Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Family at the hospital

You probably won't be slee ping (vitals checks every two hours, noisy compression sleeves, buzzing IVs), and neither will they. Send them home; they don't need to be there.

Edited by Fredbear

I'm wondering the same thing when I was in the hospital for other reasons my fiancé and daughter stayed overnight no one bother us about visitors or anything...

I had the surgery and was by myself for 4 days at the hospital. The first 36 hours, I was feeling regret because of the pain and nausea. I wasn't able to distract myself at all since the nausea made it impossible for me to even watch TV. I think having someone there who is willing to sacrifice some sleep for your mental well-being would be a good thing. The good news is, as soon as I was off the narcotics for pain, my nausea went away and I was a completely different patient. Just my own personal experience. Good luck to you!

Height: 4'10"

SW:190

CW:178

GW: 125

I'm very thankful my husband was there with me. I had so many lines and wires that were connected to me, that he helped me get up to go to the bathroom and also was beside me every time I walked the halls, which was A LOT.

My wife and I both had the sleeve done in Mexico, so obviously we both stayed there together.

I sleep in a moving tractor trailer all day, so maybe that contributed to my being able to sleep just fine. The nurses would wake me up and poke and prod me for a few mins and I went right back to sleep. I wasn't up walking around until the morning after surgery, but it was nice to have someone to walk with and get some fresh air outside.

My mother in law is planning to do the same procedure next fall, and she wants us to go with her for the same reasons. Father in law says he's not going (he does t support the decision) but I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be right there, too.

My fiance was there, although I slept most of the first day and was totally out of it, I do remember him bringing me flowers and sleeping on that pull out thing until he had to go to work