Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a little more than 16 months out.

My surgery was in July 2015. I was converting from lap band to gastric bypass. Best thing I ever did. I have PCOS with insulin resistance that lap band would never cure.

My last update was at one year. I've made a little progress since then so I thought I would share.

On the day of surgery, I weighed 275. At one year, I weighed 188. Today I weigh 174. I met with a plastic surgeon last summer who specializes with dramatic weight loss, but my insurance won't cover the lower body lift. At this point, I'm about to switch insurance anyway after switching jobs, so I'll try again in a few months. Ideally, I'd like to get to 150, however my official goal that I discussed with the medical team was 170. If I can't get insurance to cover it, i'll self-pay. I'll be damned if I've lost all this weight and have to keep a jiggly belly. To be fair, I have two year old twins (and two others), and the twins were EACH 7lbs 1oz. My belly needs serious help!

Anyway, I'll attach an old picture and some recent ones. Enjoy!post-40450-14803100123418_thumb.jpg post-40450-1480310030161_thumb.jpg post-40450-14803100422338_thumb.jpg post-40450-14803100507939_thumb.jpg

Congrats ladygg1967, i came in to this positively really got what I wanted was to convert lapband to rny but for some reason I feel somewhat regretful, what advice and suggestions can you give me? I need to stay positive and not think negatively

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations. :) ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: B) ;-)

Congratulations on your fantastic results! I totally get it regarding the jiggly tummy. I never thought it would bother me but it makes clothing difficult and for me, it pulls on my back. Unfortunately I have not heard of any insurance covering a lower body lift. I have heard of them covering a panni removal but that likely will not correct the problem with tummy muscles.

Most women who have had children need muscle repair and you had twins so it is very likely.

I am having my full abdominalplasty, Breast lift with augmentation for all the reasons you listed an more.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you are able to get what you want! Many plastic surgeons have a care credit program in which you can finance with zero percent interest. If you cannot get it covered, maybe that might allow you to get it done sooner.

Just curious because our start weights are similar, and my goal is to get to your current weight- do you exercise like a maniac? Or just normal, or at all? I am almost 6 months out, and my weight loss has slowed considerably. I am trying to incorporate exercise, but time wise it is difficult. You look fabulous!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Jessakate:

I don't exercise at all, however, I am moderately active in chasing my four kids around at night. I am ashamed of myself and I know if I worked out, I'd lose more/faster.

Thank you! I'm pretty sure exercising would no longer be the torture I remember it as when I weighed 250+. I am finally starting to get the itch to start exercising again.

Hi!! You look really happy ???? I am curious about your excess skin as I have similar amount to lose. What areas do you want done? I know I will need a Tummy Tuck for sure. Hoping I can live with the other stuff, but I am worried about back fat ????. Congratulations on the loss!

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Hi!! You look really happy I am curious about your excess skin as I have similar amount to lose. What areas do you want done? I know I will need a Tummy Tuck for sure. Hoping I can live with the other stuff, but I am worried about back fat . Congratulations on the loss!

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much! The hard work was well worth it!

If I had unlimited money, I would get my inner thighs done, jiggly arms, a full body lift, and breast augmentation. My stomach is the worst of my problems and my highest priority. For whatever reason, I haven't had a big problem with back fat.

Jessakate:

I don't exercise at all, however, I am moderately active in chasing my four kids around at night. I am ashamed of myself and I know if I worked out, I'd lose more/faster.

No need to be ashamed of self you come a long way from where you started from!

But wanted to ask what are your children ages ?Was asking because my sister has twin girls and she was telling me about this free exercise she does twice a week where people meet up with there kids and do this workout called mommy & me at a local park .I thought that was so wonderful anywho if you can find the time maybe look into that

R4C????