Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone! I go see the surgeon today to discuss my date. I've started my 2 week pre-op diet so it will be soon! I'm really getting anxious! I'm excited about the potential life changing aspect. However I'm conflicted bc I can't believe I'm about to make such a life changing decision and my relationship with food is about to change drastically. On one hand I'm like Rosie it will be ok! On the other hand I'm like how on earth did I let myself get to this point?? Does this sound like normal emotions or am I just crazy??

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Everyone! I go see the surgeon today to discuss my date. I've started my 2 week pre-op diet so it will be soon! I'm really getting anxious! I'm excited about the potential life changing aspect. However I'm conflicted bc I can't believe I'm about to make such a life changing decision and my relationship with food is about to change drastically. On one hand I'm like Rosie it will be ok! On the other hand I'm like how on earth did I let myself get to this point?? Does this sound like normal emotions or am I just crazy??

I am completely with you on these feelings! I would think that is very normal to feel. I too started my liquid diet on Monday, so I am experiencing all kinds of emotions and thoughts as well. Either way, just know that you wanting to better your health and take control of your body and mind again is nothing short of amazing! Most of us are going through this to help us get back on track and to take our eating back into control after years of allowing ourselves to be controlled by food, so we should consider ourselves brave and amazing for taking this step to be the best versions of ourselves we can be from here on out! We can't change yesterday, but we can sure as heck change our tomorrow :) Good luck on everything and let us know when you get your date! Mine is Dec. 12th, so I would think yours should be somewhere around there too :) Keep in touch!

Thanks for the encouragement! Yeah the Insurance lady at my surgeons office wants to try to get me in asap before my insurance terms at the end of December. I have 3 precious girls and they are the reason why I'm doing this.

Edited by RWalker15

Just found out my surgery is scheduled for Dec 12 @ 7:30 AM! Super excited!!

This is normal- I feel the same way. You've got this; two weeks til surgery. You're gonna do great! Totally worth it!

Congratulations I can't wait to find out my date I hope my Dr. Doesn't pop up and give me a December date tho I need to give my job proper notice. But I'm shooting for a January date. After all my struggles with diet and exercise... I'm ready

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

Very normal!!! I felt the same way, anxiety and a mix of emotional (as well as emotional) before my surgery! I am one week and a day post op! And believe me, the emotionalness sticks around even after surgery. I've found the first week to be EXTREMELY difficult but by the 4/5 day I couldn't believe how quickly I started feeling better!! Still struggling with anxiety after surgery. Although I feel full and not hungry most of the day, it's been very difficult to be around food and even watching commercials of food!! it's been a loooong rough journey but it's all worth it in the end!! (So I'm told by a very good friend of mine who had the gastric bypass).

I'm just beginning my journey and today was one of the most emotional/difficult days I've had so far. I wish you luck and sending prayers for a quick recovery after surgery!

You sound just like me...my surgery date is December 21st and I start my liquid diet Dec 5th...I'm starting to have some anxiety to which my family has no idea bc mostly they don't understand.. but I know I won't eat healthy unless I'm forced to...sad I know... I need to be made to eat differently...my granddaughters always tell me I have a big butt, to which I do but it only motives me to make changes in my life and this is one of them...I know the first 3 months will be a challenge but I'm going to prepare myself and you can too..

I think this is super normal. I went back and forth on my decision up until I arrived at the hospital the morning of surgery. The night before I couldn't sleep and warned my husband that I might still back out.

Change is scary. When you're addicted to or dependent on food the idea of losing that comfort is scary. I was sleeved on 10/11 and have lost exactly 30 lbs as of today. It's a huge change and a huge commitment. I could've backed out but then I'd be sitting here miserable in a year and likely having gained 30 lbs instead of lost them and wishing I'd gotten it over with.

It's okay to be anxious! You've made a big decision!

Ella!! Yes! I was totally going back and forth up until the morning of my surgery as well!! I haven't weighed myself just yet, my two week post op appt is next Monday which will be my first weight check since surgery. I'm eager to see how much I've lost! It's only been one week and I can see a difference and changes in my face and my body already!! I've had feeling of regret a few times now but once my friend introduced me to this app, I can't tell you how much more motivated and helpful it has been!!

@@RWalker15

Perfectly normal feelings, thoughts and emotions to have.

I was really excited at first, then about a week or so, prior my surgery, I was an anxious, scared bundle of nerves.

Then the day came, and the rest is history.

Best Wishes for your upcoming surgery!

Thanks everyone! I'm on day 3 of my preop diet and I was

Craving a chicken fried steak and we went and got one. I ordered the smallest size and had a salad with it and even Inputted what I ate into my fitness pal and I went over slightly my calorie intake but was surprised! I'm struggling with cravings!

RWalker15 just get back on track today. You can do it. I'm on my second day of liquid diet and my surgery is Dec 12th as well. Hey we won't change overnight, but if we help each other we will get there. You are a good mom and once you get healthier you will rock!!!! Hugs

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I am right there with you about being anxious. Mine is scheduled for Dec 19th and start my preop diet on Monday. I can't believe that it is already here. Remember we are doing this for a good reason and look forward to the good changes coming! Good Luck!