Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My birthday, 16 months post op

Hello everyone!

Today is my birthday....yay me! I am so blessed to be 16 months post-surgery. Had the gastric sleeve on 8/17/2015 and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am down 125lbs, and I feel great. I have gone from a tight size 22W to a 12. If I ever had skin surgery I would probably be a size 10. I am 5'10. I don't know if I will ever have skin surgery, it's not so bad. My body is my body and I am ok with how I look. I might get it done in the future, I haven't ruled it out. I also went back to school to pursue my Bachelor's Degree. I should be done by June of 2018. I'm taking one class per semester (they are accelerated semesters) because I have so much going on. I'm really enjoying the work.

There are so many things I can do now that I couldn't do before the surgery. I can walk and walk and walk and even run when I need to. Going up and down stairs is no problem. I have so much more energy. I can cross my legs, fit in a standard seat, get into a booth, etc. When I see my reflection sometimes I can't believe that the person looking back is me.

It's been such a journey these past 16 months. I am in a great bariatric program and I owe the fine people at St. Elizabeth's a kudo's! My nutritionist and surgeon are awesome. Since having surgery a friend of my family decided to have it done and he is down over 100lbs since August of this year. A cousin of mine just reached out and is thinking of having it done too. It would be wonderful for her because she has so many weight related health issues. I feel great being able to help them on their journey.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Margie

post-17705-0-93057000-1480691414_thumb.png

post-17705-0-10405800-1480691677_thumb.png

Edited by Margie122

Happy Birthday! And congrats on your successful journey. You have so much to be proud of. going back to school - YAY!

Happy Birthday and congratulations! My Birthday was yesterday : ) I can't wait to get sleeved I hope I get a January date!

Raymia - I hope you get your sleeve soon too! Thanks Deeveg!

Hello everyone!

Today is my birthday....yay me! I am so blessed to be 16 months post-surgery. Had the gastric sleeve on 8/17/2015 and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am down 125lbs, and I feel great. I have gone from a tight size 22W to a 12. If I ever had skin surgery I would probably be a size 10. I am 5'10. I don't know if I will ever have skin surgery, it's not so bad. My body is my body and I am ok with how I look. I might get it done in the future, I haven't ruled it out. I also went back to school to pursue my Bachelor's Degree. I should be done by June of 2018. I'm taking one class per semester (they are accelerated semesters) because I have so much going on. I'm really enjoying the work.

There are so many things I can do now that I couldn't do before the surgery. I can walk and walk and walk and even run when I need to. Going up and down stairs is no problem. I have so much more energy. I can cross my legs, fit in a standard seat, get into a booth, etc. When I see my reflection sometimes I can't believe that the person looking back is me.

It's been such a journey these past 16 months. I am in a great bariatric program and I owe the fine people at St. Elizabeth's a kudo's! My nutritionist and surgeon are awesome. Since having surgery a friend of my family decided to have it done and he is down over 100lbs since August of this year. A cousin of mine just reached out and is thinking of having it done too. It would be wonderful for her because she has so many weight related health issues. I feel great being able to help them on their journey.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Margie

Whoa! You look like a totally different person! Your beautiful success is such an inspiration to the rest of us just starting the journey.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Don't look back, turn the page, and let your next chapter begin!

Happy birthday and congrats on this great success!

Congratulations and happy birthday. I find your story to be so inspiring. High Five!

I went back to college as an adult and have earned a BS degree, master's degree and post master's. I won't go on for a PhD. I"m glad I made the decision to go back to school. Congratulations to you on pursuing your degree and your new healthy lifestyle!

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

Edited by Treadmillwalker

one of the best decisions I ever made. down 125lbs- I feel great.

@@Margie122

hey bud

i remember you!!!

glad you stopped by to say hello :rolleyes:

my day just got better after seeing your cheery face!!

pics are great - what else would i expect?

happy/sad to say i'm seeing "less and less" of you !!

NSV's are the best!!!

walk, run,stairs, energy

leap tall buildings, chew gum, rub tummy and head - all standing on one leg!! :D

you are amazing!!

your great decision to go back to school

i can hear my 16 yr old grand-daughter now

"what, she wanted to go back to school?!!" LOL

keep up the good work for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life

happy b'day and many more

kathy

congrats

Thanks @@proudgrammy! I appreciate your kind words :)

Edited by Margie122

Happy birthday beautiful.. Congrads on your accomplishments.. Big n small..I hope to have my success story in 16months as well..sleeved November 9th 2016..

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

@@Margie122

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and CONGRATS! You look fantastic, what a transformation! Way to go also on your pursuit of your Bachelors.

Cheers to you!

post-300674-0-61608600-1480709203_thumb.gif

First: HAPPY BIRTHDAY I hope all of your hopes and dreams come true for you!! Now #2: WOW!! That is a great TRANSFORMATION!!! You look so happy and BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats!!

Happy Birthday and great job on all your success!