Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on 11/16, SW 351, CW 334. Still a bit tired and working on increasing my energy. Just moved to soft food this week, so far no issues. Some heartburn, but tolerable. Weight has stalled at 334 for the past 4 days. Surgeon said it was typical and most weight loss will come in month 2 and 3.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved on the 14th. I'm not getting in all my Water or Protein right now...Mostly cause I'm not hungry/thirsty and partly because Water and flavored water tastes bad. Poor excuses, I know, but when i'm not hungry, I don't think to eat.

I've done better the past few days, tho. Have made scrambled eggs w/ goat cheese, eating black Beans and pinto Beans, (mushed up), edamame for protein...I've made a menu list for work so I can prepare food to take this week (soft food stage). I'm drinking more of my Protein shakes again for more energy.

SW 248

CW 233

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had the same problem with Water didn't taste good at all, and I was a big Water drinker before surgery. I add fresh lemon to my water and haven't had a problem since, you can try that for a better taste, hope it helps.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved Nov 4. SW 244 CW 227. First two week i was pretty tired. When I started soft foods in week 4, I had a lot more energy. However, since starting soft foods, I stalled. Haven't lost any weight for a week.

To help with getting in fluids, I've been using the crystal light liquid. strawberry lemonade is my favorite. But I do agree, taste buds are slightly different

Sleeved 11/7. HW 270 SW 259 CW 229.1. I have more energy for sure overall but I tend to crash about 2, conveniently an hour before my kids get home from school. I've had trouble with puréed stage, so I tend to rely on shakes and tofu by incorporating it into Soups. I have a follow up 12/6 so I'll be anxious to see what the doc says. I hope she clears me to swim as that's how I lost 11 pounds prior to surgery. Keep your head up!

~luvtheskinimin~

November 7th for me! I weigh in once a week because I know I'll make myself absolutely bonkers jumping on and off the scale everyday. HW 245 SW 234 CW 213. I too have been struggling a bit more with Water since going back to work! Gotta be very diligent. However the day I was cleared to eat meat I swear I found the holy grail and Protein has been a breeze. Speaking of breeze my work pants look a bit like parachutes when I go outside and it's great hahaha.

I was sleeved 11/7. Day of surgery I was at 289. I don't have a scale at home to see where I am now but I have my follow up this week and I'm nervous to see what progress I've made.

The only trouble I've had so far was being nauseous and vomiting and feeling hungry about every 2 hours or so. I spoke with my NUT about it and she recommened full liquids to help with nausea, then incorporate pureed foods 1 at a time to find the trigger. So far it's hard boiled eggs, milk (which I already knew since I'm lactose intolerant), Protein shakes and the massive amounts of Vitamins.

I had to switch to a different Protein powder (Injury - unflavored) in order to get my Protein in and mix it with my fluids (since there's no flavor). Vitamins are being reintroduced tomorrow. And I have tried to avoid anything new so I don't feel sick again.

I do feel a difference in my clothes. They are a little loose and my husband says he sees and feels a difference when we hug.

Hi,

I had my sleeve November 28th. HW353, SW 343, CW 327. Feeling really tired, but no complications. I have been trying to be more active and walk throughout the day, but I still don't have the energy I expected.

Hello everyone :)

I had my sleeve surgery on Nov 14th.

I am still dealing with pain, especially in my left side (my surgeon said it is a hematoma)... and I still have on incision that hurts and has bruising around it... and to top it off, it is right on top of a large incisional hernia that I have, so it really hurts. One reason I had the sleeve surgery was so that I could lose the weight quicker than by normal means and then have my incisional hernia (I have 2 hernias) surgery. So I am still taking the liquid hydrocodone for pain, and it helps some. Unfortunately, I have not been able to exercise much, as it really hurts the hernia area, but I am doing some arm exercises and small weights. Just not as much walking as I would like to be doing.

I am almost finished with week one of the pureed foods stage. I am doing fine with the food, but I fill up really quickly and am only getting around 450-500 calories a day. Getting about 100 grams of Protein a day and between 70-85 ounces of fluids (I like Water the best).

The day of surgery I weighed 300 lbs. Today I weighed 283 lbs. I have been stuck at 283 lbs for 6 days, so I guess I have hit a "stall", which I have read about. I will be glad when I start losing weight again. I find that stalling really stinks.

I am so glad that I had this surgery. I know it will take some time to heal, but I thing I did the best things I could have for myself.

Good luck to everyone :)

Mine was 11/22. Couple rough issues - vomited a lot in hospital due to pain meds, sever heartburn once home, and inner incision pain pretty bad still 2 weeks out. I also am having emotional issues dealing with my decision, maybe slight depression and lots of regret. On the positive side my sleeve seems to be accepting what I drink (still on 2 week full liquid) and I hope it accepts purées next week! I am using Vitamin Patches multi and B12, seem to help with energy.

VSG date: 11/22/16

HW: 225. SW:222. CW: 209

I had the same thing vomiting from the time I woke up from anesthesia to two full days post op. It gets better. I questioned myself and my decision also. I feel like it is the best decision I have ever made now! Good luck and congrats!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was on 11/10. Weight Feb 2015 348lbs. SW 257. CW 241. I'm finding it hard to get in all of my required liquids. Also finding it hard to get in all my Protein. I am doing two from your Protein a day which gives me 60 g. The nutritionist would like to see me get in more protein via food. That will come in time but I think my two premiere a day will continue for quite some time. Trying to get some exercise in. She advised me that now is the time to stay up on that because your metabolism is changing. I am pretty tired and I return to work on Monday. I've also experienced some serious depression since my surgery. It started a little bit before the surgery probably because of the significant weight loss. Now it is just worse and it could have to do with the hormones that are removed with the stomach. Trying to think of ways to up my energy level as I am extremely anxious about returning to work on Monday. I am now on a soft diet. A little more fun then purée. But having to feed a 14-year-old growing boy, while minding my diet, coupled with the fact that I am domestically challenged has made things even more difficult. Sorry for the novel but I was very glad to see this thread. It's good to see where everyone is especially considering we all jumped into this about the same time.