: I didn't try any of this until I was approved around week 15.

Also, I'll go to Golden Corral for a "fajita bowl" every once in a while. They have grilled chicken strips and all the stuff to go with it and it usually only costs me about 3.50 and it is good for two meals - I just have to deal with the snarky comments about why my container is so light :\ (I don't care - it is just embarrassing sometimes).

Edited by Moogle

9 weeks out. Ive had fajitas tried a tamale didn't like it and chicken burrito but I just ate chicken out of it

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I wanted refried Beans, however, my physician reminded only vegetarian style was acceptable because all the others contain LARD. Which is definitely not part of the lifestyle change. Tamales are nothing but LARD and use masa which is a carby component of tortillas. I'm never going back to my old body so I'm adhering to the rules. There are low carb and low fat alternatives out there.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

my family traditionally goes to a Mexican place for taco tues. I get the chicken taco with no chips and no shells. add the veggies and power lite cheese and sour cream. I can be with family and still keep to my plan and enjoy both the company and the food. I stay super healthy 90 per cent of the time but also think that in order to live in the real world we must be able to have a healthy co-existence with food.