Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm not worried but have a question

It might be too soon for you to be eating. What does your program say?

I would go back to liquids for a day or so and see if you still need more time to heal before introducing foods into your stomach.

The 18th of what month?

It depends what you are eating and how much.

If it was Nov, I wasn't eating anything at 10 days post op so I can't say whether it's normal or not. I was on 7 days of Water only, 7 days of full liquids and then 7 days of purées before I was okayed to eat anything.

If you're concerned, you should refer back to the Info your doc gave you and if there's no answers there - contact your surgery team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who ate Thanksgiving food 6 days after surgery??? There is probably a reason your stomach is hurting.

I hope you haven't done damage to your new sleeve and you contacted your surgeon about what you did on Thanksgiving.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who ate Thanksgiving food 6 days after surgery??? There is probably a reason your stomach is hurting.

Yeah but I told my surgeon and he said if I wasn't having any issues after that then I was okay. I was fine. Now all of a sudden I have some slight pain and discomfort.

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

But only when I eat.

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery on nov 18th too!! And i have the same feeling too is a light pain, but it goes away in seconds, just try to chew and chew your food to make it easy for your little pouch and measure the quantity but mention that to your surgeon too my mom had the surgery a year ago and she said it was normal because your little stomach is sore and getting used to foods again!! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

From what I know . You should be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks, then on a pureed diet for 2 weeks b4 you start eating solids. You need to keep in mind that your stomach is not the same size as prior to your procedure . Its actually smaller now and you can cause damage to your self and stomach.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

Dr Matthew Weiner says if it hurts, don't do it. You're either eating too much or too fast. Take TINY baby spoon bites and chew well. If it still hurts, maybe go back to shakes for a few days and see if you can try again later without pain.

From what I know . You should be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks, then on a pureed diet for 2 weeks b4 you start eating solids. You need to keep in mind that your stomach is not the same size as prior to your procedure . Its actually smaller now and you can cause damage to your self and stomach.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

That may be your doc's program, but not necessarily the OP's or anyone else's. Your program may call for liquids exclusively for two weeks, while others may do it for three or four weeks, or just one week or none at all - it depends upon the doc's experiences and sometimes individual patient needs and tolerances. For instance, my program was for purees and soft Proteins like eggs, yogurt, some seafoods along with liquids from the outset, with the caveat being that if something wasn't tolerated then back up a step to other foods that are tolerated and try again in a couple of weeks. Some wind up being more liquid intense than others for a while depending upon their individual needs. From what I have seen, more programs are heading this direction as more surgeons get more sleeve experience. This is what makes it difficult to give much specific advice to people on these forums beyond coordinating with their surgical team, who they (or their insurance) paid to provide such advice and support.

To the OP, no it's not normal to have stomach pain while eating, tho some foods may cause some discomfort which is a warning sign to back off and take things a little slower. Try new things one at a time and in small quantity to test your tolerance for them, If they go through well then fine, add that to your menu; if not then try it again in a few weeks and go with something known for the moment.

I had mine done on the 17th and the same thing happens to me. And not only when I eat. I could be drinking Water and I'll get the pain. Everything sits well, it's just going down everything seems to hurt.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery on nov 18th too!! And i have the same feeling too is a light pain, but it goes away in seconds, just try to chew and chew your food to make it easy for your little pouch and measure the quantity but mention that to your surgeon too my mom had the surgery a year ago and she said it was normal because your little stomach is sore and getting used to foods again!! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

There are HUGE differences between lapband, bypass and VSG surgeries. Sleevers don't have pouches and I am willing to bet that the way one heals from each surgery is completely different. I am also willing to bet that the diets are different as well as far as how fast we progress through the stages.

I am totally NOT saying that you don't have good information to share, but even at 3.5 years out, I try really hard not to throw out advice to banders or bypass because I've not lived through either of those procedures. :)

I do agree that the OP should pass the information to his/her surgeon!!

Best to you with your new band! Exciting times, for sure.