Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post op and screwed up bad...

LipstickLady

I might be dumb but what does S.L.O.W C.L.A.P mean? Does it mean you are slowly clapping for the last post? LOL I know I am a lil slow. LOL

If your not in pain and still breathing you'll be okay. At 7 days I was eating softwood like cheese eggs and stuff like that. Just remember rule 22 chew 22 times before swallowing. Be careful to pay attention to your body don't over do it. You can always start over tomorrow go for a walk long one and do liquids it well help you feel better.

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on the 18th as well..not sure why surgery post diets are so different but my team told me I could have turkey and ham on Thanksgiving. I had it no problems..

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was also sleeved on the 18th and I can't move to puréed until the 9th. They have a very strict diet. I can't wait to be able to have something other than Soup, Jello, and Protein shakes.

Have you been able to speak to your doctor yet? Do you feel fine now?

I completely understand the cravings, and they are the worst in the weeks immediately after surgery. You begin to miss just chewing.. anything! Chewing sugar free icey poles helped and I let them melt in my mouth.

I was terrified my first few weeks so never really had anything solid until I was allowed. I was worried as I was warned that even a little bit of shredded chicken could hook onto my staples and create an infection.

If you are still feeling hungry and your cravings are bad please consider reflux. Mine was so bad that it kept me awake at night and I thought it was hunger. I doubled my dose of Nexus prescribed by the surgeon (on his recommendation) and it immediately resolved itself. From then on I had no hunger pain, or cravings.

I was sleeved on the 18th as well..not sure why surgery post diets are so different but my team told me I could have turkey and ham on Thanksgiving. I had it no problems..

Oh wow, this was comforting. Thank you lucky 2 lose for reaching out to me.

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

Edited by MTWilliams

They're all different. I've never heard of solid food within a week, your doc must be very liberal!
They even told us in our last Bootcamp meeting before surgery that as long as it was 'wet'..soaked gravy, ranch whatever that it would be fine to have for Thanksgiving as long as we could tolerate it. She even suggested a deviled egg too. The hurtle was to be drinking 64 oz liquid before starting soft foods..I'm still mostly liquid Protein with shakes, Soups and chili but I am eating soft Protein not problem.

Again, thanks......feel so much better now. I still have some leftover guilt from eating that small.amount of solids on thanksgiving. We should totally keep in touch since we were sleeved on the same day.

Edited by MTWilliams

Everyone makes mistakes it ok, you shouldnt feel upset about yourself. Just as long as u recognized you were in the wrong and the fact that you feel guilty is a good sign. My surgeon made me go on puree foods the day I got out of the hospital so every surgeon is different. I personally think you will be fine. Take Fiber chews or the powder Fiber. It helped me alot to do a BM after surgery. Im 1 1/2 mnths out, I'm on solid foods now. I hope everything is good with you. best of luck to you!!

Mell....I am doing well thank you for checking in on me. :) and thank you so much for your support.

You know, @@MTWilliams I hope you don't regret posting this 'confession' on this forum. As food addicts, we often conduct our behavior in secret--stashes of candy & Cookies, eating (badly) when no one is around, I could go on. I know that's been my MO. I think (and I'm not an expert or a psychologist) you made a big step in tacking your eating addiction just by posting your indiscretion for everyone to read on this forum. Good for you.

And I think certain people that may come across as mean or judgmental to you right now are speaking out of concern. We can read a lot of tone into people's typed words. I have learned a lot and have been inspired by so many on this board. Hang in there. My surgery is one week from today. :)

Thanks so much for your support Malin. Yes everything you have mentioned I've done for almost my entire life. I've done things for food that I've never told a soul because of the shame that comes with it. But yes, I intended to confront my addiction by posting that horrible incedent on here. I thought about deleting my profile once i was kicked around a few times by some rude comments but to be honest i realized that it would hurt me more than it would help me. I need a place to be honest about my addiction and a place to rejoice about my progression. Thank you again for your support.

Edited by MTWilliams

You know, @@MTWilliams I hope you don't regret posting this 'confession' on this forum. As food addicts, we often conduct our behavior in secret--stashes of candy & Cookies, eating (badly) when no one is around, I could go on. I know that's been my MO. I think (and I'm not an expert or a psychologist) you made a big step in tacking your eating addiction just by posting your indiscretion for everyone to read on this forum. Good for you.

