Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I suppose im experiencing my first stall. My first week post op i lost 22 lbs. Then from there to my 3rd week NUT appt i only lost 5 lbs. That was last monday and since then my home scale hasnt moved. How do you pull yourself from a stall? Im ready to start losing again because this is not a good feeling.

Sent from my SM-S820L using the BariatricPal App

Stall in the third week is normal. I had it too. You will drop

I stalled for almost 3 weeks. It's normal, don't get frustrated. Stick to the diet and exercise. Drink lots of fluids. I found the body stalls every 20-25 lbs or so. The liquid and exercise helps break through the stalls. Stick to the diet! I'm 10 weeks post sleeve and down 40 lbs and 65 lbs overall. Stick to the diet.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you guys. I am going to up my Protein quite a bit. I think that could be one of the issues. I stopped the shakes because the taste was unbearable and was relying solely on soft meats for protein. Well I got rid of the premade shakes that I didnt like and replaced with the homemade ones and those are slightly better and I can at least make myself get through a whole one. Hopefully the loss will pick back up. I go this Wednesday for 1 month post op and I will be cleared for heavier exercise.

Stick to your plan, stalls are a normal part of the process and will happen consistently through the weight loss phase.

If it frustrates you, stay off the scale and stick to your plan.

The body must have time to adjust itself.

I think I'll be giving/throwing my scale away completely. lol. It is so off anyway and not really helping with anything, just adding to my anxiety.

Each person is different, but my doctor wants me doing between 60-80 grams of Protein a day. Anything above that is just wasted calories I'm told. I have a scoop (1 T = 30g) of GENEPRO a morning in an ounce of Powerade Zero. It's like doing a shot to supplement my Protein intake.

I am supposed to be getting 60-90 g of Protein per day. and def didnt think i was getting that without the shakes. so i am trying to get at least 2 shakes a day in. I use Muscle Milk with lactose free milk 16 g in the MM and 8 g in the milk for 24 g. so Ill at least get close. and then the tuna packets i eat have anywhere between 13- 20ish. I need to be measuring my liquids too.

I had 3 week stall too my dr says it's because I wasn't eating enough Protein I started my shakes again and lost another 5 lbs

I hope that does the trick. Im gonna set a goal of at least 2 (1cup) shakes a day.

Sent from my SM-S820L using the BariatricPal App

I lost 16 pounds the first three weeks when I was on liquids after surgery. I started soft foods beginning week 4 and I gained two pounds even though I've been sticking to my diet and exercising. It's very discouraging. I think I will also up my Protein and drink more fluids and hopefully weight will drop again.

I lost 16 pounds the first three weeks when I was on liquids after surgery. I started soft foods beginning week 4 and I gained two pounds even though I've been sticking to my diet and exercising. It's very discouraging. I think I will also up my Protein and drink more fluids and hopefully weight will drop again.

I am having that same issue right now. it is extremely discouraging. I had to talk myself down from crying in the doctors office. a few tears escaped. what happened with me was my first week follow up, i was down 22 lbs. then 2 weeks later I was only down 5 more. that was a week ago. now today, I am up 4... so TECHNICALLY I am still down 1 lb from the 1 week follow up (terrible progress in my opinion) but a gain is a gain. I was cleared to exercise today so I am hoping that will get me going again. I have upped my Protein, i wasnt drinking my shakes now i force myself to drink at least 2 8oz homemade shakes to give me at least 48g every day. Also gonna start tracking calories.

I am having that same issue right now. it is extremely discouraging. I had to talk myself down from crying in the doctors office. a few tears escaped. what happened with me was my first week follow up, i was down 22 lbs. then 2 weeks later I was only down 5 more. that was a week ago. now today, I am up 4... so TECHNICALLY I am still down 1 lb from the 1 week follow up (terrible progress in my opinion) but a gain is a gain. I was cleared to exercise today so I am hoping that will get me going again. I have upped my Protein, i wasnt drinking my shakes now i force myself to drink at least 2 8oz homemade shakes to give me at least 48g every day. Also gonna start tracking calories.

I've been tracking my calories and I've been consistently around 400-500 calories a day. But I know I need to get more protein and fluids in. Sometimes I think I should go back to a liquid diet but I know that this is just a phase and I do enjoy having the extra energy. TMi - I've also been quite backed up and been struggling with getting a BM. Hopefully when it happens, I'll drop the extra weight that I'm carrying around in my gut. I feel so bloated.