Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"The last supper" syndrome?

@@Hammer_Down

Thank YOU! I was beginning to think I was alone here in this point of view.

I have to say I learned so much through the diet yo yo phase of my life and now after bariatric surgery. I wish I could turn back the clock to when I started yo yo dieting because it was my downfall for sure.

I think if I knew what I know now, I would have had bypass surgery in my late 20s. Before I did all this damage to my body. But, in the end I am just glad I did it, glad I lost all of my excess weight and most importantly glad that I now know how to eat healthy while still enjoying food.

The month before surgery I did have some "last suppers," but instead of gorging I just had my favorite things and enjoyed smaller portions.

The last week (Thanksgiving week...) I did: pizz a (but had thin crust shwarma pizz a from a Greek restaurant), Chinese (easy on the rice, heavy on the spices), Cheesecake Factory (generally a crappy restaurant, but I love their Chinese Chicke n Salad), and Mexican (poblano chile relleño with carnitas and plenty of chips/salsa).

And during this "feast" I still lost 3 pounds since I didn't pig out. Plus I'm a firm believer in not saying "goodbye" but rather "see you later in smaller quantities."

Edited by Fredbear

@@Djmohr

Agree. I gain when I eat carbs, even at lower calorie counts. If I eat cheese, eggs, Beans and meat, I don't have to track at all, and I lose. Full fat cheese, whole eggs, beef, sausage, bacon... I can consume mayo, avocado, creamy Soups, etc., with no gain.

Pasta, rice, bread, potatoes? Boom. Gain.

@@LipstickLady

I've had to accept that cheese as a garnish is okay for me, but cheese as a meal is a surefire way to totally stop my weight loss. The good news is that I can live on cheese and not gain a pound, but it's definitely not a losing food for me.

This was my very first personal discovery WAAAY back when I first started Atkins after gaining to a new high after quitting smoking. I lost the expected 10% of total body mass during induction, but then stayed stalled for 6 weeks as I gradually eliminated sweeteners, caffeine and all nut products before I realized it was the cheese all along.

It's a darn shame, because I absolutely love all cheeses. More proof that we shouldn't always "listen to our bodies" when they crave something.

@@LipstickLady

I live for cheese! I dont think i could live without it. Then again I live in Wisconsin. I eat cheese daily and i eat full fat cheese, sausage, bacon, and many other lean meats. I also use butter.

My son scolded me last week for ordering some cheeses from Sweet Grass Dairy in Atlanta Georgia. LOL.....He scolded me because we live in cheese head land. The thing is there are a few cheeses from that dairy that I absolutely love and cannot live without.

If not for the fact that hubby is taking me out for date night tonight, I would be having some cheese for dinner tonight.

It definately helps me maintain. I probably eat too much for weight loss but then again, I am in Maintenance so i am ok.

@@Djmohr

You need this in your life (in garlic!). It's hard to describe. It's all cheese, but it doesn't melt like cheese. You heat it in a pan, on the grill or in the microwave. It puffs, but it doesn't melt. It tastes exactly like greasy (in a good way), buttery, cheesy bread from a GOOD pizza place. The texture is almost bread like but not quite. It's SO DANG DELICIOUS. I was scared of it at first, but now I am addicted. No carbs.

http://www.carrvalleycheese.com/Bread-Cheese/productinfo/3082/

@@LipstickLady

Ok, Now i am going to have to order that. Just looking at the picture made me happy happy happy!

Thank YOU!

@@Djmohr

You need this in your life (in garlic!). It's hard to describe. It's all cheese, but it doesn't melt like cheese. You heat it in a pan, on the grill or in the microwave. It puffs, but it doesn't melt. It tastes exactly like greasy (in a good way), buttery, cheesy bread from a GOOD pizza place. The texture is almost bread like but not quite. It's SO DANG DELICIOUS. I was scared of it at first, but now I am addicted. No carbs.

http://www.carrvalleycheese.com/Bread-Cheese/productinfo/3082/

It was you! I saw this at the grocery store and remember reading on here somewhere "if you see bread cheese- grab it!" IT IS SO GOOD. To me it tastes just like a grilled cheese. I hate cooking but I've been keeping the cast Iron pan out just for the bread cheese. I've been having about 1.5 oz every other day. It is beyond. So amazing.

Edited by higher

...If I eat cheese, eggs, Beans and meat, I don't have to track at all...

No you don't have to track, just warn your loved ones during the digestion process of those foods :)

@Djmohr Out of arguments and getting angry? Why is that? Because I challenged your opinion on the magic of low carb food? :rolleyes:

@@summerset

What is your deal? Challenge all you want, I responded to your questions. It is not necessary for me to argue with you. Clearly you have it all figured out.

Also not angry, just dont need to deal with rude people such as yourself or take over someone's post with nonsense.

@@summerset

you know... she was talking about what works for her, right? she NEVER said it would work for everyone. Perhaps quit reading into it so hard that you think she's telling YOU or anyone else what to do because she's not. She is stating what worked for her or doesn't and how HER body reacts to various things.

I've noticed that my body works the same way - if I eat to many bad carbs ie. junk food, Pasta, white flour stuff, I quit losing and gain... popcorn is still off my list for a while since I'm totally addicted to it. Now that I'm pushing myself to get back on track, I've started losing again. Stuffed pepper Soup, anyone? I have tons left over - made with turkey ground meat and peppers with quinoa...

Also not angry, just dont need to deal with rude people such as yourself or take over someone's post with nonsense.

You're realizing you're kind or rude here as well, right? If not, I've got news for you: you are, my dear.

You can eat all the stuff you want and can cut out all the stuff you want. I don't care. If you want to believe in food magic, do so but stop throwing some wild theories (you would call that "nonsense" I supposed) about "not being able to lose weight because of being malnourished" like it's absolutely impossible to lose weight while being deficient in micronutrients. Of course obese people can be malnourished when it comes to micronutrients, everyone can, including people suffering from anorexia nervosa who obviously don't have any problems losing weight despite being malnourished.

You said you ate about 3500 cals before surgery and are now maintaining on 1300-1400 cal - a difference of more than 2000 cals a days - but hey! Math is nonsense! It's all magic! :lol: