Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2017 Sleevers

@@barcelona37 I'm actually vegan. Pre surgery I used vega sport Protein, garden of light raw protein, jarrow unflavored (though actually has a strong vanilla taste), Unjury unflavored pea protein powders. Not sure what is going to go down post surgery. Working on a vega sport right now but it's very thick made exactly as directed. The garden of light went down easier but less protein overall. Just home from hospital this afternoon so now is the time to experiment.

Edited by vegbeth

@@barcelona37 the jarrow Protein was their soy protein. I had to get it online at Amazon

@@barcelona37 my nut said I would have to continue with the Protein Shakes but I know there are some high Protein veg foods like seitan. At this point I'm only 4 days out of surgery but I am committed to staying vegan whatever it takes. I brought a couple of Protein Powder individual packs to the hospital and my Blender Bottle as I wasn't sure they would have anything for me. I'm glad I did as they tried to serve me yogurt and ensure for my first protein meal. The hospital didn't even have soy milk to blend my powder with but Water worked ok.

hi all! I'm scheduled for my vsg on 1/11! very excited/nervous... i also just joined the groupme (i hope it is still okay to join!)

Hi guys, first time on here, I've just signed up cos I saw a group for January 2017. I'm from Australia and my surgery is on the 25th and I'm starting my pre op diet on the 10th.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone! I couldn't find a specific group for January 2017 sleevers so decided to start this one (excuse me if one is out already)! I'm from NJ and I started this journey September 28th this year. My insurance is with Aetna and requires 3 months supervised exercise program. I've done all my labs, and appointments and my official date is January 16, 2017 (until today, I thought it was set for the 6th lol).

Anybody else having their surgery during that timeframe?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey

I'm also from NJ and my surgery date is 1/24! I just need to get pre-op blood work and I'm all set.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

I am 6 days post op and I feel a million times better! But, my tummy is so full of bubbles and a lot of time it is extremely painful as they move up my chest.

I feel very hungry but after a few sips of broth or Protein shake I feel like a stuffed turkey.

I assume the pain from the burps will recede in time. How are you guys doing?

Sent from my SGH-M919N using the BariatricPal App

I got sleeved Jan 4....the pain is very minimal and I'm already down 13lbs!!! The main struggle I have had is convincing my brain that I'm not hungry. My mind has been like girl you haven't eaten in a week you need food. It's getting easier by the day so tomorrow is my 1 week surgeryversary!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App