And I think certain people that may come across as mean or judgmental to you right now are speaking out of concern. We can read a lot of tone into people's typed words. I have learned a lot and have been inspired by so many on this board. Hang in there. My surgery is one week from today. :)

Also, I understand I could have misplaced some emotions on some concerned members comments but also, there were some things that should have never been said. Those were the things that hurt. But the members like you who really supported me in my time of need make up for all of the rude members

Edited by MTWilliams

There will always be more Christmases with all the same favorite holiday foods you're used to but you will never have another chance to get this right. Get it right Now. The amount you ate is about what I might eat now 2 yrs post-op, but I would never have dared at 6 days out. And trust me, once you start breaking little rules, you break more rules and it's all downhill from there. I'm currently fighting back some recent weight gain that I know is due to completely poor food choices. A chip here and there was no big deal or a 1/4 c of dessert on an occassion. But then every third day was an occassion, then every stressful day at work was a occassion, now the people at the bakery know me by name and I'm up 15 stupid pounds and the thing is-chocolate tasted gross for months after surgery but I almost forced myself to eat it because I felt deprived on some level. But I wasn't and you aren't either. Trust me, some day you will get to Sample and taste all of those foods again, but not now and not altogether as a mini-feast. You survived this ordeal but Stop It Right Now-the disappointment you feel now will not even compare if you sabotage this amazing and severe step you have taken. If I could undo all the cheetos and macaroons of the past 2 months I would-my life would be the same but my clothes would fit a hell of a lot better. I didn't need them and I don't. Catch yourself now and put it an end to it, letting this be a lesson and not an "well I did it the one time and it was okay so . . ." One time makes two times okay and three and so on.... Anyway, congratulations on surgery and stick with the liquids. If pudding is a trigger then get rid of it.6 days out of surgery I was eating 1/3 cup of pureed bean Soup at the very most or a 1/3 scrambled egg...

I'm not at all feeling like " well I did it one time and it was okay so....." I'm sorry you've gained. I don't intend on gaining but also I don't intend on acting like I don't have an eating disorder and I don't intent on slamming my face into some glass or something crazy over a mistake I made. I can't think of any other way to feel more badly over what I did than to turn to physical harm. I don't really know what some members want of me. Lol. It's like not enough that I feel regret, remorse, dred. Forgive me for being happy that I didn't die over my mistake. I feel like some of what you've written here is out of concern but if you would read some of the other posts you'd see that I've been chewed out enough. You've written some things here that have hurt my feelings because you're speaking to me like I'm a dumb child that does not know the consequences of eating poorly. It's obvious that I do. If this was not your intention than fine but im.choosing to take only the things that will benefit me in my life and not the things that will harm my spirit and thanks for the congratulations. Nothing like a pat on the back after a slap in the face. :)

Edited by MTWilliams

This group is sooo judgemental.. I am deleting.. but not before reporting!

#terrible

Thank you mom3plus2. I wish you wouldn't go though. Let's just support each other kindly and ignore the things that cause others emotional harm. I'll be there for you if u need me.

If your not in pain and still breathing you'll be okay. At 7 days I was eating softwood like cheese eggs and stuff like that. Just remember rule 22 chew 22 times before swallowing. Be careful to pay attention to your body don't over do it. You can always start over tomorrow go for a walk long one and do liquids it well help you feel better.

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for your support gungirl!!!! That put a smile on my face. :)

I was also sleeved on the 18th and I can't move to puréed until the 9th. They have a very strict diet. I can't wait to be able to have something other than Soup, Jello, and Protein shakes.

The 9th is just around the corner friend!!!!!:) congratulations on you're sleeve and we should totally be buddies since we were sleeved on the same day.

Have you been able to speak to your doctor yet? Do you feel fine now?

I completely understand the cravings, and they are the worst in the weeks immediately after surgery. You begin to miss just chewing.. anything! Chewing sugar free icey poles helped and I let them melt in my mouth.

I was terrified my first few weeks so never really had anything solid until I was allowed. I was worried as I was warned that even a little bit of shredded chicken could hook onto my staples and create an infection.

If you are still feeling hungry and your cravings are bad please consider reflux. Mine was so bad that it kept me awake at night and I thought it was hunger. I doubled my dose of Nexus prescribed by the surgeon (on his recommendation) and it immediately resolved itself. From then on I had no hunger pain, or cravings.

Oh wow. How scary. I was never warned about food getting suck. I was kinda just released and given a packet of what I could eat and sent on my way. Was never told not to eat certain things because something would happen you know so I had no idea. How scary though. Gosh, im.so glad that I'm fine.

Edited by MTWilliams