Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling something stuck in my throat

Hi guys, i'm having trouble with swallowing. Luckily, I'm still able to keep food down. It feels like something is stuck in my throat. It makes my throat tight and I feel it in my chest too. I've tried every thing I know to get whatever is in there out, but it won't budge. Anytime I try to vomit, it's foamy stuff that comes out. Is anyone else going through the same? It's affecting my sleep, going out, everything. It's making me miserable. Please let me know if you have any remedies. I'm desperate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the BariatricPal App

Where are you at in the process? Pre-op, post-op, how long? Sounds a little like dumping syndrome.

Hi guys, i'm having trouble with swallowing. Luckily, I'm still able to keep food down. It feels like something is stuck in my throat. It makes my throat tight and I feel it in my chest too. I've tried every thing I know to get whatever is in there out, but it won't budge. Anytime I try to vomit, it's foamy stuff that comes out. Is anyone else going through the same? It's affecting my sleep, going out, everything. It's making me miserable. Please let me know if you have any remedies. I'm desperate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the BariatricPal App

Did you swallow a pill without Water? Unfortunately they can catch and stick down and it takes a week to dissolve. I have a brother-in-law who took aspirin without Water and it caused an ulceration. I suggest you reach out to your doctor.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

@@thebabeupproject Papaya Enzymes, you can find them at Walmart in the Vitamin section. If it is a piece of meat/protein that maybe you didn't properly chew then the enzymes will help the meat break down and digest. They are a lifesaver! I carry a bottle with me everywhere I go and keep a bottle home. Discovered them about 2 weeks ago when I was experiencing the same thing you are. It wasn't painful just uncomfortable

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

There are plenty of reports on here from users who experience the stuck feeling while eating certain foods. My guess is that whatever foods are not going down right now should be avoided for the time being. chicken and turkey (lean and somewhat dry meats) seem to be a common culprit, and I know I have experienced a stuck feeling from eating those before I had any surgery.

Maybe take a step back in your diet progression to smooth or mushy foods and see how you tolerate them.

Swallowing works better if you chew enough and moisture.Moist foods work better.After you think you chewed enough chew some more.Try softer foods again and see if that gets stuck.If it does talk to your Dr.

What acid reflux meds are you on?

HW: 360 SW: 323 CW: 282 RNY: 10.31.2016

This could be caused by earing too large of a pice of something, or swallowing too fast and then you are getting the "slimes". Try cutting your food in much smaller peices and chewing more and swallowing slower.

I have had the same feeling since surgery last month and ita defo not food that's stuck with me.

When we had a tube down our throats for surgery it obviously makes us very dry and irritates the throat. What my surgeon said to me is sometimes when the tube is in, it creates a wee dent in the throat which can take a few weeks to clear.

Symptoms of something stuck the size of a Lego cube in throat is most normal one and it feels like it moves then comes back.

Mine is thankfully almost gone but really annoying.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using BariatricPal mobile app

I think I had this too. Not lego sized, maybe pea sized.. but still something odd. I'm 2 months out today and realized it has cleared up recently.

I feel the same way, and I have the foamy stuff too. Had that pre and post surgery. I think the culprit is the reflux and you really have to be consistent with the omozprole or ranitidine that your doc might have suggested or prescribed. I notice when I take that constantly I don't have the issues. I know it doesn't hurt but it sure is uncomfortable.

I'm having this same issue with just Water to be honest. I'm ready for this to get a little more bearable when it comes to drinking and eating even soft foods.

but we gotta hang in there. This too shall pass

Try chewing three Papaya Enzymes after you eat if you feel something stuck. They help break it up and with the digestion. I had that happen a couple of times. You get the slimes which is a stringy trail of saliva that you keep spitting up. The doctor says Papaya Enzymes are perfectly safe to take. Try smaller bites and chewing evn more than you are too.