Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll add you I'm new too! Welcome

You guys need to research what your boobs are going to look like after you lose the weight. It ain't pretty.

I can only imagine.... I know everyone's different but from what I seen its a lot of deflation going on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I have quite a few piercings, and I had no idea I needed to take them out for EKG. I told the doctors I would need a few minutes and some pliers (I have a couple of captive beads and 1/2" metal flares in my ears.)

I got a wide eyed stare when I requested tools to open and remove 5 of my piercings. They decided it probably wasn't a big deal to just do the EKG with the piercings in after all (including both nipples).

Lucky

My wife is blessed (cursed?) with very large breasts for her height/weight/frame.

While losing weight, the skin on the top (while wearing a bra) gets very wrinkly and loose (you can pinch it and it will stay in that shape after letting go) but has always shrunk back down to accommodate the fat loss. It takes a few months, but everything "snaps back".

Similarly, when I lose weight off my butt and hips, the skin and fat underneath changes its appearance and gets pretty soft. Then I will not lose any scale weight for a week or two but my skin will become tighter and the fat become firmer underneath.

For this reason alone, I cringe when I hear about people rushing into plastic surgeries to correct these issues very soon after surgery. Our bodies are amazingly adaptive, and it all takes some time. If after 3-4 years (after losing to goal) inwas still dealing with skin and flappies, I might consider it but certainly not until I was certain my body wasn't able to make any more adjustments on its own.

I have 3 family members (Mother and 2 aunts) that were very large. They each had gastric bypass and after the surgery their boobs got smaller but their okay. I hope genetics play a role and bless me as well???? idc if the sag a bit a good bra does wonders...

With all of the boobies talk I have to get back in here! Wouldn't the piercings constantly rubbing on clothing or bras keep your nipples stimulated all of the time at first but then loose sensitivity?

LOL @ you are to much for me... lmbo I think are nipples can take more then you can imagine.

I've breastfeed 2 kids and these babies are just fine, so I don't believe my sensitivity will decrease. And when it comes to stimulation all I need is for the wind to blow :lol: :D So it makes no difference to me I just wear padded bras everything goes unnoticed.... B)

@ I had nipple piercings for a long time and I can say it wasn't the case with me or anyone else I knew. I had the straight metal bars because I have very large breasts. My nipples pretty much were about the same as they were pre-piercing. The only thing that was different was the reaction to cold. It's a whole different feeling when you have a piercing. I never had a huge increase in sensitivity other than during the healing phase and defintely no decrease at all, even after removing the piercings.

@@Raymia I've had a nose ring for over 5 years and that sucker likes to close up ASAP if I leave it out too long. Fortunately they just let me tape is down for surgery (I was wearing a stud and not a round ring that day). I'm finding that I'm being asked less often to remove piercings.

I'd like to do nipple piercings again, but dread the healing. I'm not too worried about how my chest is looking post op. I have gone down from an E to a DD and band size has gone down. I'm grateful! LOL. But they aren't sagging anymore than they already did (which wasn't bad).

@@vamping

Fun story about the healing process:

A few months after having mine done, I was getting ready for bed while extremely intoxicated. I hooked the barbell in my wedding ring and tore that sucker 3/4 of the way out. The natural response was hysterical laughter (yep, THAT intoxicated) and going to bed.

Repiercing (a year or so later, once it healed back together) SUCKED. Piercing through scar tissue on an existing piercing was no laughing matter.

OUCHHH!!! @@Hammer_Down that was not funny that sounds horrible poor boobie. lol

@@vamping I'm a 42D I can't wait to see what my boobs do after this. But I'm sure a Victoria Secret will do the trick they have great push up bras.

I've had my belly button pierced for about 5-6 years. I know I'm going to have to take it out, I'm just hoping it doesn't close. The longest I've ever taken it out is probably for about a day max. I'm hoping I can keep my nose ring in, as it's a pain to take out & it'll probably will have it done for a year in January. The same month I'm getting surgery done.

Omg, I was going to post about piercings for some suggestions, I have my septum, nose, tragus and tongue pierced and am not about to take them out..although all of my jewelry are titanium and do not conduct electricity and aren't magnetic I'm afraid they'll make me take them out so now I have to go look for bioplast jewelry and retainers

I had to remove mine (the right nipple was pierced) for VSG, and the hole closed. Hopefully I'll get it redone after plastics. :(

I was able to put a large bandage on mine and told the staff I couldn't remove it (i didn't want to remove it - i've had it 20 years and didn't want it to grow shut, which I knew it would), and so I just signed a piece of paperwork and that was that. There was never any issue, nothing went wrong and I still have my one piercing...

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I just know to put it right back in when their done.... I refuse to get my nipples redone it hurt! But I will ask about tape or a bandage...

What about dermals? I have chest dermals. I wonder if I will have to take them out? That is no easy task! Literally need them cut out!